Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Is there a date when web os will have a document editor? Taking forever
    coming back from android I can't believe there isn't an office app yet. What the heck has been going on for six months? Nobody cares about being productive as long as they can sit on the sh*tter and play 3D games?

I figured an office program would have been a no brainer by now.
    i dont see you developing it now do i
    think my 6yr old niece has better comebacks than that. Palm has had a long relationship with Dataviz. And document editing is key for many 'smartphone' users. I'd imagine with your username you're fat and happy with your iphonesque 3D games. For those that actually like to be productive with their phones first and play second, I'd prefer useful productive apps over a better gaming experience.

the fact the OS has been out for 6 months, has taken huge leaps
    backwards as a smartphone when it comes to PIM functionality, you'd think
    Palm could prod Dataviz a bit to get
    DTG out.

And you wouldn't want me developing it. You'd actually want it to work properly. But I'm more than willing to plunk down $25 to the person/company that gets a good office program out first. I'm sure many feel the same way too.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    the fact the OS has been out for 6 months, has taken huge leaps backwards as a smartphone when it comes to PIM functionality, you'd think
    Palm could prod Dataviz a bit to get DTG out.
    Shhhh.... not so loud, you'll wake up grandpa parson and this whole thread will go down the crapper. Seen it happen many times. But yeah I agree, lack of a document editor is lame. As to PIM functionality, the calender did improve last update with day to day swipe lag, but overall I still rate the cal function very low. Whether by design or neglect, the calendar. is. still. slow. Hope new updates make a difference here. That's truly is one cool thing about WebOs, ota updates spring eternal hope for what bugs ya. I post here so developers and Palm too can see the gaps that need fill on the os.

DISCLAIMER

IF READING CRITICAL POSTS ABOUT PALM AND/OR WEBOS WHICH ARE, BY ANY MEASURE, LESS THAN LAUDATORY THUS CONSTITUTING AN OFFENSE TO THE READER AKIN TO AN INSULT TO HIS WIFE OR MOTHER, PLEASE PUT EEKINSMAN ON IGNORE AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES OR LEGAL THEORY SHALL EEKINSMAN, HIS FAMILY, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSEES, OR ASSIGNS, EITHER JOINTLY OR SEVERALY, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR OTHER LOSS OF ANY KIND, RELATING TO YOUR FRAGILE, UNUSUAL, UNHEALTHY AND ODD PREDILECTION TO PROTECT PALM AND/OR WEBOS FROM NEGATIVE POSTS.

TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY PRECENTRAL, THE WORDS AND CONTENT OF THIS POST, INCLUDING THOSE IN THIS DISCLAIMER, ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A RANT AGAINST PALM AND/OR WEBOS AND DO NOT REFLECT THE POSTER’S HATRED FOR PALM.

THE POSTER HEREBY DISCLAIMS AND DISAVOWS AND DOES NOT ENDORSE OR SPONSOR OR AGREE WITH SENSELESS THREADS AND POSTS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, “‘I’M LEAVING FOR THE DROID’ ‘PALM SUCKS’ APPLE RULES’ THE PRE IS THE WORST PHONE EVER’ AND ALL OTHER OF SIMILAR ILK WHICH BY THEIR NATURE TREAT THE PALM PRE AS ANYTHING BUT PRECIOUS.
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
    haven't had to deal with Parsons since I ditched the Pre for android; though I think I'm back with the Pixi for a bit.

I'm cool with some lag. That tends to lessen as the OS matures as can be seen with android as well as webOS updates. It's the watered down functionality as they conform to google that annoys the hell out of me to the point I have such limited options for appt reminders. Can I at least link contacts with appts and schedule appts direct from the contact entry? A little history with contacts then would be great. And the fact the left functionality in but aren't using it is extremely annoying. Can you say categories? We know it's there. Now give it to us already since it should've been there since day one.

man, and I thought I was over my 'PalmOs is better than webOS because' rants when I ditched the Pre. Now I'm sucked back in. Grrrrr.....
    Anybody got any more information on the actual program. Wesite still says early 2010 and email notification sign up is there. But dos anybody have contact with a second cousin's uncle twice removed who can shed some light and hope on this issue. I can't jump to WebOS until I get this capability.

Skigs
    Yeah, waiting as well. Technically it's still early 2010, but getting close to later in 2010...
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    I agree, can't wait for DXTG on WebOS, and quite diappointed, since, after all, Jon Rubenstein did stand in front of a big display that had Dataviz on it over a year ago! I kind of took that as an implicit promise that Dataviz would be on board with this cool new thing he was announcing. Oh well, wonder what happened?

Nevertheless, I'm getting along pretty well with DXTG on Classic.
    Is it possible that they first develop the basic DTG viewer app and was waiting for the PDK for the full version?