Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    I did some more testing.

- Removed all patches; crash.
    - Uninstalled MyTether; crash.
    - SSH'ed & ran Top while playing; crash; LUNA RESTARTED.

During the Top run, free memory stayed right around 3MB the entire time. I would have expected it to suddenly dip way below that right before the crash, but nope.

After that was all done, after the luna restart my free RAM is averaging right around 25MB.

Greg
    Well I hope I'm completely off-base with my theory of it being RAM related, that's for sure.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Here's another interesting symptom, After the last Crash (No pun intended ), I was not able to connect to the Web, no App Catalog, no nothing. I had to restart my phone.

Of note, there is a thread over at Palm's support forum discussing the crashing of 3d games (started with Asphalt 5, but I added on it).

Check out : Asphalt 5 crashes... Can't play. - webOS Software - Palm Support Community
    I have yet to experience one crash with NFS or Asphalt 5. I even tried leaving a few cards open and still no crashes. I was able to have the Quake demo running in the background and still play NFS as smooth as butter.

I did have one stutter once which I later found out was caused be DrPodder downloading a podcast in the background. I have found that DrPodder always cause a system slowdown no matter what app I am running.

I don't think this issue is as wide spread as you guys do. Thousands of people have downloaded these 3d games in the last 24 hours and only small minority are having issues. I would start by looking at Patches and Themes that you are running. There must be a common link.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    How long did you play either NFS or Asphalt for in your tests?

I'v tried with and without patches, with and without my background apps (switcharoo and weather dashboard), and it still crashes. I'm testing with the CPU smartflex now without background apps (crashed with background apps).
    Quote Originally Posted by relic419 View Post
    How long did you play either NFS or Asphalt for in your tests?
    Probably a total of 1.5 hours

Did all of you have problems with Doom / Quake as well?

Did you have to run the Emergency Migration application?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Probably a total of 1.5 hours

Did all of you have problems with Doom / Quake as well?

Did you have to run the Emergency Migration application?
    I haven't had a single problem with Doom or Quake (more so Quake, since that's what I play)

Also, I never had to run the Emergency Migration application after the 1.3.5.0/1 update.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I'm haven't even been lucky enough to have it crash on me as i CAN'T INSTALL THE GAME! I'm having the other common problem of the install taking me in a loop of "Install Failed, Restart Required", and then after restart it just doesn't the same thing! I knew this new gaming on the Pre had to be too good to be true!
    I haven't had a single crash or any problems at all. I played for a couple of hours last night (with the browser open in the background).

No patches, no homebrew.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    ok right now i am doctoring my pre i will give you guys update to see if crash still happens! this will be the last thing i will do. i am really tired
    Quote Originally Posted by havatampa View Post
    ok right now i am doctoring my pre i will give you guys update to see if crash still happens! this will be the last thing i will do. i am really tired
    Doing the same
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Please tell me the webos doctor works???...!!!!! I really don't want to have wasted $10 on this thing....
    I think a COMPLETE Patch free Pre is the solution...
    Quote Originally Posted by havatampa View Post
    Yes, please keep us posted. I tried even a partial erase and still the game doesn't launch. My only other optiom is doctoring my Pre, so looking forward to hear from you.
  15.    #55  
    If it is the memory... wouldn't that negate any multi-tasking? SOunds like everything has to be closed to run the program. I don't want this crashing everytime I get a text or email. Hmmm, also, I have no homebrew apps, patches or themes. Only Palm preloaded software and a few apps from the app store.
    my game doesn't save? anyone know what i should do? i hate having to restart over and over...
    Quote Originally Posted by rondera View Post
    Maymbe you list your installed patches? I think that can be the Problem. Or have somebody with no patches the same issues?..
    I have no patches, no Preware, no homebrew, just straight a out of the box Pre with a bunch of apps from the app store. And I'm getting the same problem with NFSU. I am on the 2nd race and it crashes each time. I've sent an email to EA's tech support and hopefully I'll hear back in a few days.
    Someone on another thread pointed out that the Pre CPU goes to 600mHz when playing these games, I wonder if that could be causing some issues on some devices, when it switches between clock speeds when getting a notification, etc.
    Bad news: So I did a hard reset + doctor to pretty much start from a clean slate. All my apps have been downloaded, haven't setup those with background activity and haven't installed Preware (and patches), and the game continues to quit. Pretty frustrating at this point.
    Ok I just got a new (refurb) today and downloaded and installed without interruptions but still have the same issue with Asphalt 5

This time I made it to farther track wise but like the other times when I unlocked the motorcycle (bought it too) it can load courses.

People without problems... did you get the motorcycle? and what is your phones build date? Two phones I have used so far are 06/20 and 06/04.

Edit: I found that reseting your progress fixes it (until you but the motorbike)
    Last edited by IcerC; 01/08/2010 at 11:47 PM.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast