Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been a pre user since day one and used PreWare since it became available. It is very awesome what the Homebrew community is doing!

I am familiar with installing homebrew apps, patches, etc.

I updated to 1.3.5 (not 1.3.5.1 yet) on boty mine and my fiance's Pres.

I installed Quake, Doom and Tetris on both of our Pres.

However, they all play fine on her Pre but not mine. We both have the latest version of preware and package manager service.

We both have My Tether and the camera/video patch is turned off. Of note her my tether has not been updated since 1.3.5 (mine has) but I do not see how this would be an issue as the patch affecting video is off.

When I click on my doom icon it says starting doom at the bottom of the screen for a half a second. I wait and wait... It never starts.

Does anyone know what may be causing this? Has anyone found a single patch that may be conflicting? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    I am having the same problem as Erasef301. I've tried restarting, uninstalling all the apps that depend on upstart, including upstart, and then reinstalling all of them. Still nothing. Doom and Quake worked fine until I loaded Precorder (I am not implying that this had anything to do with it), so I deleted/uninstalled Precorder and GStream Svc then rebooted .. reinstalled the games again and still nothing. Hmmm...

I also have 1.3.5, tether & camera patch is off.

Any help would be great.
    MyTether does break things for some reason.
    I would of attributed to MyTether if Doom and Quake never worked, but I had several hours on both of them. Come to think of it .. I installed Precorder then SuperTux (just prior to loading precorder I was busy doing horribly at Quake) pretty much back to back. It took me a minute to get Precorder running and then I wanted to try SuperTux. It never worked. Just as erasef301 put it "When I click on my doom icon it says starting doom at the bottom of the screen for a half a second. I wait and wait... It never starts." Although, mine has started previously .. it no longer starts, along with Quake, SuperTux.

I'm at a loss. I have not reinstalled Precorder and it's services .. hoping to get some of the gaming back.
  5.    #5  
    let's clarify this My Tether Breaking these games. Who is running my tether successfully and also able to play games such as doom, quake or supertux?

Remember, as I mentioned, my fiance is running all of these games just fine and has My Tether installed. Although she has NOT updated her my tether since the 1.3.5 update.

Is there another application necessary I need to install to get these games working. I'm sure the answer is No as I do all the installing on my fiance's pre and did no extra installing on her's vs mine.

Perhaps there is a specific patch that is not compatible?

Any other ideas?
    i had my own thread going for this but ill post my info here as well, im having the same issue with the new games and i dont have mytether installed .. all games stopped working right after i updated to 1.3.5.1 ... i updated to 1.3.5.1 after webdoctoring my phone so everything was installed from scratch ... i get the same thing ... notification areas says its loading for half a second then nothing happens ... i had quake and doom running fine before 1.3.5.1 .. seems to be mytether doesnt have anything to do with it
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I have mytether and doom works for me.
    Im going for another webosdoctor and update .... ill let you know how it goes
    Let us know how it goes mobilenewman. Thx.

I would really like to know the hang-up without having to WebDoc. I've done webdoc 2 times (first just to familiarize myself)... and the second time was because I let the update go without removing all my patches (not sure what I was thinking).
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    same issues here, also have patches and mytether. no new games (quake, NFSU) will launch. someone please help.
    - update:
    I've tried (amongst several restarts), emergency patch recovery tool (just hangs on me), reinstalling the gaming apps and dependencies after uninstalling them. Deleting MyTether (rebooting and reinstalling the games).. still nothing. Starting to look like I need to visit the Doc (*paging Doctor WebOS .. paging Doctor WebOS).

Has there been any progress out there for anybody else experiencing these same issues (I am sure there would of been some sort of post, but I havn't found it)?

Thx.
    webosdoctor the second time worked .... i uninstalled all my apps and patches ... ran the backup app to they didnt restore after I webosdoctored ... (you wont have to pay again for any apps you paid for it just lets you download them again) ... i installed the package manager service and rebooted .. then i installed preware ... installed doom and super tux and they both run ... viola! what a pain in the *** ... now i have to install my theme and all my patches again ... ill let you all know if my theme and patches break it again ... cant wait till feb for the next big update to go through all this again ... i hope they figure out how to let us run the updates without doing all this stuff .. good luck everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilenewman View Post
    webosdoctor the second time worked .... i uninstalled all my apps and patches ... ran the backup app to they didnt restore after I webosdoctored ... (you wont have to pay again for any apps you paid for it just lets you download them again) ... i installed the package manager service and rebooted .. then i installed preware ... installed doom and super tux and they both run ... viola! what a pain in the *** ... now i have to install my theme and all my patches again ... ill let you all know if my theme and patches break it again ... cant wait till feb for the next big update to go through all this again ... i hope they figure out how to let us run the updates without doing all this stuff .. good luck everyone
    Keep track of which you install (if they impact the launching of the games), we all may benefit. I havn't webdoc'd yet, but will if there is no other resolve.
    After trying many different things, a Webos Doctor session finally did the trick. Doom, Quake and TetriCrisis now work great.
    It seems like MyTether's wifi patch was to blame.
    Where can I find Quake??
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    No need to Doctor, this is the solution: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2137251
  17.    #17  
    I played with my Fiance's Pre last night. She had NO patches installed so I did a test. I installed the SAME patches that I have on my pre (about 25). Then I tried running Tux and the new Tetris. They both ran FINE! Therefore I am safely assuming with good reason it is NOT the patches that is causing this (or at least not the ones I have installed). Neither of us is over clocking by the way.

Also, here is a NEW discovery. I downloaded the new 3D golf game from the app catelog. It looks really cool. However, IT WILL NOT PLAY EITHER. I tap the icon, the icon turns a light color indicating I tapped it, but it never opens. I heard from someone reading in the review of the game that his My Tether is affecting ALL 3D games. It very well may be My Tether. I might first try uninstalling my tether and see how that goes, but if all else fails, will try webos dr as Smizmiatch did.

Can anyone offer any good advice for using webos dr? I've never used it. Is it as simple as plugging pre into USB mode (or is it just charge?) and clicking on the webos dr icon after installing it? WILL IT ERASE MY HOMEBREW APPS? WILL IT ERASE MY BOOKMARKS?

Thanks everyone!

I think I am going to WEB OS DR my phone, but I am a bit hesitant.
    Please someone... Quake? Where can I find it!?

*PS, anyone try holding shift + backspace when on the computer? I do it all the time, that'd be cool if there was a patch in Windows to make it have the same functionality as WebOS.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue since 1.3.5.2
    Both games installed fine and when I go to start I get a brief message in the notification area that it is starting and then that's it.

Have never doctored, but don't have MyTether installed, should I doctor???
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    From Yotser82:
    "I had the same problems with doom and quake not working, after about 3 hours of trying this and that I fixed the problem.

Uninstall doom and quake....then,
    Using WebOS Quick Install I went to the WebOS-Internals Feed (pre) and installed the Upstart Manager Service then installed doom and quake. worked perfect. Make sure you install the Upstart program then install doom and quake. Anyways thats how I got it to work."

I tried this and it worked perfectly. I didn't have MyTether installed and couldn't get either game to work. The above suggestion worked first time.

Give him some thanks here if it works for you:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2128438
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast