1.    #1  
    I got both NFS and Sims3... Don't mind spending 20 for apps that look great and show off hardware/phone. The problem is that neither of them will respect the fact that I'm trying to play with no sound/music.

Both of them conveniently ignore the slider set to mute. I can sorta live with that, since there are ingame options to turn off sound and music... but guess what? THEY DONT REALLY WORK!. Some of the music is turned off in NFS (and most of the sounds), but there are still cutscenes and such with sound/music. what's the point of the frigging option?

Same with the sims. It sorta works, to mute most stuff, but you still hear sounds coming out from the app (yes, I checked, I had nothing else running ).

Anyways, it sorta defeats the purpose of having options for sounds if it won't always respect them. I want to be able to play in private (hey, everyone brings the phones to the bathroom, don't they?????)
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    did u use the mute button on the pre itself?
  3.    #3  
    Yep, tried that... it sometimes works, but then it ignores it later... on NFS, I tried rocking the switch back and forth, and it would sometimes stop the sound/music momentarily. (Switch works for my ringers).
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    The switch is for system/notification sounds (usually). Use the volume buttons on the side.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  5.    #5  
    Ok, I do feel like an ***** now... haven't tried that, but will... doh!