Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jayvan View Post
    This happens to me if I have something growing in my garden when I try to go to town. Try harvesting your crops before trying to go to the town map. It doesn't crash if all my crops have been harvested. Kind of annoying but I can work around it. Otherwise very nice game.
    Had the exact same issue. I can confirm that harvesting all items fixed the issue, tho its a bit annoying to have to do that. I hope EA is noticing this since is seems to be a constant.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jayvan View Post
    This happens to me if I have something growing in my garden when I try to go to town. Try harvesting your crops before trying to go to the town map. It doesn't crash if all my crops have been harvested. Kind of annoying but I can work around it. Otherwise very nice game.

can't believe that was it...thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Zero game crashes here. I have been playing them non stop since Yesterday.

WebOS Version: 1.3.5.1
    Preware: Yes
    Patches: No
    Rooted: No
    Themes: No

I think that those that are having crashes should list which patches they are running. Patches are always the problem around here.
    NFS would crash on my after doctoring and a full erase. No patches installed at that pint.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  4.    #24  
    It looks like ALL 3D games have updates posted today, hopefully fixes to the problem???
    Quote Originally Posted by natsteff View Post
    It looks like ALL 3D games have updates posted today, hopefully fixes to the problem???
    none for NFSU.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I was having crazy NFS crashing, so I went through the following:

• Removed theme
    • Removed some patches/services I thought maybe could affect it
    • Removed all patches with EPR
    • Re-did MvApp migration followed by Emergency Migration Assistant (had done this after 1.3.5.1)
    • Lots of reboots

Nothing had an effect, then I did a Partial Erase (was going to follow with a Doctor, full erase, doctor). After doing the partial erase and re-installing NFS from the app catalog, it worked beautifully. I lost my saved game, but I've now gone from the beginning to the 5th race in the 3rd (last) zone with only one crash.

I'm not sure if the original download was corrupted, my game save file got corrupted, something else on the device was causing a conflict, or they did a stealth update in the App Catalog, but a partial erase worked for me. I should have tried deleting the game data first from the game options to see if that fixed it.

On top of whatever causes the "lots of crashes" issue, I think there are other specific bugs in the games that cause a crash. (one of the races in the 1st zone of NFS, maybe 7, seems to frequently cause a crash; the motorcycle in Asphalt always crashes; someone mentioned some garden thing in Sims that always crashes)

I'm wondering if crashing from one of those bugs or something else happening on the phone can mess something up with either the game or the save game file, which then leads to further crashing.

Edit: looks like NFS was updated in the app catalog and EA recommends a delete and reinstall. So maybe a partial erase was overkill :P
    Last edited by ahitz; 01/13/2010 at 10:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    I was having crazy NFS crashing, so I went through the following:

[LIST][*]Removed theme[*]Removed some patches/services I thought maybe could affect it[*]Removed all patches with EPR[*]Re-did MvApp migration followed by Emergency Migration Assistant (had done this after 1.3.5.1)[*]Lots of reboots

Edit: looks like NFS was updated in the app catalog and EA recommends a delete and reinstall. So maybe a partial erase was overkill :P

Whats the Warranty code on your device? (##786#)

Im also not showing an update for NFSU...
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDizzo View Post
    Whats the Warranty code on your device? (##786#)

Im also not showing an update for NFSU...
    Code is 05/01 - I added that to that poll yesterday, but it really seems that it wasn't a hardware thing for me. I may take this back tomorrow, but I've been playing like crazy since re-installing yesterday evening and haven't had crashes (app crashes, that is, I crash my car plenty in the game)

I didn't show an update for NFSU either, although Precentral has it on their list of Updated Apps on the post today.
    Well, i read on the reviews, someone had turned the volume from all the way down, to up just a touch and the crashing stopped. I just tried that and ive raced 3 races without an app crash. I'll post if anything changes...

Just a thought worth trying.
    ARG, this is getting more frustrating with each time. Just deleted and reinstalled with no multitasking during, and reboots after each stage. Also had the volume up only a little. This time I didn't even get past the VERY FIRST race without it crashing, whereas before it always crashed during the second one where you knock out the police cars. POS!!!
    Yeah, that thing about reinstalling or volume definitely doesn't make sense. That's not the issue. The issue is the game itself (or the PDK, since apparently all 3d games have similar issues), and until there's a bugfix, it's not going away.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I went about a week with NFS and longer with doom and quake with no issues. Tonight I finally crashed when i got txt msg during play.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek View Post
    Yeah, that thing about reinstalling or volume definitely doesn't make sense. That's not the issue. The issue is the game itself (or the PDK, since apparently all 3d games have similar issues), and until there's a bugfix, it's not going away.
    I had major crashing, and after a partial erase, re-download and re-install have had only 1 after extensive play (to my surprise - I had thought like you). So it very well could be at least one of the issues.
    i know, but i did the "fix" for mytether wifi patch and then the volume, (before during crashes the music volume was all the way down) and now it seems to be stable. I know that these things may not have fixed it, but its working... for now... There is still some sort of problem, that EA or Palm needs to figure out.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    The mytether thing is clearly an issue, but not one that is Palm's or EA's responsibility. It's a patch for unsupported use of the device.

I noticed I had more crashing when I turned down/off the in-game sound, but that could have been sheer coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    The mytether thing is clearly an issue, but not one that is Palm's or EA's responsibility. It's a patch for unsupported use of the device.

I noticed I had more crashing when I turned down/off the in-game sound, but that could have been sheer coincidence.

i understand that the mytether issue is no ones fault but mine for putting it on. Im saying theres a problem with the apps, or devices. Dont get me wrong, im agreeing with you, i just read that thing about the volume and thought it was worth a try, and for me it seems to work. I hope the big issue is fixed soon. but either way, i love my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDizzo View Post
    Well, i read on the reviews, someone had turned the volume from all the way down, to up just a touch and the crashing stopped. I just tried that and ive raced 3 races without an app crash. I'll post if anything changes...

Just a thought worth trying.
    Holy crap. Turning the music back on (to a notch or two) and keeping my system sounds on (a notch or two) has stopped the crashing. I've never gotten past level 2 before, and as I post this I'm on level 5... This is unbelievable, but I'll take it.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue with the Sims - I'll try the harvesting the garden trip and betting that'll fix it. Asphalt 5 is also crashing occasionally for me too, with no pattern to help me figure it out.
    I've encountered several "application error" type crashes while playing Glyder 2. Frustrating. Happening more frequently now than when I first installed it.
    WOO-HOO!!!

I feel like I ought to post a new thread, to give people hope, but I had to start somewhere...

After doctoring and wiping my Pre and still not being able to even PLAY Need For Speed Undercover, I took it to Sprint. Two hours later, they decided to order a new phone for me, apparently agreeing that it may be a hardware issue.

Two days later, I still hadn't heard anything from Sprint about the phone. I called and found out had arrived, yesterday! I picked it up, today, set it up, installed the latest update, installed NFSU, rebooted (just because) and I have played flawlessly (so far)!!!

Joy.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast