Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    This is an app I've been waiting for. It's awesome. Easy to control, very good graphics. You can choose characters...choose clubs...play the wind...has putting breaks. Just a class app.
    Is it worth the 6 bucks? I want a golf game but I'm sure EA will be bringing out Tiger Woods soon. What would you give it out of 10?
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    My whole scale is blown out the window today. Relative to other games, it's a 15. Relative to the 3D games, I would say an 8 1/2. Only knocks would be no pro players (like Tiger), and 4 courses that are not real. That said, I see this as well worth the money and something I will be playing often. It was very zippy on my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by gigaorg View Post
    This is an app I've been waiting for. It's awesome. Easy to control, very good graphics. You can choose characters...choose clubs...play the wind...has putting breaks. Just a class app.
    Strangely, this and Oregon Trail are the two games that I'm most interested in.

How do the controls work with a touchscreen? I'm a huge fan of the Hot Shots series on the Playstation--if this is similar, it'll likely be a must-buy unless there's some fatal flaw.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    It is very easy. You touch left or right of the golfer to shift. There is a click spot that you tap once to begin the swing. Again to set the power, and again to end the swing (if you get it in between a green zone, the shot is better). You can also apply spin in the air. Easy, intutive, and fun. Just what I was looking for. It does not have some of the acrade like add ons like hitting through hoops and power balls. But for a mobile phone app...it rocks.
    Is there a mode to play against a AI PRE opponent or is this a solo game. I hate golf games where I am just playing a round by my self.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    you can play single or tournament. You don't get to see them swing. There is also things to unlock...that I assume you get after winning certain games
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    How the loading?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by gigaorg View Post
    you can play single or tournament. You don't get to see them swing. There is also things to unlock...that I assume you get after winning certain games
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianHal View Post
    How the loading?
    slow on initial...fast once loaded
    so no 2 player even if you are handing the pre off?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    i'm also wondering if theres any multiplayer. It would be nice to be able to pass back and forth while waiting with someone.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    It's worth the $6 it would be nicer if its cheaper.

There's no multiplayer, if there is then i couldn't find it.

I wished they make selection to be able to confirm by double tapping instead of select then tap check to continue.

Wish the sound/music is off when in vibrate mode.

Other then that its a great game.
    If you search "Let's Golf iPhone" on YouTube there's plenty of gameplay to watch. I'm pretty sure palm's version is the same thing or very close.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Love the game. Completely worth the money.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I picked this up last night and played for a little while.

Given the lack of other higher quality games, this is an excellent start. While priced a bit high, given how much I enjoy golf, I think it'll be worthwhile over the long haul.

Others have already said anything else I really have to add. I only spent about 20-30 minutes playing so cannot offer an in depth review yet.
    If you go to a Best Buy or something, usually they have that game on the ipod touch demo if you want to play it. If you like Hot Shots, you'll probably like this game.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    This game takes a little getting used to, as does any new Tiger Woods golf game. At first, putting drove me crazy; trying to judge breaks and slope was a guessing game. But after a few rounds I'm shooting double digits under par. The game does get more challenging when you unlock the normal and hard modes for each course. Which consists of teeing off from a farther tee box and wind is a bigger factor. This is a good solid game. Mulitplayer in the future is a must, as well as different shot types ie: pitch, chip, flop. I give it a 9 out of 10.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    So, having spent some time playing this game, the one thing I cannot figure out is how to unlock the other 2 courses as well as the more advanced levels for each of the courses. I'm getting a bit bored playing the easy level of the first 2 courses!!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    You need to place first in each of the 4 games (9F, 9B, 18H, 9Shuffle). This will release the new courses (USA and Scotland) as well as clothes and balls.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast