Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksand007 View Post
    Im buying this today. As a huge fan of power naps, and as a huge fan of laziness (I would rather not get off my bed to set my alarm clock) this is highly usefull
    Yeah, the one thing I really like is that you won't accidentally set an AM alarm when you meat for a PM alarm. I do that all of the time by accident, and PowerNap prevents you doing it.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  2.    #42  
    Just an FYI, I am working on the 1.0 update, and I have added a completely new way of entering in 1 hour+ nap durations which takes away any max limit. It's pretty intuitive and easy to use like the old system, so I hope you guys enjoy it. 1.0 should be finished by tuesday night, and submitted to Palm on Wednesday.

I'll fill everyone in with the changelog when I post it to Palm.
    Last edited by Kev1000000; 01/10/2010 at 06:55 PM.
    Developer of:

Sounds like an nice app that I'm willing to buy soon but can this app have reocurring times. Say if I want to nap everyday at 2pm for an hour, can I get an alert saying it's nap time and than have the alert go off when the hour is up? Also does this app still play sound with the mute toggle on?
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Sounds like an nice app that I'm willing to buy soon but can this app have reocurring times. Say if I want to nap everyday at 2pm for an hour, can I get an alert saying it's nap time and than have the alert go off when the hour is up? Also does this app still play sound with the mute toggle on?
    The beauty of the app is its quickness at setting a nap time. I was thinking about recurring nap alarms, but with the ease and quickness of setting a nap duration, I was leaning against doing it. If enough people want the feature though, I'd be happy to add it.

And yes, the app still plays the alarm sound even if with the mute toggle on. The app allows you to set the alarm sound when you apply the nap alarm, so if you want a silent alarm, you simply turn the volume down to 0.
    Developer of:

5.    #45  
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that 1.0.0 has been submitted to the App Catalog!

Here is the changelog...

PowerNap v1.0.0 Changelog
    • Feature: Hour adjustments have been added. There is no longer a maximum nap time.
    • Enhancement: Alarm sound will no longer cause Pandora to pause.
    • Bug: Home screen no longer scrolls.

Update should be in the App Catalog shortly
    Developer of:

Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that 1.0.0 has been submitted to the App Catalog!

Here is the changelog...

PowerNap v1.0.0 Changelog
    • Feature: Hour adjustments have been added. There is no longer a maximum nap time.
    • Enhancement: Alarm sound will no longer cause Pandora to pause.
    • Bug: Home screen no longer scrolls.

Update should be in the App Catalog shortly
    Thanks! I field tested the app yesterday and it was awesome!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  7.    #47  
    Haha, good to hear! I think you'll like 1.0.0's hour adjustments quite a bit. It's a pretty big improvement over 0.9.0.
    Developer of:

Looking forward to the update!
    I purchased it and it's awesome. Thanks for a great app!
    Purchased! Great app. Thanks
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  11.    #51  
    Thanks guys. Update should be out either tomorrow or Thurs.
    Developer of:

12.    #52  
    Update is out!
    Developer of:

My first App Store purchase (although I donate to Homebrew often!)

Great job, works great.

One suggestion (and I don't know if this is possible) can you make the sooze button bigger? On my old treo there was a great alarm app that had as its best featrue a huge snooze button (pretty much took up most of the screen) and a much smaller dismiss button.

That's a great feature, if possible, as you want to be able to just tap and snooze without fumbling for where to hit or worrying about how to hit it just right and, most importantly, also makes it harder to hit dismiss instead of snooze by mistake.

You may not want to change this in order not to confuse those that have the app already, but it would make more sense to me if the "dismiss" was red since that is turning off the alarm and snooze would be green (the "red/danger" is you turn off and go back to sleep and no wake up thinking you hit snooze, so want to make it clear hitting dismiss). In same vein, when waking up from a nap, its easier to hit the very bottom of the screen than in the middle, so I would switch the positions of dismiss and snooze. You want to make it HARDER to dismiss than snooze so you don't oversleep.

Lastly, is there any way to have this bypass the lock screen so that don't have to unlock to snooze or dismiss?

Thanks again, great job
    Last edited by midmofan; 01/27/2010 at 09:14 AM.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    My first App Store purchase (although I donate to Homebrew often!)

Great job, works great.

One suggestion (and I don't know if this is possible) can you make the sooze button bigger? On my old treo there was a great alarm app that had as its best featrue a huge snooze button (pretty much took up most of the screen) and a much smaller dismiss button.

That's a great feature, if possible, as you want to be able to just tap and snooze without fumbling for where to hit or worrying about how to hit it just right and, most importantly, also makes it harder to hit dismiss instead of snooze by mistake.

You may not want to change this in order not to confuse those that have the app already, but it would make more sense to me if the "dismiss" was red since that is turning off the alarm and snooze would be green (the "red/danger" is you turn off and go back to sleep and no wake up thinking you hit snooze, so want to make it clear hitting dismiss). In same vein, when waking up from a nap, its easier to hit the very bottom of the screen than in the middle, so I would switch the positions of dismiss and snooze. You want to make it HARDER to dismiss than snooze so you don't oversleep.

Lastly, is there any way to have this bypass the lock screen so that don't have to unlock to snooze or dismiss?

Thanks again, great job
    Hey midmo,

I am definitely planning on changing the snooze/dismiss buttons. I really like the idea of a huge snooze and small dismiss. I can try and fix this for the next update. As far as bypassing the lock screen, that's unfortunately not allowed with the current SDK. I was experimenting with *shake to snooze*, but those inputs also don't get routed to my app when the lock screen is up.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Kevin
    Developer of:

Thanks Kevin, hope sales are going well, its well worth the small price
  16.    #56  
    Sales are definitely higher than expected. Didn't realize this many people took naps

Although, from the reviews, it looks like people are using PowerNap as a generic timer as well. Awesome!
    Developer of:

Sales are definitely higher than expected. Didn't realize this many people took naps

Although, from the reviews, it looks like people are using PowerNap as a generic timer as well. Awesome!
    True, I've been using it as a general timer and as an alarm. If its midnight, just easier for me to set PowerNap for 7 hours or whatever than worry about getting time right, am/pm, etc.
    Everyone naps, and everyone hates setting alarms. I specifically bought the alarm next to my bed because it has a nap feature. Now that I have this app on my phone, I am seriously debating getting a touchstone for my bedside and just using my pre as my alarm.

I am glad the sales are doing well!

19.    #59  
    Get the Touchstone. You won't regret it.
    Developer of:

Get the Touchstone. You won't regret it.
    I already have one next to my desktop computer. I was thinking about getting a second one

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast