Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Congrats on the ap and everything, I'd never be clever enough to write anything like it; but this whole thread is making me chuckle.

I'm new to the palm pre (I love it ) and the community but the fact that there have been 5 pages worth of posts about an ap which allows you to have a 'nice nap' is brilliant!!!!

Next an ap which tells you where the nearest 'cup of tea and a nice sit down is'

(and yes, I'm getting to an age where naps and cups of tea are important!)
    Thanks, Kev. Any chance of the countdown timer interface making it into this update too? Pretty please with a cherry on the top!
    Kev,

In the next release can you add more words to find the app via universal search for example: Timer, Nap, Clock etc...
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Kev,

In the next release can you add more words to find the app via universal search for example: Timer, Nap, Clock etc...
    I would love to, but I am not sure devs can do this. I will look into it!
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    I would love to, but I am not sure devs can do this. I will look into it!

I think it's as simple as adding the following to your appinfo.json

Code:
        "keywords": ["nap","timer","clock"]
    Edit: Yep, I took it for a test drive... that's all you need to do (don't forget the preceding line's "," like I did the first time through)
    Last edited by MLJones8; 04/07/2010 at 12:59 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    I think it's as simple as adding the following to your appinfo.json

Code:
        "keywords": ["nap","timer","clock"]
    Edit: Yep, I took it for a test drive... that's all you need to do (don't forget the preceding line's "," like I did the first time through)
    Awesome! I just tested it as well, works like a charm. Thanks for the info. Expect this in the next update.
    Developer of:

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Great app. I use it daily not just for napping for any kind of reminder. One of my most essential app. Excellent job. Looking forward to your future apps.
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Thanks, Kev. Any chance of the countdown timer interface making it into this update too? Pretty please with a cherry on the top!
    I just added this btw
    Developer of:

Dude, U DA MAN!!!
    Hey Kev you have a great app here! I bought it the first day it hit the app catalog and loving it! Very easy to use with a nice polished user interface and it not only works for naps but works great as a timer too! Keep up the great work!
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgokcea View Post
    Hey Kev you have a great app here! I bought it the first day it hit the app catalog and loving it! Very easy to use with a nice polished user interface and it not only works for naps but works great as a timer too! Keep up the great work!
    Thanks man!
    Developer of:

12.    #112  
    Hey guys, just wanted to give you an update. I am finishing up testing v1.2.

With all of the Palm news going around lately, I also wanted to let all users of Dealert and PowerNap know that I will continue to support these apps with updates and customer support until webOS is completely dead. I am a huge supporter of Palm and webOS, so I will still create updates and new apps for the platform.

I should be able to submit the new update this week sometime.
    Developer of:

Thanks, Kev. YOU ROCK!
    And it works beautifully.

I've used it repeatedly to catch a nap when time allows.

Paul
  15.    #115  
    Thanks guys. I am really diggin' the new features of this update. It definitely rounds out the app as a whole. Although, I do have some pretty nifty features lined up for v1.3 as well.

I am finishing up the testing to night, and should submit to Palm by tomorrow or Wednesday if all goes well. As soon as I submit to Palm, I will post the 1.2 changelog.
    Developer of:

16.    #116  
    Alright guys, I have submitted v1.2 to Palm!

Here are the changes...

PowerNap v1.2.0 Changelog
    • Feature: The alarm will no longer sound while setting a nap alarm. Instead, you can now preview the alarm's volume by pressing the "Test Volume" button.
    • Feature: You now have the ability to show a large countdown screen when starting a nap. NOTE: This feature is turned off by default.
    • Feature: You can now type "nap", "timer", "clock", or "alarm" in universal search to bring up PowerNap. You must restart your device for this to take effect.
    • Enhancement: +/- amounts on dashboard controls are now user-settable via the preferences menu.
    • Enhancement: Dashboard UI has been tweaked for better usability/readability.
    • Enhancement: Home screen info text is now more readable.

Should be pushed out to you guys this week sometime Let me know what you think when you get it!

Thanks,
    Kev
    Last edited by Kev1000000; 04/13/2010 at 07:52 PM.
    Developer of:

Kev, this changelog deserves another "YOU ROCK"!
  18.    #118  
    Haha, thank you. v1.3 should be even better
    Developer of:

You love teasing us, don't you!!!
  20.    #120  
    I just like giving you guys something to look forward to
    Developer of:

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast