webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > My second app, PowerNap, is out on the App Catalog! (A Nap Timer)
My second app, PowerNap, is out on the App Catalog! (A Nap Timer)

Old 01/06/2010, 07:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

I am the developer of PowerNap (and Dealert.) If you have any questions, comments, or feature requests for PowerNap, please use this thread to present them.

PowerNap Updates

UPDATE 4/16/10:
PowerNap v1.2 is out now in the App Catalog! As always, official changelog is below.

PowerNap v1.2.0 Changelog
  • Feature: The alarm will no longer sound while setting a nap alarm. Instead, you can now preview the alarm's volume by pressing the "Test Volume" button.
  • Feature: You now have the ability to show a large countdown screen when starting a nap. NOTE: This feature is turned off by default.
  • Feature: You can now type "nap", "timer", "clock", or "alarm" in universal search to bring up PowerNap. You must restart your device for this to take effect.
  • Enhancement: +/- amounts on dashboard controls are now user-settable via the preferences menu.
  • Enhancement: Dashboard UI has been tweaked for better usability/readability.
  • Enhancement: Home screen info text is now more readable.

PowerNap Description

Feature Highlights:
  • Allows for extremely fast inputting of nap duration.
  • No limit on nap duration (you can nap for hours and hours!)
  • You can choose your own custom alarm ringtone.
  • Interactive dashboard allows for viewing the remaining duration of the nap, ability to increase/decrease the nap duration on the fly, and also to cancel the alarm altogether.
  • Vibration pattern is randomized to prevent the user from "getting used" to the vibration and not waking up.
  • User can choose to wake via vibrate, alarm sound, or both.
  • User-adjustable snooze time.
  • Very intuitive and easy-to-use.

PowerNap Screenshots

PowerNap is available right now in the App Catalog for $0.99.

PowerNap Download Link

If you have any questions, comments, feature requests, etc, just let me know. As always, I love to hear what the community thinks and wants to see added to the application.

Thanks everyone!
Kev

-------------------------------------
Discuss my apps in my developer forum

Last edited by Kev1000000; 04/16/2010 at 12:13 AM.
Kev1000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2010, 10:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Looks awesome!
Killin' It LLC | Austin Cameron | WebOS & Web Development
socca1157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2010, 10:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

i support this thread because its something we can actually use and discuss. nice job.
surfhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2010, 10:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Purchased! Thanks Kevin!

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
Complex Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2010, 10:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Nice looking app... could easily be used for a cooking timer too (something I would use, since I don't have the opportunity for naps).
Spader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2010, 11:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Love deal alert, interested to check this one out... Seems like it could be used as a simple timer in general
Old 01/06/2010, 11:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

It can definitely be used as a regular timer. I wanted to focus on naps because I am an avid nap taker, and wanted to make sure that the app was very well-designed for aiding in the nap taking. However, if there are additional features you would want that would enhance the app as a generic timer, I am definitely open to hear them.

Old 01/06/2010, 11:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

i am getting this right now.
igobytony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2010, 11:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

I am fortunate enough to live very near to work and squeeze in a power nap several times a week. This will be awesome. Been setting iHome alarm clock which is PITA. Just purchased. Thanks Kev. Funny thing is the only two paid apps I own are Deal Alert and this one.
mbloflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2010, 11:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

Already purchased, and have used it for both a nap, meal, and time-out timer for my kids!

THANKS! It's an AWESOME App. Well done, and kudos.

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
rykatemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2010, 11:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbloflin View Post
I am fortunate enough to live very near to work and squeeze in a power nap several times a week. This will be awesome. Been setting iHome alarm clock which is PITA. Just purchased. Thanks Kev. Funny thing is the only two paid apps I own are Deal Alert and this one.
Haha, thanks for the support man. I am glad you enjoy both of my apps.

Im always looking for feedback on how to improve both of them, so don't hesitate to the use Submit Feedback feature.

Thanks again!

Old 01/07/2010, 12:05 AM   #12 (permalink)

i really dont need it, but ill give you a dollar.

nice work.
chud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2010, 12:14 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
It can definitely be used as a regular timer. I wanted to focus on naps because I am an avid nap taker, and wanted to make sure that the app was very well-designed for aiding in the nap taking. However, if there are additional features you would want that would enhance the app as a generic timer, I am definitely open to hear them.
Unfortunately i don't think it would fit in with the whole "nap" scenario, but the most important feature for a generic time imo is a "reset" button.

So, you could set a 60 second timer, for a game... start it, alert goes off, hit reset, and its back to 60 seconds.

Most current pre timers don't reset to whatever time you set them
Old 01/07/2010, 01:46 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
Unfortunately i don't think it would fit in with the whole "nap" scenario, but the most important feature for a generic time imo is a "reset" button.

So, you could set a 60 second timer, for a game... start it, alert goes off, hit reset, and its back to 60 seconds.

Most current pre timers don't reset to whatever time you set them
Hmm, you could use the user-settable snooze feature to achieve a similar result. The main problem you would have right now though is the minimum nap time is 5 min. So you wouldn't be able to set a timer for anything less than 5 minutes. This is definitely something I can have user-settable though as well.

Old 01/07/2010, 01:55 AM   #15 (permalink)

from what it looks like in your screen shot it seems as though once alarm is set the phone goes into airplane mode... is that so?

if yes than is it adjustable? and if no can it be? if it doesnt fit with this app can you make a profile app ???
sketch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2010, 02:01 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
from what it looks like in your screen shot it seems as though once alarm is set the phone goes into airplane mode... is that so?

if yes than is it adjustable? and if no can it be? if it doesnt fit with this app can you make a profile app ???
Actually, I added the finishing touches to the app while flying to Seattle on a 5 hour flight from Detroit. I took a few screenshots on the plane...

Right now, the current SDK does not allow devs to toggle airplane mode. If/when that ability gets added, I will make that an option in the preferences to enable airplane mode on alarm set, and to turn airplane mode off when the alarm is dismissed.

Old 01/07/2010, 02:17 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykatemom View Post
Already purchased, and have used it for both a nap, meal, and time-out timer for my kids!

THANKS! It's an AWESOME App. Well done, and kudos.
Haha, thanks rykate! I appreciate the kind words

Old 01/07/2010, 03:00 AM   #18 (permalink)

What's the maximum time you can put for a nap? My naps usually last 3 or 4 hours, and I hate using the built-in Pre alarm because I always feel like with the ridiculously stupid sound settings that the alarm won't ring.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2010, 03:11 AM   #19 (permalink)

Hey, just downloaded. The quality of dealert made me give this one a purchase.

One thing that I'd like to see potentially improved is setting the length. I'm finding the slider is very sensitive and tough to get to the exact number. For example, trying to set 30 minutes and I find that when I slide to it and take my finger off it ends up at 31 or 29. Anyway, not sure if there is a way to make that easier, maybe it is just my fingers

Great app!
gabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2010, 06:24 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
Hey, just downloaded. The quality of dealert made me give this one a purchase.

One thing that I'd like to see potentially improved is setting the length. I'm finding the slider is very sensitive and tough to get to the exact number. For example, trying to set 30 minutes and I find that when I slide to it and take my finger off it ends up at 31 or 29. Anyway, not sure if there is a way to make that easier, maybe it is just my fingers

Great app!
I had this problem for awhile - I only take 30 min naps (otherwise I become cranky, and no one wants that) so I set max nap time to 30 mins under preferences and just slide the slider all the way over each time - works like a charm.
Cloudzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Dixie

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0