Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    install fails for NFS, does anyone know how I should try to get it????
    Try restarting the system then reinstall the app
    i downloaded NFS played a couple of races and i have 2 say its simply amazing...runs smoothly no crashes (so far) story mode is great so far...def worth the $10
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    so ahphalt doesn't have multiplayer??

how come people on reviews are sayin that they are playing multiplayer...

I'm downloading it now...pretty much cuz it's cheaper...but I was excited for multiplayer...
    Yeah asphalt is a great game. I got fooled by the multiplayer line too. restart your phone people
    it is failing every restart......any other ideas?
    I have been playing NFS and it is great. Worth the money even for the curious.
    The only thing I can say is NFS makes me dizzy when you tilt the screen vs. Asphalt tilts the screen with you. I like that feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilkennym27 View Post
    it is failing every restart......any other ideas?
    what did app catalog say about the error?
  10. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d0llarm3nu View Post
    Which one is better. Asphalt has multiplayer and need for speed has a better story mode
    I got Asphalt, I guess I'm too old to care about the story mode, I just wanna play dammit!
    I also got Asphalt 5 due to the price difference and I have to say I really like it. Be warned though it takes "forever" to download, but once I had it downloaded it played fine with no crashes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    so is the gpu being used or not ? with all this crashing going on it makes me wonder??
    I've only crashed once and I've been playing NFSU a lot. Looks like a playstation game! I've never installed any patches, homebrews on my phone. I wonder if maybe those who are crashing have done so? Don't know. Also downloaded golf and it's really cool too.
    Wow!
    I'm really impressed. Seeing these other phones launch I was started to look at my pre like a red-headed stepchild but now it's back on top with me. Be awesome when Flash comes and I hope it won't only be the pre plus that gets video!
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    what did app catalog say about the error?
    it said install failed and phone has to make some system changes. I finally got it though by partially erasing and because this app was in the my apps tab in the catalog during the restoration of the apps, NFSU was restored and installed correctly.
    will either of them give a demo version? (one car, one track)
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    The only thing I can say is NFS makes me dizzy when you tilt the screen vs. Asphalt tilts the screen with you. I like that feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    I got Asphalt, I guess I'm too old to care about the story mode, I just wanna play dammit!
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    I also got Asphalt 5 due to the price difference and I have to say I really like it. Be warned though it takes "forever" to download, but once I had it downloaded it played fine with no crashes.
    These have me leaning toward A5. Can anyone comment on car and map options?
    I went with Asphalt 5. Wow! Finally some worthy games! Runs nice and smooth for me.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    i bought asphalt 5, I made a video of it here:

I will be doing a full review soon, and I will post it when I am done.

some quick points right now:

fun career mode, with many racing styles (standard race, last man standing, avoid the cops, be a cop, etc...)
    lots of car options, with many upgrades (engine, tuning, suspension, nitro, etc..)
    pretty easy to make a ton of cash, so buying things isn't all that hard, but finishing the races can be difficult.

overall it's fun, it just crashes every so often... I cannot do a single race with the motorcycle. it crashes every time with that.
    NFS I haven't crashed the phone at all. I have lots of patches.

To kilkennym27, can you load other apps?, kinda of an issue after 1.3.5.1, if not try Migration helper tool in Preware, it fixed installing apps from the app catalog for me.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I got Asphalt 5 and I'm having the crashing problem too. It's not too bad yet, but we'll see what happens the more I play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    will either of them give a demo version? (one car, one track)
    Why don't you just to the website and take a look there for a demo?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast