Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43
  1. #21  
    so today I completed the story mide over all, not too tough.

    here is what I did

    1) I used a mazdaspeed 3 to start and upgraded all performance.

    this took me quite easily up to stage two and change.

    2) At that point I upgraded to the viper viper is available before most other supercars.

    tip--- to get easy style points repeat the very first race in level 1 i think its called "the big race" or something

    3) sell the Mazda and upgrade the viper handling first, then nitro and acceleration, spread it out and max it when you can.

    tip--- when you finish level 2 go back and repeat the very last race in it. If you have the viper maxed, you can start by nitro, then nitro again. In 20 seconds you will have 6k more in the bank.

    4) combine that repeatedly with repeated level one 1st race style points (you can easily get 20+k on that level) and you will soon be able to buy the ford GT. Max it out and then go destroy level 3. Enjoy.


    when done you unlock a special mode (I won't spoil it for you by telling you)

    you also now win race money in the original amount, so that final race of stage 2 nets 25k in about 25 seconds, including loading times.
    Last edited by windzilla; 01/11/2010 at 02:11 PM.
  2. #22  
    in addition to the above, successful drifting will recharge nitro quickly upon completion of said drift.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    Woah woah what?
    Wheel, spoiler, and suspension are DESIGN; nothing to do with performance!
    Spolier: helps with handling when you're doing 180mph
    Suspension: (see spoiler comment)
    Wheels: should help...but probably don't since this is an arcade...not a sim

    Your right...horsepower is horsepower but if the overall "design" of the car cannot handle it..then whats the point.
  4. estockda's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvintimothyjr View Post
    Spolier: helps with handling when you're doing 180mph
    Suspension: (see spoiler comment)
    Wheels: should help...but probably don't since this is an arcade...not a sim

    Your right...horsepower is horsepower but if the overall "design" of the car cannot handle it..then whats the point.
    I think you'd be right if it were a sim... but I don't think any of the designs affect performance in this game.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by estockda View Post
    I think you'd be right if it were a sim... but I don't think any of the designs affect performance in this game.
    If I remember correctly the guy from EA that presented NFS claimed that changing the spoiler actually does correlate to performance differences in the game.
  6. #26  
    I didn't even think about repeating finished races for cash & style points lol, great tip!

    I had been using the 240 Z all the way to level 3 n finally bought the evo.

    game isn't very hard though
  7. ahitz's Avatar
    Posts
    412 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    I didn't even think about repeating finished races for cash & style points lol, great tip!

    I had been using the 240 Z all the way to level 3 n finally bought the evo.

    game isn't very hard though
    Once you finish it, the highway battle at the end of the 2nd zone ("Road Rage") is a great way to get money quickly. The faster your car, the quicker you can blow through it (I do it in 15s now - nitro off line, nitro when that's worn off, done), and if you take a while to finish for some reason just ride for a while getting drift/near miss/nudge style points.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    Drifting is great. Don't drift if you're going slow. Learn how to stop drifting well. Doing a 200 point "nudge" is a good way to end a drift. The CPUS are bad drivers too, they'll hit stuff.
    Get whatever car @thestart, pimp it, then upgrade to a viper and pimp it.
    I believe that when you end a drift with a nudge or by hitting anything else, you don't get the style points. Still good for speed purposes though. The Mazda to Viper (and now to my Lamborghini) does seem to be the way to go.
  8. #28  
    yea if you nudge to end a drift it won't count. Drifting gets real easy with practice though trust me.

    I just did the highway on 2nd level in 48.6 with the evo. Easy moneys lol.

    oh yea best way to total enemies is to side swipe em @ the right angle n high speed. If times good you can knock out 2 @ once after awhile
    Last edited by draztikrhymez; 01/13/2010 at 06:54 PM.
  9. #29  
    What's the fastest you guys have done the 2nd citys highway battle. My best is 11.6 in my GT.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    What's the fastest you guys have done the 2nd citys highway battle. My best is 11.6 in my GT.
    10.0 in the pagini,

    for the GT 10.2


    scratch that, just beat my own time, 9.9!
    Last edited by windzilla; 01/13/2010 at 08:27 PM.
    There are four lights.
  11. #31  
    23 just now with the gt-r stock

    I wish this game had the Veyron instead of the zonda. Or even better both lol

    14.7 with nos updated now
    Last edited by draztikrhymez; 01/13/2010 at 08:36 PM.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by teej51685 View Post
    If I remember correctly the guy from EA that presented NFS claimed that changing the spoiler actually does correlate to performance differences in the game.
    I don't want to sound like I know more then an EA guy, but I definetly think he mis-spoke (if you read kotaku, joystiq you will see it happens...a lot) I think their is a reason why they are seperated into Performance and Visual categories.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    10.0 in the pagini,

    for the GT 10.2


    scratch that, just beat my own time, 9.9!
    o.O I can't get the pahini to get any faster than my gt. Drift mode is HARD, I'm suck on the 3rd or 4th one.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    o.O I can't get the pahini to get any faster than my gt. Drift mode is HARD, I'm suck on the 3rd or 4th one.
    trust me drifting gets easy. Make sure after you start ur drift you quickly steer opposite of it to keep ur car drifting without spinning out. Then u'll easily get over 1000 skill point drifts
  15. #35  
    Is it possible to change the camera angle on this game? I know we have the outside view, but any others? I thought I saw some sort of gesture to do so, but the instructions still haven't reappeared for me. -Grand
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastem View Post
    Is it possible to change the camera angle on this game? I know we have the outside view, but any others? I thought I saw some sort of gesture to do so, but the instructions still haven't reappeared for me. -Grand
    you can only change camera in garage viewing ur cars. I thought it ment in race camera too, but then during loading I saw all the instructions and it was about the garage camera
  17. #37  
    I found a nifty trick in the "take out" races, when you're next to the enemy, use the speed brake. i did and then was able to hit them about three times by turning left then right and back, before the speed brake wore off. the physics during speed brake aren't accurate, but i'm not complaining. just though it was funny.
  18. #38  
    [never mind - I found another thread with this problem described, and the solution fixed my problem! I can't post links or I would cross-link it.]

    has anyone had trouble getting NFSU to start? I was playing just fine for about a week, but then something happened and I can't start the app any more. I upgraded to the latest version (today). I've tried restarting the phone. No other apps are open, although some things like gDial Pro are likely running the background.

    Right after the upgrade, I got the "Too Many Cards Open" error when I tried to start NFSU. Then I reset the phone, and now it just flashed like it's gonna start, but nothing happens.

    I do have various patches installed, and also MyTether with it's "camera patch". I'm gonna try taking the MyTether patch out just to see if it makes a difference (I think that's one of the things I did since I last had NFSU working).

    Any other suggestions from anyone?

    thanks!
    Last edited by rigatony1; 01/16/2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: found better thread
  19. 2jzgze's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #39  
    how the heck do you pass the hot car part?
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2jzgze View Post
    how the heck do you pass the hot car part?
    Dodge the cars and hazards.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions