Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Someone who purchased this please post your opinion and rating (1 - 10).
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I give it an 8 or 9. I was never a big fan of Sims on the PC, but on the pre its a bit simpler and easy to just start up and play when you have the spare time. smooth gameplay, but it annoyed me to see a load screen every time you go from City to home. (even though it was relatively fast)

Also, after i downloaded it, i had to reboot my pre, due to a "too many cards" error. I hope that gets fixed with the next webOS update
  3.    #3  
    Cool, seems to be spot on with the IPhone version.
    Last edited by MOE-GUNZ; 01/07/2010 at 05:03 PM.
    It works great. Graphics are good and pre handles the game perfect. Im not a big fan of the sims though the game is kinda boring but i had to try it. I dont know why people are all getting the too many cards error. Maybe it has something to do with preware. I've never gotten this error and dont have preware.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    its a good game and totally does what it is suppose to.... waste time lol. however the game freezes after you build up your house the first time and closes the app. needs to be fixed!! :-(
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    I haven't experienced any problems, not even the one Orizzle commented on.

It runs great and has very minor loads here and there. Changing clothes causes a slight pause but that usually just happens with taking a Shower.

To progress to a new area (Either a neighbor or the park) consists of one load screen to go to the town view and one to get load the area. Each load screen is between 2 and 10 seconds, usually closer to 4 or so. From any area there is a link to progress home right away which can save you time. The shops and work are rabbit holes, and time progresses instantly for work and sleep.

It's very entertaining overall the goals go from the normal Sims 3-ish ones to some new ridiculous and hilarious ones. And there is "Something Special" which happens when you achieve all the goals in the game, which would require multiple play-throughs with different personalities.

Some minor problems would be rotating and panning the camera. To do so you hold down with one finger and drag with another. It seams like it would work ok but once you lift the second finger it'll stop recognizing the first and you instead move the camera if you try to drag again. Also instead of a pinch to zoom you have to drag a bar on the right, which isn't really that bad but it makes the camera a little more bulky.

Overall I think one update and it'll be amazing (if they release an update), just don't forget to restart after you install it. 10/10 for sure. And it's deffinatly worth the 10 bucks if you like the Sims games at all (I am a big fan of the Sims series though...)
    Quote Originally Posted by orizzle View Post
    its a good game and totally does what it is suppose to.... waste time lol. however the game freezes after you build up your house the first time and closes the app. needs to be fixed!! :-(
    I'm having the exact same problem. 9 or 10 for gameplay, graphics, fun, and ability to waste an entire day. 3 for sustainability, as it ceases working after you get started.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I have been told that the game will crash if you upgrade your house, and then you try to go to the city. I have also heard the game will crash if you try to go to the city before harvesting anything in your garden.

I haven't bought it myself due to these common complaints. I'm seeing them on the reviews for Sims 3 in the Official Pre App Catalog. Can anyone on Precentral confirm this or any workaround? Have any patches/updates been deployed for this title yet?
    Last edited by Kujila; 01/08/2010 at 09:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    It's somewhat stable on mine.
    Just don't answer calls and do some other thing while playing.
    Try playing the game and save it before you go to a notification or anything.

I'll post a review later on.
    Gameplay is slick. Very nice, hardly any lag (I don't feel a thing).
    Camera: Doing the multitouch thing is difficult, so I just found a "sweet spot" and I left it there. Bird's eye view is great and I don't touch it now.

Umm, I have yet to actually do more than just fish/go to work... once I do, I'll add more.
    Great game. I play it when I have those 10 minutes waiting for someone/something.
    no crashes here...have gotten the too many cards error, but a java restart with luna manager seems to clear it up without a reboot.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    I read in the patches sub forum that native apps are running at 600mhz by themselves and might be causing the crashes!? Or at least my crashes..... shouldn't have planted those damn carrots in the back yard!!! GF stole my pre so can't really play around with the app anymore till later.

Update: So i got pass that glitch that wouldn't let me go to town. Just don't plant anything after you upgrade the house. and if you do make sure you uproot or harvest the plants and you should be able to leave. The app shouldn't crash after this.
    Last edited by orizzle; 01/09/2010 at 12:59 AM. Reason: update
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Every time I go to start the Sims after I've quit the game it gives me the "Too Many Cards" error, and I have to restart my phone to load it up.

Also, I cannot figure out a way to build a garden or upgrade my house. Is there a player's guide or instruction page I'm missing somewhere?

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Got it tonight, my first of the new 3D games and only my second "pay for" app. Love it so far. I used to play the Sims a bunch "back in the day" but haven't for a while. Wanted to try Sims 3 but my three year old laptop isn't up to par for it, though we do have it for my wife and daughter on another computer. My Pre seems to be up for it though. Great job by EA on this game, and I am not a big fan of EA overall. Much more detail then I expected for a mobile version of this game. I will play this a bunch, worth every penny.

I give it a 9/10 for a mobile game, though my experience with them is limited so have some salt with that 9/10 I guess. Also, I didn't play it right away. After installing I restarted the phone. I then gave the phone over to my 10 year old daughter who started a game and played for about two hours. She says she likes it more then Sims 3 on the PC, and she loves playing Sims games.

edit: BTW, no problems with the game so far, but I have not gotten that far into it. I did close it, open it back up to start my game after my daughter's with no problem. I even opened up another card to see what it did and it was fine. So far so good.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I have been debating on getting this for a while, keep the reviews coming!

Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    It works great. Graphics are good and pre handles the game perfect. Im not a big fan of the sims though the game is kinda boring but i had to try it. I dont know why people are all getting the too many cards error. Maybe it has something to do with preware. I've never gotten this error and dont have preware.
    Please don't blame problems like the too many cards on things you don't know about. It is a problem with a lot of phones regardless of preware being installed, and a problem that I have had since day one. Has nothing to do with preware.
    Using the app Luna Manager to just restart Luna works for me when I cant load Sims 3 because of too many cards and hits faster than a full restart.
    I planting carrots and harvesting some other vegetables in the garden, I was crashing whenever trying to go to work or to town. However, uprooting my garden allowed me to continue the game without further crashes so far.
    Last edited by odontastic; 01/10/2010 at 04:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    This game is great until it crashes (after upgrading house )

-m
    I just unpgraded to the third house and have had no problems whatsoever. I have made sure I have no plants which need harvesting and have also married a sim. I can continue to go to work and the city and have the last promotion.

with all this I haven't expierenced a crash since the harvestable plant ones.
    a cool trick for moving the camera is just leave one finger stationary on the screen and move the other finger. works well. Hope i explained that right ;(

as in, instead of bringing your 2 fingers together or rotating, leave 1 finger still and bring your other closer.

fun game though, give it an 8
    I came rushing here excited that i found a fix/work around for the crashing when entering a load screen but no you guys got it. Just uproot your plants and your good. Apparently its the plants that are causing the the game to crash. I have my house fully upgraded (i think) never froze until i planted the seeds. Speaking of seeds can you have kids in this game?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast