1.    #1  
    So i just happened to scan the app catalog today and like always I look for a VNC or Logmein app. Oddly enough I found this one, and I'm kinda confused. It seems the VNC part of the app is waaaay more interesting than the media remote part! Is this a true VNC app? could I install any VNC server to get it to work? I'd be happy to pay the author the $5 if this truely works with a regular VNC server! I just don't wanna install some weird proprietary remote login server. Please let me know! If the author of the app wants, I could deposit the money into their paypal account instead of paying for the other server.

Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    hmmm, just noticed it uses port 63342. the standard VNC port is 5800/5900 so it seems like this might not really be VNC. I could be wrong since its possible to configure VNC with a different port number.
    It's definitely not a "true" vnc client. It has its own server piece that it some how passes through to get to VNC. I just spent about 15 minutes trying to get it to work for you but didn't have any luck.

However, the app is AWESOME for controlling an htpc. It has a trackpad/keyboard ability that is just amazing. The mouse has little to no lag and it has a section for tons of buttons (page up, function keys, etc). Plus it can do other stuff too like control media monkey, itunes and others. It also has its own screen shot based remote if you are in dire need to RC but it has no security at all so I wouldn't use it anywhere except a secure wireless network.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    It's definitely not a "true" vnc client. It has its own server piece that it some how passes through to get to VNC. I just spent about 15 minutes trying to get it to work for you but didn't have any luck.

However, the app is AWESOME for controlling an htpc. It has a trackpad/keyboard ability that is just amazing. The mouse has little to no lag and it has a section for tons of buttons (page up, function keys, etc). Plus it can do other stuff too like control media monkey, itunes and others. It also has its own screen shot based remote if you are in dire need to RC but it has no security at all so I wouldn't use it anywhere except a secure wireless network.
    aww, thanks for trying man, I really appreciate it. Bummed to hear that its not a true VNC client, figured I'd be hearing a lot about it if it was. Maybe I'll try using that other remote client that someone developed but I don't think that has any security either. I just really surprised that no one has been able to port over a true VNC client with basic left click, right click, double click functionality.
    I expect that the PDK will have us seeing countless apps like this in the next 6 months. Exciting times!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    I expect that the PDK will have us seeing countless apps like this in the next 6 months. Exciting times!
    hope you're right! I'm not missing much else at this point