Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    When i doctored my phone I didn't reinstall mytether, so that could have been it for me. I did notice if you have 3 cards open I get a to many cards open pop up. Other than that If I have a couple of cards open the game is fine. It does take a little longer to load, but while playing, it seems pretty normal.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    fyi- Asphalt5 just got an update which users report has fixed the crashing problems, maybe our problems are software related after all.
    That's what I've been hoping for, but no new NFS yet. Maybe they need me to respond to their email with the vendor I purchased it from.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenlkl@yahoo.com View Post
    When i doctored my phone I didn't reinstall mytether, so that could have been it for me.
    I've never had myteher installed and NFS and Asphalt crash all the time so that might be an issue but it's not the only issue. I've noticed in Asphalt that if it crashes and I try the same race again it will crash again, but if I switch races and/or cars I can get through a couple more races before it starts crashing again. It always crashes at the very start of a race, right after I tap the cutscene.

I haven't updated Asphalt yet, gonna try that now.
  5.    #125  
    Thats a good thought. I have now given up on NFSU. I uninstalled it. Monopoly and Oregon Trainl both work fine. Not quite as exciting but it's still an imporvement over bubbles and Dots. lol.
    Note to thread - I turned the music back on for NSFU (just a little bit) and it has apparently stopped the crashing. Why that should have anything to do with it, I don't know, but...
    This trick worked for me.

1) Uninstall NFSU
    2) Re-install NSFU and LEAVE your phone ALONE. Don't touch it even if you get a phone call or text.
    3) Once NSFU is installed, turn off your Pre (Don't hit restart; shut down).
    4) Turn Pre back on and profit.

I used to have NFSU restart about every race. The furthest I would ever get was 2 fails and now I've played and beaten NFSU with zero errors.

EDIT: This WILL remove your game data. FYI.
    Last edited by DiGG; 01/14/2010 at 01:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    This trick worked for me.
    Nope. I did get a bit further, I was able to finish the first race and get the bonuses, but after that it bombed. What's also interesting to me is that it shouldn't have been using any extra resources at that point in the game, because all it was doing was showing the score bonuses at the time.

Greg
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Ok I ran my tether and now I can not even open need for speed, doom, etc...I did uninstall the patch for wifi tethering and nothing happened. Tried uninstalling My Tether, nothing...Tried uninstalling and reinstalling NFSU and nothing. I'm lost. Any Ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated. Thanks!
    I think I've given up at this point as I've tried everything. I tried doing a full erase, doctoring, replaced .mytether with the one in the rar, did the reinstall without touching the phone and restarting, everything anyone has come up with so far. Whenever I try to launch NFS, Doom, or X-Plane the icon is highlighted for a second but never actually launches. For some reason X-Plane launched one time after uninstalling and reinstalling a bunch of times but now it's back to the way it was and doesn't work just like the others.
    Good news: The solution that worked for me is similar to what has already been noted:

1. Delete NFSU
    2. Restart phone
    3. Reinstall NFSU (let it do it's thing, I didn't use the phone at all during this period. Avoiding d/l corruption at all costs).
    4. Restart phone after installation
    5. Play till your heart's content

I haven't gotten a single crash, I do get the too many card error, but that simply pauses the game, and I can just hit OK and get right back into it.

I was able to play through the 4th race (where it kept crashing for me) multiple times without problems (I finally beat it!)

I say give this method a shot, I know I went as far as hard resetting and doctoring to no avail.
    My NFSU doesn't crash but it never saves my place. The first time I played it, it did. I closed it out and the next day went back in to play and it had me on the level I was currently on. NOW, whenever I close it out, and then go back to play, it makes me start at the beginning every single time...
    Quote Originally Posted by relic419 View Post
    Good news: The solution that worked for me is similar to what has already been noted:
    As I said, did not work for me. Not a magical fix. What also makes me wonder is why a restart after installation, then a reboot after installation works when doctoring (effectively WIPING the phone) didn't.

Greg
    Last edited by gchance; 01/14/2010 at 06:13 PM.
    Incidentally I didn't just reboot after, I powered down and back on.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by relic419 View Post

1. Delete NFSU
    2. Restart phone
    3. Reinstall NFSU (let it do it's thing, I didn't use the phone at all during this period. Avoiding d/l corruption at all costs).
    4. Restart phone after installation
    5. Play till your heart's content

I haven't gotten a single crash, I do get the too many card error, but that simply pauses the game, and I can just hit OK and get right back into it.

I was able to play through the 4th race (where it kept crashing for me) multiple times without problems (I finally beat it!)

I say give this method a shot, I know I went as far as hard resetting and doctoring to no avail.
    doesn't work for me. The crashes are a bit less frequent, but going from one crash every 30 seconds to one crash every minute isn't much of an improvement.
    Mine started crashing as soon as I turned off the music...turning it back on now to see if it helps.

Braden
    There is an update for NFS in the app catalog now.
    Before the patch I could not finish the second race. After the patch, no crashes after the first seven races. Taking a break!
    I never had any crashes with NFS... the one complaint I have now is that I liked the old icon better.
    Quote Originally Posted by gchance View Post
    As I said, did not work for me. Not a magical fix. What also makes me wonder is why a restart after installation, then a reboot after installation works when doctoring (effectively WIPING the phone) didn't.

Greg
    Well the problem with wiping is that all your apps are essentially downloaded simultaneously, which has a higher potential for error
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast