Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Which one is better. Asphalt has multiplayer and need for speed has a better story mode
    i got them both NFS is better but both are worth getting Asphalt is more arcadish!
    Asphalt is the I picked

reasons

1. cheaper
    2. IGN gives it higher score than NFS undercover
    3. it supposedly has better graphic than NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Asphalt is the I picked

reasons

1. cheaper
    2. IGN gives it higher score than NFS undercover
    3. it supposedly has better graphic than NFS
    NFS has waaaay better graphics asphalt looks like cruising USA on N64 NFS looks like NFS on PSP
    I got asphalt because ign and Asphalt 5 vs. Need For Speed Underground - Page 3 - Touch Arcade and it's more arcadey like burnout.

I was reading that it was crashing on some pre's though. ( http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...w-games-7.html )
    yeah it's crashing on mine i did a restart it work a lil better then crashed again after the game
    so i just wasted 7$ on a game thats going to crash every time I want to play it....smh.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver24 View Post
    so i just wasted 7$ on a game thats going to crash every time I want to play it....smh.
    LOL i hope not
    Quote Originally Posted by yaboymartell View Post
    NFS has waaaay better graphics asphalt looks like cruising USA on N64 NFS looks like NFS on PSP
    not according to professional game site IGN.
    no not all the time, but often enough to bug me a lil bit
    NSU rocks. Didn't really think he palm was capable of graphics like this. Why the heck were they holding out on us? Lots of potential.
    WOOT!
    btw just passed the first level and no crashing on NSU for me. For those who get it, no need to go around the intro track 20 times like a ******* like me looking for a finish line, you have to follow the instructional lessons at the bottom of the screen to advance.
    Need for Speed is crashing all the time for me! For that reason I prefer Asphalt right now. It's a lot of fun, amazing that I can play these 3d games on my Pre.
    Asphalt is working great for me (no crashes) ... I currently have no patches on my phone.

Edit: app quit and I had a missed call at the same time. (the phone never rang)
    so is the gpu being used or not ? with all this crashing going on it makes me wonder??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Asphalt is working great for me (no crashes) ... I currently have no patches on my phone.
    No patches..... that maybe why
    Asphalt doesn't crash at all for me but NFS crashes often.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I chose Asphalt 5 because I had Need for Speed and Asphalt 4 when I had an iPhone and had more fun with Asphalt. For people saying Asphalt is an arcadie game, then what the hell is NFS? It's just as arcadie you fools, both are good on the graphics side I'd give it a tie but favoring Asphalts graphics a little more. The game plays super smooth, I can't even believe it, hasn't crashed on me at all, and I've been flinging the app in and out of card view. It has more cars then NFS and better variety, I just unlocked a motorcycle, you won't find that on NFS. So I'd go with Asphault 5 especially with a better price tag.
    Alex was here.

Blackberry Pearl>Blackberry Curve 8310>iPhone>Blackberry Curve 8900>G1>iPhone 3G>Palm Pre
    K so look you can't have 3d games running this smoothly with these effects if the gpu on the phone wasnt being used. People keep asking this same question, its a common sense thing. You could do this with mojo sdk that smoothly or pretty, so it obviously must be the gpu being put to use here finally.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtphoto View Post
    NSU rocks. Didn't really think he palm was capable of graphics like this. Why the heck were they holding out on us? Lots of potential.
    WOOT!
    btw just passed the first level and no crashing on NSU for me. For those who get it, no need to go around the intro track 20 times like a ******* like me looking for a finish line, you have to follow the instructional lessons at the bottom of the screen to advance.
    lol I did the same thing.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    I jumped on asphalt right away because I was fooled by the mulitplayer OUTRIGHT LIE in the app catalog description. Should have known better when the description also mentioned the iphone.

Oh well. Maybe they will open up multiplayer soon...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast