Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Now I can't play while using the motorcycle. The phone just locks up and closes the game. Anyone know if they have plans of fixing this?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver24 View Post
    so i just wasted 7$ on a game thats going to crash every time I want to play it....smh.
    ...so don't worry so much about Asphalt crashing, because NFS does on my Pre. Either way it crashes! haha I don't even care!!! I freakin LOVE having awesome apps finally!!!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    overall it's fun, it just crashes every so often... I cannot do a single race with the motorcycle. it crashes every time with that.
    Yeah, I seem to have that same problem. Every time I try and use the motorcycle it crashes, weirdest bug. Hopefully they'll release an update soon for that, but for now my R8 will do
    Alex was here.

Blackberry Pearl>Blackberry Curve 8310>iPhone>Blackberry Curve 8900>G1>iPhone 3G>Palm Pre
    loving asphalt 5, it's pretty exciting taking cops out haha

and it hasn't crashed on me after playing it about 10 times so I dunno what's going on with soe people...I just keep the game app open and that's it...gotta take some precaution.
    Quote Originally Posted by diyeiogt View Post
    loving asphalt 5, it's pretty exciting taking cops out haha

and it hasn't crashed on me after playing it about 10 times so I dunno what's going on with soe people...I just keep the game app open and that's it...gotta take some precaution.
    I believe it will at level 7 (when the motorcycle is available. Let me know if it does.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I'm planning to buy one of these tonight. Any more comparison comments? (besides OS crashes) Car options? Track options? Game mode options? Gameplay? Graphics?

Thanks
    I'm liking Asphalt 5, but I must really suck at it. I'm finding it way to easy too drop from first to dead last since all the computer-controlled cars run in such a tight pack (they never seem to hit anything else on the road).
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    In terms of the levels or challenges.

NFS is known for its be a cop or challenge cops.

Does Asphalt 5 offer that? or is just different tracks and racing. or has challenge specific levels.

thanks

EDIT: haha, sorry, next time i'll read the game description.
    Thought long and hard about which one to get. Bought Asphalt 5. That tilt and screen stays same had me most. And since this is my first app to buy, saving $3 made more inclined to buy another app like twee upgrade that I have been neglecting. and after a few weeks, when i play less, will feel good. graphics seem comparable and i'm not really a game-ophile. :-P
    Last edited by RanGT; 01/08/2010 at 10:01 PM.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I bought the NFS and haven't any problems yet.
    Hey guys, figured I'd offer up some extra info, it appears in nfs that all the tracks are flat? I'm not totally sure about this however, but i know my car isnt going off any jumps or up any hills yet, but i havent left the first island so if i'm wrong let me know.

I do like the brightness and variations of the tracks so far in asphalt, though i get the motorcycle bug. And going off big jumps is pretty fun.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    I jumped on asphalt right away because I was fooled by the mulitplayer OUTRIGHT LIE in the app catalog description. Should have known better when the description also mentioned the iphone.

Oh well. Maybe they will open up multiplayer soon...
    Did the same thing. Looks like false advertising to me. I sent a message to gameloft through their website regarding this issue and the crashes. I'll post back when (or if) I get a response.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I purchased both and I find myself wanting to play Asphalt much more than NFS. My one recommendation would be to try turning the accelerometer steering off and use the screen tap for turning, made it a lot easier and a lot more fun for me at least. The accelerometer steering is a cool feature but when I actually want good control over my car the screen tapping works amazing. Both games have only ever crashed once and that was the first time I played either of them, since then no problems (even after unlocking the motorcycle in Asphalt) You won't be disappointed with either choice but for me, I prefer the tracks and cars of Asphalt , but love both games. And graphically I think Asphalt slightly edges NFS out. Either way you can't go wrong
    I bought NFS, have quite a few patches installed, and have had zero problems with crashes. Looking at picking up Asphalt 5 soon. I like the story mode and car upgrade options in NFS (could be a reason why graphics are not quite as smooth as Asphalt, has to render your car per your choices) but sometimes I just want to burn it up in a cool car. Either way, both look amazing and I'm SUPER excited that I made the right choice in buying my Pre. 3D games ROCK and here's to an incredible 2010!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Bought NFSU last and LOVE it! Wanted more, so I just bought Asphalt. Will let you guys know.

One thing though, NFSU does tilt against the accelerometer (so it looks level all the time). Saw a couple posts implying only Asphalt does that.
    Asphault 5 - installed it 5 times now. Won't play at all. Won't start. Rebooted the Pre, no start. deleted installation, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, still won't start.

No current patches except for Preware installation.

How do I get a refund?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Mark View Post
    Asphault 5 - installed it 5 times now. Won't play at all. Won't start. Rebooted the Pre, no start. deleted installation, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, still won't start.

No current patches except for Preware installation.

How do I get a refund?
    been talking to them via email from their site. they claim that new version fixes everything and IT DOES for me. 1.0.9. check it out
    ***I Twitter***

Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    been talking to them via email from their site. they claim that new version fixes everything and IT DOES for me. 1.0.9. check it out
    I have version 1.0.9 installed. Won't launch.

Is there a way to get a refund from the App Store?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Mark View Post
    I have version 1.0.9 installed. Won't launch.

Is there a way to get a refund from the App Store?
    Only contact I had was with support@gameloft.com
    they offered me a free game but kept ignoring me after they offered. then when the new update came out, they said i should try it first.

i read the best thing to do is unintall, restart. install with no other applications running. THEN RESTART! (battery pull for 2 mins is best restart after it shutsdown fully).

perhaps do a partial reset (u will only lose SOME data like texts and app settings. backup first. but try w/o reset first. otherwise, email gameloft).
    ***I Twitter***

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I have both apps and enjoy both for different reasons. Asphalt has a nice price point, great graphics, a great career mode, and scratches my itch for NFS Porsche Unleashed (a game I loved back in the day): similar foreign locales, lots of vehicle choices and, again, a great career mode (race, win $$, tweak upgrades or buy better vehicles; repeat). NFSU has similar (though not as evolved) career mechanics.

Asphalt also has nice verticality - jumps, falls, swooping turns, etc. I found the driving mechanics easier to pick up than NFSU, but both have their benefits. Most of the issues with NFSU driving - at least initially - have to do with swipes not being picked up. With Asphalt you simply tap a button. There's a steeper learning curve with NFSU, I think, but you do adapt after playing for a while.

As many have mentioned, NFSU has a great story mode (the comparisons to Fast & Furious lite are accurate). The graphics are great for a mobile game on any platform. Are they as good as Asphalt? In video, sure. But things are pretty flat otherwise (textures and terrain).

The Cops: In Asphalt cops pop up once you've become a hazard, or if they're part of a specific race (eliminate cops, etc). If you knock over enough sidewalk cafe chairs or flagpoles the cops will bum-rush you, and then a few solid hits will eliminate them.

In NFSU almost every mission involves evading or eliminating cops. They swarm, take damage (and therefore are harder to eliminate) and are an integral part of every mission.

The best way to summarize: Asphalt is about the race and NFS is about the chase. I currently own both titles and enjoy them for different reasons. I restarted after each install, they play well, and both give good value.

@Blue Mark: Sounds like a bad install. I had something similar occur after having run without issue... the 1.0.9 update took forever to install after download and hung until I launched the App Catalog and completed the install from there (clicked on the app, which then completed installing the downloaded files; this was after a restart as well - I restarted thinking that the initial install had crashed).
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoris View Post
    @Blue Mark: Sounds like a bad install. I had something similar occur after having run without issue... the 1.0.9 update took forever to install after download and hung until I launched the App Catalog and completed the install from there (clicked on the app, which then completed installing the downloaded files; this was after a restart as well - I restarted thinking that the initial install had crashed).
    8 installs.

Tried the reboot with battery out for 5 minutes. Nothing.

Launched App Catalog, selected Asphault 5, it opens with "tap to launch" bar at bottom. Tap. "Sorry, Too Many Cards". No cards to close, there is only that one.

Anyone ever get a refund from Palm App Store?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast