Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Restarted - got it. Here's my review: Wow. Simply Wow.
    So is this just a bunch of set races with defined tracks with a few shortcuts or do you have more of an open environment like the 360 version?
    Bought it-- first app I've bought, and I love it. I can't wait until March when everyone gets the PDK. We'll get some REALLY good games then.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Playing this now, I'm very impressed.
    Really nice, and not as bad on the battery as I expected.

Maybe my hands being freezing cold has something to do with it, but the phone also did NOT get hot, even my ipod touch gets hot doing things like games.
    I'm having issues getting it to launch, just a black screen and then the card tosses itself away.

Anyone else see this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm having issues getting it to launch, just a black screen and then the card tosses itself away.

Anyone else see this?
    No issues with launching, but after I close the game the touchscreen is off. Had to reboot to get it back to normal. Great game, but a little buggy. Only 1 crash (froze and had to pull the battery) during the tutorial.
    This game has crashed on the first race for me, repeatedly and I want a refund. I've restarted my phone, deleted my profile and started over and even uninstalled and reinstalled the game - same result.
    damn $10? o well im taking the plunge...
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    No issues with launching, but after I close the game the touchscreen is off. Had to reboot to get it back to normal. Great game, but a little buggy. Only 1 crash (froze and had to pull the battery) during the tutorial.
    Redownloading, so we'll see.
    so this is what palm had, thats why they were quiet this whole time i dont know why some of you guys got problems mine works pretty good, anyone have my tether on their phones maybe? anyways im content for now and looking forward to February.
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    no issues like that here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    Really nice, and not as bad on the battery as I expected.

Maybe my hands being freezing cold has something to do with it, but the phone also did NOT get hot, even my ipod touch gets hot doing things like games.
    I'm pretty sure it's because of the nice graphics chip inside, the CPU was what usually provides the heat. (Maybe the EVDO chip adds to the heat as well)
    Can anyone play music and play this game at the same time. I tired and my music keep stopping but I'm getting tired of the in game music.
    --Marvin
    It's working for me now after reinstalling. Sensitivity seems just a little too much for me, but other than that it's pretty nice.

Edit: oh... don't hold the Pre parallel to the floor apparently. It works much better if held at an angle closer to vertical.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 01/07/2010 at 06:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    no issues like that here...
    Only saw it happen once.
    It doesn't launch for me...the icon stays highlighted for a few seconds then nothing. Rebooting the phone didn't help. My Pre isn't modded so I doubt I'll be the only one. If somebody has a fix please post here.
    great game graphics are amazing, gameplay is awesome very easy 2 play, story is decent, 10/10
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    The game is really good. Smooth controls, nice graphics, and fun gameplay. The only issue I've had so far is after I won my first match the game locked up. I tried hitting the "next" button and it just sat there. I minimized the card and everything was locked up. About a minute passed and finally everything woke up again.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Don't get me wrong, this game is pretty solid. The graphics aren't bad, it plays smoothly, and compared to what we had before today - night and day difference.

That said:
    1) The game clearly isn't anything beyond a limited iPhone port. The back-gesture and keyboard do nothing, even though they'd be great for the menus, and possibly even parts of the game. As far as I can tell, there's no way to play your own music in the background, though that might be more of a performance issue.
    2) The menus suck. The icons are _somewhat_ intuitive, but it still wouldn't hurt to have labels, would it?
    3) The lady's mouth moves in the text intros to things( not the cinematic portions ) but there's no voice. What's up with that?
    4) A phone isn't the ideal medium for a racing game. It's not terrible, but without the option of controlling speed, shifting, etc, it's really just a watered down racing game. Fun, but not breathtaking.

I'm still going to enjoy this game, I don't regret spending $10 on it in the slightest. But on my absolute game scale of greatness it gets a 6.5/10.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast