Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I have a newer Pre. Some patches. My Asphalt 5 starts crashing by level 17. Can't get any further then that, due to not being able to races the only 3 available races! I reinstalled same thing. Also I have noticed that if I look for updates and the installed app list comes up, 2 out of 3 of my 3D games don't appear in the list. Asphalt 5 being 1 of them!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwing View Post
    I'm haven't even been lucky enough to have it crash on me as i CAN'T INSTALL THE GAME! I'm having the other common problem of the install taking me in a loop of "Install Failed, Restart Required", and then after restart it just doesn't the same thing! I knew this new gaming on the Pre had to be too good to be true!
    Ditto. How frustrating and ... should I say... embarrassing for Palm.
    can't even launch the game, with no patch and no homebrew app!
    Semi-frequently I get "Too many cards open" errors, I am running Brightness unlinked and Switcharoo in the background...but I can run so many other things at once fine without issue...what gives? I read another person having this issue..
    This error is driving me crazy, I get it all the time! I can play the first race on NFSU without crashing after installation, but get to the second race and the app dies all over the place. Then trying to go back to the first race crashes it again - only after reinstalling the app will it work properly. Numerous reboots along the wall and killing all the background apps I have. This was the #1 game I wanted to see on the pre... and something isn't working well. bah!
  6.    #66  
    How do you know what programs are running in the background???
  7.    #67  
    okay, I just emailed EA mobile. I'll post the reply when i get it. Its very concerning that the Palm pre isn't listed in the drop down box for selecting device. Its a mandatory selection to send the email and I had to select an LG phone. Ugh...
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    ok everyone I have doctored my pre and as a result I was able to play nfs without any problems!! It is running so smooth right now. I have used layest which is 1.3.5.1. I haven't run into any problems and I was able to run couple of pages while game was in the background!! I would suggest you do the same. I did install preware afterwards with the latest package manager. No patches except sms per contact and 4x4.
    Quote Originally Posted by havatampa View Post
    ok everyone I have doctored my pre and as a result I was able to play nfs without any problems!! It is running so smooth right now. I have used layest which is 1.3.5.1. I haven't run into any problems and I was able to run couple of pages while game was in the background!! I would suggest you do the same. I did install preware afterwards with the latest package manager. No patches except sms per contact and 4x4.
    Did you complete erase your Pre and doctor it or just doctor it?

Also, how was NFSU behaving for you, at first?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    NFSU continues to crash on me on the 7th race where you have to destroy that mazda 3. It's pathetic. I feel like calling and asking for my money back if they can't fix this soon.
    I have the app error problem as well. It only happens with NFSU. Restarting the phone each time it happens helps playing longer than if I were to re-open the app right away but I still get it after about one race.

Asphalt5 and Oregon Trail work perfectly for me though.

Never installed preware or any homebrew things.
    I appreciate your efforts, but purging my Pre of everything it does to play one game isn't an acceptable solution to me. Either the game or webos has a bug that needs to be fixed.

The next step, of course, would be to install patches one by one and see which one causes a crash.

Greg
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gchance View Post
    The next step, of course, would be to install patches one by one and see which one causes a crash.

Greg
    lol i guess that's what needs to be done.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Last night I ran WebOS QuickInstall, Checked Device Management, and even though I had no recollection of installing these patches, I found 3 patches: diffstat, GNU patch and a third that I don't remember.
    (The only thing I can figure is they got installed with FileMgr Service and Internalz.)
    As I almost never use these, I removed these patches (using WebOS QuickInstall), and deleted Internalz from the phone. (I could not find FileMgr Service.)
    I uninstalled Need For Speed, restarted the phone, and reinstalled Need For Speed.
    I wish I could say that this totally fixed things, But I will say that it has only crashed once since I did this, ans apposed to every first or second lap, and I can now play the game.
    The only bad news is, I can hardly get my phone away from my eight year old son!
    Last night I ran WebOS QuickInstall, Checked Device Management, and even though I had no recollection of installing these patches, I found 3 patches: diffstat, GNU patch and a third that I don't remember.
    These are installed so you can run Webos Quick Install
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I have a problem with the horrible acting by what looks to be Christina Milian in the cut scene videos.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    i like the subtitles next to the girl "talking" but no audio.

sorry to get off topic, i have installed this app, and had crashes. so i re-installed and rebooted, I post if it helps...
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    No but really, I've tried to make screenshots of the game, they don't come out at all...just a blank screen in the photos app.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Still crashing...
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast