Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    your opinion plus a 1-10 rating on whatever new 3d game you choose.
    I wonder if these are identical to the iphone apps? I checked the reviews on youtube for them and asphalt,need for speed, let's golf and x-plane seem really cool. Damn, I want them all.
    me too.. but guess what... Im in europe :-(
    ASPHALT 5: 9/10

Given that it's about 2/3 the price of NFS it's pretty good. The first game of it's type I've tried on the Pre, but impressive. Could have been 10/10, but I have a feeling that needs to be reserved for NFS which I plan to try out in a few days. My full Asphalt 5 review - http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ft-review.html
    Hmm, perhaps this shouldn't be surprising since there's a lot of processor action and screen updates, but it seems these games really eat up the battery faster. Has anybody else seen this or had it confirmed? I would hope the upcoming OS update in Feb will help with it if this is indeed a side effect.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees2323 View Post
    I wonder if these are identical to the iphone apps? I checked the reviews on youtube for them and asphalt,need for speed, let's golf and x-plane seem really cool. Damn, I want them all.
    Are these apps the same price as the ones on the iphone?
    Quote Originally Posted by susank2 View Post
    Are these apps the same price as the ones on the iphone?
    no. not if i recall correctly. I believe need for speed is $6.99 for the iphone. i can't remember what else i noticed. but i think tetris was a few bucks cheaper on iphone too.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by natsteff View Post
    Hmm, perhaps this shouldn't be surprising since there's a lot of processor action and screen updates, but it seems these games really eat up the battery faster. Has anybody else seen this or had it confirmed? I would hope the upcoming OS update in Feb will help with it if this is indeed a side effect.
    I purchased Asphalt 5 and I ran battery monitor while playing it. I ended up with about 30% drain per hour. I always wanted to do that same test on my iPod touch but the whole only running one app at a time kind of killed that idea. If you are going to play games alot, an extended battery or a spare or two would be a wise purchase. Once again this isn't an option on the iPh-- nevermind, you already know where I am going with that
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Monopoly is probably a 9 if you're a Monopoly fan. If you aren't then probably a 6 or 7.

The 3D animations are crisp, and sharp. I didn't notice any real lag or slow downs while running the game. Although my battery looked like a waterfall running out of water. It's essential to have a spare battery or be plugged into power.

Some of the sounds get annoying after the first 3 hours, but there is a master volume level you can adjust.

The AI is adjustable between 3 levels. I play it at the highest AI (3) and it's hard to make deals for properties. Sadly it's almost like playing with my wife who will never trade me anything.

There is a multiplayer option. I think it's the handoff multiplayer but I haven't gotten anyone in my family to play with me. It would be nice to be able to hit a server and play against people but I'm not sure that the architecture is there yet for that.

It's worth the price if you like Monopoly. And if you're reticent Preopoly in the homebrew is an excellent alternative that functions very well.
    I picked up Need for Speed and X-Plane. Both are great fun.
    NFS plays out like a mini movie, where you need to go through a story line- complete with cut away video clips!! Graphics are top notch!

X-Plane is just simple fun and it really handles well. There are many different options, from planes to locations and weather conditions to weight adjustment of the plane!

The only draw back of course is the battery! Even plugged into my computer, I'm losing more juice than I can charge. And this is with about 15 minutes of play.
    The idea of having to purchase extra batteries and carry them around is pretty lame!

Both of these games are great to play- you just have to know they will kill your battery!!!
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    For those who have Assassin's creed and Brothers in Arms which do you think is better? I don't have any games I don't really have money to spend yet.. o.o
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucki View Post
    For those who have Assassin's creed and Brothers in Arms which do you think is better? I don't have any games I don't really have money to spend yet.. o.o
    I've played both and the controls are awkward on BOTH, but are happily reccomended due to the customizable options given and the fact that most players get used to the controls within time.

If you like shooters, go for brothers in arms. If you like depth 2-D platforming, go for Assasin's creed.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    ^ Thanks hopefully one day they lower the price then lol
    Anyone Gangstar? I want to try it.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    Anyone Gangstar? I want to try it.
    looks badass homie i'd like to hear somethin about it too
    if you're a fan of GTA then you'll enjoy Gangstar. The world is open and fairly expansive. I hopped in a car and drove places I fully expected to be closed off, and there are little details like being able to change the radio station while driving that impressed me. The controls are some of the easiest yet, though still require some getting used to. I'd give it a solid 9/10 worth the money easily.
    Last edited by xome1983; 02/07/2010 at 05:38 AM.
    gangstar is a solid 9/10, Brain chalenger (not sure if you count it as a 3D :-) but its from the "new ones" is a solid 10/10, nfs 7/10, Asphalt 5 7/10, xplane series (all of them) 8/10
    i can't wait for nova
    Quote Originally Posted by louis6279 View Post
    i can't wait for nova
    Me neither!!!
    SCK Manager
    I've been waiting for a month, have u heard anything?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast