Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Hey midmo,

I am definitely planning on changing the snooze/dismiss buttons. I really like the idea of a huge snooze and small dismiss. I can try and fix this for the next update. As far as bypassing the lock screen, that's unfortunately not allowed with the current SDK. I was experimenting with *shake to snooze*, but those inputs also don't get routed to my app when the lock screen is up.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Kevin
    the shake to snooze would be AWESOME
    got your app last night, it is my first paid app. i like to nap on my lunch break at work and this will come in handy. i've had my pre plus since tuesday and the phone is wonderful. everyday i've learned something else about it on here. it would be real hard to go back to a dumb phone now. good work!
  3.    #63  
    Thanks driver! I hope you enjoy PowerNap and the Pre Plus.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Just had a thought. If you can't make the snooze button bigger, you should be able to ADD buttons. What I am picturing is that there are, say, six of the standard oval buttons, 5 of them are green and say "snooze" and one of them at the top or bottom of the stack is red and says "dismiss." This would, in effect, give you a big snooze button area.

Still lovin' the app. Anybody want to post an official review for PreCentral?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Great app! I'll bet you haven't heard of this use yet: Our cat is expecting kittens soon and we will be keeping their sleeping box warm with a an electric heating pad. However, it has an automatic shut off after 2 hours. I'll be using Power Nap to remind me to turn the heating pad back on. Kittens and mama cat will be warm and happy!
    Last edited by Dixie; 02/07/2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: fixed grammar
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Just had a thought. If you can't make the snooze button bigger, you should be able to ADD buttons. What I am picturing is that there are, say, six of the standard oval buttons, 5 of them are green and say "snooze" and one of them at the top or bottom of the stack is red and says "dismiss." This would, in effect, give you a big snooze button area.

Still lovin' the app. Anybody want to post an official review for PreCentral?
    I can make the snooze button bigger. Look for the new snooze button in the next update!

Oh, and an official review would be awesome!
    Developer of:

7.    #67  
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I submitted PowerNap v1.1 to the App Catalog.

PowerNap 1.1.0 Changelog
    • Feature: You can now set alarms for less than 5 minutes.
    • Feature: Default nap time support has been added.
    • Enhancement: Snooze button size has been increased.
    • Enhancement: You can now interact with the dashboard (not the popup) screen while the device is locked.
    • Enhancement: Additional snooze times have been added.
    • Bug: PowerNap will now work correctly with webOS 1.4.

Should be available shortly.
    Developer of:

Awesome updates, can't wait to get my hands on this one. PowerNap was the first app I bought, and the second most used on my phone (next to Twee). Great work!
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by seinman View Post
    Awesome updates, can't wait to get my hands on this one. PowerNap was the first app I bought, and the second most used on my phone (next to Twee). Great work!
    That's good to hear! I am glad you're enjoying PowerNap. I am finding I cannot live without some of the features of 1.1, so I hope you enjoy it.
    Developer of:

Add me to the list of purchasers...Great App! This may be asking a bit much, and it's more of a request than something that is NEEDED. But say, for example, since you are unable to toggle Airplane mode in the app, I decided to manually turn it off before I set my nap time. Is there a way to have a customized message when the alarm sounds so I can set it to say "Turn airplane mode off" when the alarm sounds, so I don't forget?

BTW, I was kinda sleepy anyway when I stumbled across this thread, so I was able to test it right away...worked like a charm! :-)
    just installed update and does not seem to be working. dont have 1.4 yet is that the problem?

App opens up fine but when i hit set nap alarm, although the button "presses" nothing happens and alarm does not go off.
    Last edited by midmofan; 02/26/2010 at 07:04 PM.
  12.    #72  
    PLEASE READ!

Apparently, Palm messed up the App Catalog versioning. This update was supposed to be for 1.4 devices only, but Palm released it to everyone. DO NOT UPDATE UNTIL YOU'RE ON 1.4!

I will be pushing another update shortly to add compatibility back to < 1.4 devices, but until then, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE 1.1 UPDATE.

Everything is fixed. PowerNap is now compatible with all webOS versions >= 1.3.1.
    Last edited by Kev1000000; 03/06/2010 at 12:44 PM.
    Developer of:

13.    #73  
    All issues have been resolved. PowerNap 1.1.1 is now in the app catalog, which makes PowerNap compatible with both 1.4 and previous versions of webOS.
    Developer of:

I use powernap all the time! Great app!
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidxit2 View Post
    I use powernap all the time! Great app!
    Thanks liquid! I plan on adding some really cool user-requested features soon. Some of you guys have some really awesome ideas!

As always, I'll continue to roll out updates as long as feature requests are still coming in
    Developer of:

Will definitely check this out, looks great!
    Camera Fun! & Face Morpher
    My babies =)
    I haven't read all four pages of this thread, so I don't know if these have been mentioned yet, but I thought of two features that would make this app even more awesome.

First would be multiple timers. For instance, the other day I had a 2-hour-ish timer set to remind me to pick my sister up from school. While I was waiting, I put a pizza in the oven, but I had to erase my first timer to start a 15-minute timer for the food. If I could just go to PowerNap, click add timer, and put in another, that would be awesome. I personally probably wouldn't use more than two at a time, but making it able to keep track of more than that would make it just that much more useful for power users.

Second, this only applies if multiple timers are available: have the option to name them. So when an alarm randomly goes off, I know whether it means my laundry or dinner is done, or whatever they may be for.
    Kev,

Making the main page (and great reviews) made me bite... I'm not a big napper but the free countdown timer I was using let much to be desired.

What was it missing (the old crap countdown timer)?

1. No customizable alerts (and wow did it have an annoying buzzer)
    2. Rotating Advertisements... to add to the timer already draining my battery
    3. Ugly UI

-- But it did offer multiple timers... Which I hope to see in the future.

Anyway back to PowerNap:
    - Beyond getting the above 3 points (plus an extra for dashboard UI) I still have to deduct 1 for not being able to set multiple timers. So if I gave the other app(s) 2 stars your still at 5.

--- I know you titled the app PowerNap, so I'm curious if your even considering adding multiple, timers for those of us using it as a countdown timer.

Now the knit-picking:
    --- As a first time user, setting a timer past an hour wasn't as intuitive as you might imagine. Sure, after I figured it out it was easy, but perhaps mentioning what that tiny little font implies in the FAQ would be a plus.
    --- If you accidentally click 'choose your own ringtone alarm,' clicking the sound which was already selected, doesn't take you back to the main scene (a back swipe does the trick, but for some reason I feel you can do better).

Cliffnotes: This is the best countdown timer in the catalog, keep up the great work!

Edit: Kev, You need to update first post pics
    Last edited by MLJones8; 03/11/2010 at 12:39 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know my second app, PowerNap, was just released on the App Catalog. (First application was Dealert btw)

Feature Highlights:
    • Allows for extremely fast inputting of nap duration.
    • Supports custom alarm sounds.
    • Interactive dashboard allows for viewing the remaining duration of the nap, ability to increase/decrease the nap duration on the fly, and also to cancel the alarm altogether.
    • Vibration pattern is randomized to prevent the user from "getting used" to the vibration and not waking up.
    • User can choose to wake via vibrate, alarm sound, or both.
    • User-adjustable snooze time.
    • Very intuitive and easy-to-use.

Screenshots:

PowerNap is available right now in the App Catalog for $0.99.

If you have any questions, comments, feature requests, etc, just let me know. As always, I love to hear what the community thinks and wants to see added to the application.

Thanks everyone!
    Kev
    This looks like a great app. Definitely some useful features.

Question for you; I realize that this is primarily only available in the U.S., however did you enable the region permissions to include Canada? So that once we have (maybe) the Paid App catalogue, we can get this app.

The reason that I ask is because Bell is saying that the problem with getting the paid app catalogue is because of Palm, Palm is saying that the problem is with the developers.....the only issue that I can possibly think of is that the developers are neglecting to turn on the region code for Canada.

Can you shed any light on this????
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Kev,

Making the main page (and great reviews) made me bite... I'm not a big napper but the free countdown timer I was using let much to be desired.

What was it missing (the old crap countdown timer)?

1. No customizable alerts (and wow did it have an annoying buzzer)
    2. Rotating Advertisements... to add to the timer already draining my battery
    3. Ugly UI

-- But it did offer multiple timers... Which I hope to see in the future.

Anyway back to PowerNap:
    - Beyond getting the above 3 points (plus an extra for dashboard UI) I still have to deduct 1 for not being able to set multiple timers. So if I gave the other app(s) 2 stars your still at 5.

--- I know you titled the app PowerNap, so I'm curious if your even considering adding multiple, timers for those of us using it as a countdown timer.

Now the knit-picking:
    --- As a first time user, setting a timer past an hour wasn't as intuitive as you might imagine. Sure, after I figured it out it was easy, but perhaps mentioning what that tiny little font implies in the FAQ would be a plus.
    --- If you accidentally click 'choose your own ringtone alarm,' clicking the sound which was already selected, doesn't take you back to the main scene (a back swipe does the trick, but for some reason I feel you can do better).

Cliffnotes: This is the best countdown timer in the catalog, keep up the great work!

Edit: Kev, You need to update first post pics
    Hey Jones,

Thanks for the kind comments. I appreciate them and the support!

Let me answer your questions.

The first is the question I have been getting a lot lately: Will PowerNap support multiple timers?
    - PowerNap was designed to allow the user to quickly set an alarm which was targeted for naps. I actually wanted to differentiate PowerNap from other timers, which is why I concentrated a lot on the different feature-set PowerNap has.

With that said, I have gotten overwhelming feedback on the design, UI, and controls, and it seems everyone who uses PowerNap wants the same design paradigms to control timers (multiple) instead of just a simple Nap Tmer.

Since I am a huge proponent for webOS and love this community, I am happy to announce I am working on a solution to this problem. Keep an eye out

Hour + design
    - I do want to re-design the hour+ buttons. Right now they're very functional, but not very intuitive. I plan to address this in a future update.

Thanks again, Jones!
    Developer of:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast