webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > My second app, PowerNap, is out on the App Catalog! (A Nap Timer)
My second app, PowerNap, is out on the App Catalog! (A Nap Timer)

Old 08/03/2010, 09:53 AM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
Well, what I can do is check to see if you have it installed, and if you do, enable the link. If not, I won't show it.

Would that work for you?
Yes, that's purrfect!
sjamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/10/2010, 07:37 PM   #142 (permalink)

Hey guys, just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on what to support with the new webOS 2.0 features in PowerNap.

I was thinking an exhibition mode for the current alarm and to use quick launch for setting an even quicker nap time.

Thoughts?

-------------------------------------
Discuss my apps in my developer forum
Kev1000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/10/2010, 08:00 PM   #143 (permalink)

big yes on exhibition mode!
midmofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/2010, 05:47 PM   #144 (permalink)

I think the best use of webOS 2.0 would be adding a handler for Just Type. I would like to type "30" and tap on the PowerNap icon to set up an alarm for a 30-min nap. Alternatively, you could send PowerNap "2:15am", and it would automatically set an alarm for the correct nap length.

PowerNap is easily my most-used app. Thanks!

Last edited by M4rk; 10/22/2010 at 06:59 PM. Reason: typo
M4rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/2010, 10:26 AM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4rk View Post
I think the best use of webOS 2.0 would be adding a handler for Just Type. I would like to type "30" and tap on the PowerNap icon to set up an alarm for a 30-min nap. Alternatively, you could send PowerNap "2:15am", and it would automatically set an alarm for the correct nap length.

That would be cool!
Old 10/23/2010, 05:23 PM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4rk View Post

Thanks for the suggestion, M4rk. It will definitely be included the in 2.0 update =)

Old 01/03/2011, 09:15 AM   #147 (permalink)

Kev, we need PowerNap over in Android land! Your's is the one app that I really miss napping in the dark-side!
Old 01/03/2011, 09:42 AM   #148 (permalink)

What? You mean to tell me that even the 200k apps, you still can't find a decent PN replacement? ...

I am waiting on CES to decide whether I stick with Palm or not. If I stick with Palm, I will keep PN on webOS only. If I don't, I will probably jump to Android and port both PowerNap and Dealert to the platform.

Old 01/03/2011, 11:40 AM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
What? You mean to tell me that even the 200k apps, you still can't find a decent PN replacement? ...

I am waiting on CES to decide whether I stick with Palm or not. If I stick with Palm, I will keep PN on webOS only. If I don't, I will probably jump to Android and port both PowerNap and Dealert to the platform.
It's true! For most apps I have found there are ones that are as good or better on Android than webOs. There are a few Nap and Alarm things that are servicable, but still prefer how PowerNap looks and works.
Old 01/03/2011, 04:13 PM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
It's true! For most apps I have found there are ones that are as good or better on Android than webOs. There are a few Nap and Alarm things that are servicable, but still prefer how PowerNap looks and works.
Haha, well, let's see how Palm does at CES. If I end up porting PN to Android, I'll let everyone know.

As of now, I still plan for it to be a webOS exclusive.

Old 01/04/2011, 10:58 PM   #151 (permalink)

Love this, one of the first things I downloaded when I got my Pre 2 last month. One feature I'd love to see is the option for the alarm to gradually increase in volume. I came to webOS from WM 6.5 where I used gAlarm and really enjoyed the fade-in alarm option. Thanks for a great app!
nkedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2011, 01:00 AM   #152 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkedge View Post
Love this, one of the first things I downloaded when I got my Pre 2 last month. One feature I'd love to see is the option for the alarm to gradually increase in volume. I came to webOS from WM 6.5 where I used gAlarm and really enjoyed the fade-in alarm option. Thanks for a great app!
That would be a WONDERFUL option to add to this extremely useful app!

How 'bout it, Kev?
Old 01/05/2011, 01:06 AM   #153 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
That would be a WONDERFUL option to add to this extremely useful app!

How 'bout it, Kev?
No prob guys. Keep an eye out for it in the next update...

Thanked By: nkedge
Old 03/21/2011, 01:49 PM   #154 (permalink)

Hey Kev! Long time no hear. How's it going with, webos 2.0, exhibition mode, the new SDK's and mojo vrs. enyo or whatever.
Old 03/21/2011, 02:17 PM   #155 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
Hey Kev! Long time no hear. How's it going with, webos 2.0, exhibition mode, the new SDK's and mojo vrs. enyo or whatever.
It's going great! I am about to release an update to Dealert that includes a really cool exhibition mode portion.

Now that I learned the ins/outs of exhibition, I plan to add support for PowerNap as well, as well as Just Type support.

I'll update this thread once I start work on those features.

Old 12/07/2012, 03:22 PM   #156 (permalink)

Bought this app because of the review these days. Ive chosen a song for the alarm ringtone. When I set a nap alarm and hit the "Test Volume" button the song is played correctly. When the alarm starts after the nap time, I just hear a "bling" and no song. After a restart of the device it works for one time, next time it does "bling".
Is there any conflict with patches or any other idea whats going wrong?
Im using it on a Veer (2.1).
SvenBe is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0