Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Wow, this just showed up in the app catalog, but it looks AMAZING!. I'm not usually a flight sim person, but this may be an exception. At $10 I'm not going to take a chance on a game style that I usually don't like, but if somebody does please post up!!!
    I decided it was worth it, even if the game isn't a blast, I'll be able to show my pilot friends something they'll think is cool - and I'm all for supporting this type of thing on the Pre.

But, my download has been sitting for about 10 minutes, and it looks like it's only about 20% complete. I'm guessing that the App store is getting hammered at the moment.

Are other people having the same problem downloading the just-released 3D games?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    If it's anything like the iPhone version - it should be quite impressive
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    If it's anything like the iPhone version - it should be quite impressive
    and large so I wouldn't expect it to download very fast. Our little 8 gb Pres are going to fill up fast.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by atourgates View Post
    Are other people having the same problem downloading the just-released 3D games?

Yeah, I'm downloading the Asphalt 5 game and it's taken over 15 min so far. I'm sure they are huge games, but more likely the cause of the big delay is that everybody is hitting the store at once.
    I think the iPhone version is 7MB - I can't imagine the Pre version is much bigger.

Anyway, installing right now. Which, also seems to be taking a bit of time.
    Got it downloaded but I have been sitting at the "Installing..." screen for a while now.

Hmmmm......

Edit: Just got it installed, Plays great!! Just like the iPhone version. Also noticed in the setting menu there is an option for mutli-player. Not sure if this is a carry over from the iPhone version or an actual working feature for the Palm.
    Last edited by Butters3605; 01/07/2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: New Info
    Quote Originally Posted by atourgates View Post
    I think the iPhone version is 7MB - I can't imagine the Pre version is much bigger.

Anyway, installing right now. Which, also seems to be taking a bit of time.
    it is 210MB on the Pre, I highly doubt 7Mb for the latest version on iphone.

Mine is installing....
    Ok - just played for a few minutes - and here's my mini-review:

If you enjoy flight sims, and think you might enjoy playing one on your phone - this one will do the trick. I've been annoyed with the iPhone car games I've played, because tilting my phone to control a car seems sort of strange - but it seemed to work much better controlling a plane.

Framerates are smooth - graphics look just like videos from the iPhone version. I think I'd get bored pretty quickly, but I'd also get bored pretty quickly flying a flight-sim on my desktop computer.

For what it is, a great little game. If you're not into flight sim's generally, don't bother.

it is 210MB on the Pre, I highly doubt 7Mb for the latest version on iphone.
    I got that 7MB number from this review, that says:
    "The iPhone install, on the other hand, weighs in at just 7MB. "
    Last edited by atourgates; 01/07/2010 at 03:20 PM.
    I can't launch xplane now, it is finally installed, too many cards iwth none open, but I doo have app catalog doing a lot of updates.

Probably the problem, if not got to restart....
    ok all worked after the updates done.

I tried to take some screenshots and ended in a flaming pile of metal due to it. The screenshots end up being black with no pic at all.
    It is fun, some of the views are very hard to get use to!
    only way to take a screenshot is seems is cardview.

can you fly to real places? Or is it like a place that doesn't exist type deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    can you fly to real places? Or is it like a place that doesn't exist type deal?
    You can fly to real places terrain, but not city scapes and landmarks.

it has Innsbruck, austria, Hawaii, Boswell Bay Alaska, SoCal, San Fran, and Desert sky CA
    wait...so it's 7m on the iphone and 210m on the pre? why??
    I guess from a 'technical' standpoint it does not have buildings, but it has a zoomed out google earth type look to it, so you can indeed see where houses should be, and on a desktop version would be much more textured

sorry bout having to do them in card view, it is only way I can seem to get them
    Is the controls all from the touchscreen or do you have to use the keyboard?
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    Is the controls all from the touchscreen or do you have to use the keyboard?
    thankfully touchscreen! those keyboard things...
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    you are awesome.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast