Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bennish
  1.    #1  
    I would LOVE to have google earth on my pre!
    Ditto!
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by b1baller View Post
    I would LOVE to have google earth on my pre!
    By far, that is the #1 app that I am waiting for. Google has been pretty tight-lipped about Google Earth for the WebOS. I am hoping that it won't be too long...
    I, myself, am waiting for both Google maps navigation (Android style) and tighter integration of the accelerometer into Google maps (think the compass features in Google maps on the iPhone).
    I would already be happy with Street View for Google Maps. But I think that Google Earth won't be possible until Google gets to use the 3d hardware. Who knows, they might have access to it already?

I am afraid though that Google is too busy shining up their Nexus One and don't want to put all their good stuff on competing phones.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    I, myself, am waiting for both Google maps navigation (Android style) and tighter integration of the accelerometer into Google maps (think the compass features in Google maps on the iPhone).
    Unfortunately the Pre lacks the flux gate necessary to provide heading information.
    What's a flux gate, and how does it provide heading information?
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    What's a flux gate, and how does it provide heading information?
    A flux gate is a magnetometer. It provides magnetic heading information by sensing the earth's magnetic field. It is like a transformer whose input is "gated" i.e. pulsed. The output depends on which way the device is pointed because the orientation changes the amount of magnetic flux lines that are intercepted.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    a compass
    JCaldaro250 likes this.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    a compass
    in a word