Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ticktock View Post
    Downloading this app caused my phone to crash. I can't even turn it on again after recharging. Not sure what to do now.
    Try pop out battery, worked for me a month ago when I had that problem.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    can anyone race with the motorcycle? it crashes for me every single time I try to use the motorcycle.

in case anyone wants to see, here is a quick gameplay video that I made after having the app installed for only a few minutes.

yeah, crashes when using bike
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    crashes when using the bike here too, also the Q7. Haven't used all the cars up to this point so maybe more. Good game, works well, but seems like a sloppy scaled down port, especially since they apparently copy/pasted the description from itunes. And most unacceptably the link for support they provide in the catalog is a dead end.
    This app is really making my palm pre unhappy. Even when I get it to work again, it doesn't take long for it to freeze and return to the standby page that says "Palm". Then, I have to reset again by toggling the vibrate button or ejecting the battery.

I guess I have to use WebOS Doctor?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by natsteff View Post
    Well the app catalog description says it, but I have not found a way to do it in the actual game yet.
    I think whoever on their staff submitted it to the Palm App store cut and pasted the description from the iPhone version. I'm hoping they add multiplayer to the webos version with an update in the near future.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Crashes on me too after level 9. (that's when you get the bike) though it doesn't matter what I am using to race. I can do a single race but I can't keep going in career mode.

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sotoman7 View Post
    Crashes on me too after level 9. (that's when you get the bike) though it doesn't matter what I am using to race. I can do a single race but I can't keep going in career mode.

from what I can gather, it's certain cars that are causing the problem, such as the first motorcycle. any race that has this motorcycle, will also cause the game to crash. I have just started avoiding those levels, which makes it impossible to beat the game, but unless they push an update, it's all I can do.

If I Have time, i will make a full list of which tracks are un-raceable.
    Im running my pre vanilla right now and I till get those crashes. Load the app again afterwards works fine. If a close the app out and late open again and will crash out. Its like the OS forgets that it needs to allocate resources and does it after the fact.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    So can you listen to your own music while playing this game like it says in the description??
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I really enjoy the game, except for the crashes. I don't have any patches and it crashes at random times. Rebooting seems to be the only cure. It's going to be a bit tiresome after awhile.
    One thing I noticed. After you select your course and its done loading. RIGHT before they show the intro video...you tap the screen once. then the intro starts...i see more crashes if i let the video play a little. so tapping a 2nd time is better.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Has anyone beaten any of the Elimination rounds? I think its the HARDEST. just can't keep up with the cars when focusing on trying to crash them.
    ***I Twitter***

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Has anyone beaten any of the Elimination rounds? I think its the HARDEST. just can't keep up with the cars when focusing on trying to crash them.
    eliminate the car in last place, slow way down and let him catch up, and eliminate him again.. repeat as necessary

btw, i've started logging my crashes, and it's getting ridiculous. I uninstalled the game, and did a re-install, and I think it's worse now. Once I do a few more, I will post my results.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I just installed the update (1.0.9) and I haven't had any issues as of yet. Bought the motorcycle and no crashes yet.Took about 25 min for download. Keeping fingers crossed as I'm about to play for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano7024 View Post
    I just installed the update (1.0.9) and I haven't had any issues as of yet. Bought the motorcycle and no crashes yet.Took about 25 min for download. Keeping fingers crossed as I'm about to play for a while.
    Oh wow! Thanks for the heads up!
    ***I Twitter***

I think the problem might have been related to any other motorcycles that joined on a race, as i think the bikes were the root of the problem all together. I'm happy its working for me now, so far its flawless great game, i no longer dread starting it cuz of those crashes.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indecom View Post
    I think the problem might have been related to any other motorcycles that joined on a race, as i think the bikes were the root of the problem all together. I'm happy its working for me now, so far its flawless great game, i no longer dread starting it cuz of those crashes.
    I drew the same conclusion as well. and so far, so good. before, I couldn't start the saint tropez cop chase with the audi q7, but after the update it works fine. and guess what, there were two motorcycles racing next to me.

I'm really happy gameloft fixed this, and rather quickly too, however it would have been nicer had this not happened in the first place. I wonder if this means none of their testers played the game long enough to make it to the motorcycle, haha.
    You know, i like gameloft, they should work on getting N.O.V.A. and Dungeon Hunters ported to the pre now! lol
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Hey I downloaded the update and it has stopped crashing.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast