Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    Following the update I went to the app catalog to update using the new update all tool. It began to update 12 apps. I got a message that the PRe needed to restart as part of install, hit OK. It restarted with 12 notifications of failure to install. I get the exact same thing when trying to install new apps. I have re-started the device several times, with no change.

    Any help?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrains View Post
    Following the update I went to the app catalog to update using the new update all tool. It began to update 12 apps. I got a message that the PRe needed to restart as part of install, hit OK. It restarted with 12 notifications of failure to install. I get the exact same thing when trying to install new apps. I have re-started the device several times, with no change.

    Any help?
    Look for "emergency migration helper" in preware. Install it. Love it.
  3.    #3  
    aarggghhhh!!! can't find it! Is it in preware apps or is a Web OS QI program?
  4. #4  
    just go into "Preware" on your Pre and klick on List of everything, then just type in "emerg" or so and you will see it!

    Had the same problem, thanks to your post, i just solved it^^
  5. #5  
    Ive used the migration tool and I still can not use the app catalog to download or update any apps - tried w/wifi on, off - tried deleting preware/package service manager and reinstalling, updated them when available and still .. i can not use the app catalog either
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

    Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
  6. #6  
    I just started having the same problem and this fix worked!!!
    Thanks
    Last edited by bradley996; 01/06/2010 at 07:33 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel0ne View Post
    just go into "Preware" on your Pre and klick on List of everything, then just type in "emerg" or so and you will see it!

    Had the same problem, thanks to your post, i just solved it^^
    um - nothing. The only thing that comes up is 'limited emergency button.'

    Is it possible I am not getting a feed in Preware? Or some reason the app is blocked? This is getting frustrating...
  8. Dcook87's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #8  
    I'm having the same problem, and I cannot find the emergency migration helper in preware. All of my feeds are turned on, and it can only find "limited emergency button" in the list of everything
  9.    #9  
    I managed to get it through using WebOS QuickInstall. and it appeared to work, however after only an hour I am again unable to install anything from the app catalog. This time no error message, just a failed to install.
  10. #10  
    Whew! I was panicking thinking that I screwed something up, lol. This fix worked for me! Thanks!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrains View Post
    I managed to get it through using WebOS QuickInstall. and it appeared to work, however after only an hour I am again unable to install anything from the app catalog. This time no error message, just a failed to install.
    still having this problem, and now certain apps that use GPS are not working, other are. Not sure what to do. May try and run WebOS doctor, but hate to loose everything on the phone.
  12. #12  
    where do you get emergency migration helper if your preware is broken?
  13.    #13  
    I never could get it to run through Preware - even after wiping the phone and reloading preware.

    I did get it to run through WebOS QuickInstall. I have needed to re-run it 3 times so far. Every few days I get this problem again.
  14. boxer's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #14  
    I am having the same problem! I thought it was because I downloaded appscoop: but here's what happens to me: I attempted to download appscoop yesterday and the download failed. I have restarted numerous times and I have also attempted to re-download the app etc. Nothing is working. Meanwhile, it shows on my launcher as well as all of the applications that need updating. None of the updates will download and now, those apps that need updating will no longer work either. In addition, I tried to delete appscoop yesterday (instead of just re-downloading) and mysteriously, it doesn't show up as software in my device info. SO, I can't use Splash ID or any of the apps that currently are showing an update needed. I have no idea what I have done wrong!! please help! Thanks so much!
  15. boxer's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #15  
    I am runnin Palm 1.3.5.1
  16.    #16  
    do a search for webos quickinstall, install on your deskptop and try and run the emergency migration tool form it. Hopefully that will get you up and running.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
    I am having the same problem! I thought it was because I downloaded appscoop: but here's what happens to me: I attempted to download appscoop yesterday and the download failed. I have restarted numerous times and I have also attempted to re-download the app etc. Nothing is working. Meanwhile, it shows on my launcher as well as all of the applications that need updating. None of the updates will download and now, those apps that need updating will no longer work either. In addition, I tried to delete appscoop yesterday (instead of just re-downloading) and mysteriously, it doesn't show up as software in my device info. SO, I can't use Splash ID or any of the apps that currently are showing an update needed. I have no idea what I have done wrong!! please help! Thanks so much!
    I had exactly the same problem (installed appscoop and thought it screwed everything as i was not able to install anything / rebooting a few times etc).
    I was about to reset my device but found this post on forum.
    Installed "emergency migration helper" from Preware -> Available other -> linux applications.

    Everything is fine now. I can install apps from catalog and Prewere.
  18. #18  
    Had the same problem with installing updates, or applications from the app catalogue. I am using 1.3.5.1.

    In preware go to Available Packages>Linux Application>EMERGENCY MIGRATION HELPER. Not to be confused with emergency patch recovery.

    Now everything updated like a champ.
  19. #19  
    It works perfect, thanks.
  20. boxer's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #20  
    Thanks so much for all the help. I currently have filecoaster and many homebrew apps loaded on my phone; however, I do not have PreWare installed because I have not rooted my phone. If I cannot load the updates and apps to my phone since the update to 1.3.5.1; and I don't have PreWare installed; am I out of luck? Any suggestions without rooting the phone?
    Thanks!

Posting Permissions