Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Google Earth!
    What I mentioned earlier is call "steamy window".
    Sports app, something like Sportacular.....
    a bill reminder list. One where you could imput a bill and after a couple months of importing your payment amount, it guess how much your payments will be in reminders after words. You could also have it add up all the bills so you know how much you spend on them each month, have bill reminder dates recocure on specific days and be able not include weekends and holidays (example bill is due saturday the 16, it will know to make it friday or monday (depending on the option you choose. And of course NOTIFICATIONS!! Most important part. Have it customizable to alert you a few times on days and times you choose. And how you want them to pop up, silently, as a notification or as an alert (like calendar) that would be awesome. Be even more awesome if it could pull data from your bill companies and bank companies, showing your accounts and bills and letting you pay them from the app!, but I've given up and that, doesn't seem possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyazn23 View Post
    Sports app, something like Sportacular.....
    not another brighthouse labs...........No SIR!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    WebMD helps you find sickness/diseases with a symptom checker.
    The one on the site uses flash so you can't use it in the Pre's browser.
    I'll check if there are any mobile web versions though.

I know a lot of people would benefit from that since it's one of those basic needs type of apps. Try googleing all your symptoms or making it to an appointment while you're sick; it's ancient and tedious.

The app:
    Basically a list of basic symptoms or areas on the body which then branch out to other specific list, in the end would be an html (don't know what i'm talking about) page with: possible conditions, summaries, and links.
    Using the site could help with the list hierarchy.
    I think there's one for the iPhone if you need reference points, i'll add a link later.

The second one is a location based social app, i.e., not important at all.
    Hi,

Thanks for writing in. I'm sorry but we don't have any plans to make a Palm
    Pre app. However, we do have an mobile site (m.whrrl.com) which will work on
    any browser enabled phone.

My best,

Joni
    Whrrl Customer Service
    Whrrl - You are where you go

Let me know if you need help with anything!
    I don't know anything about codes except for MySpace back in the day, and common sense.
    Alright with photoshop,
    and I've only done the tutorial for Ares.
    Last edited by grynv; 01/05/2010 at 06:14 PM.
    yeah I have the patch I mainly wanted it for text msgs..I don't understand the whole "do answer" portion of it lol

Quote Originally Posted by acez3001 View Post
    well they hava a patch for that if you know how to get a patch. but i got it and i said to put the requested blocked number as do not answer in the contacts and now if they text or call it says "do answer" so its kinda funny. but yeah look up that patch thing.
    Disney World Ride wait time

Saw it on someone's Iphone while I was there and thought it was cool, some how it updates the wait time for each ride.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    A media player. At best: think VLC for Pre. Streaming, conversion, massive compatibility. At the very least.. something that can play a damn avi file. $15 from me if you can do this.
    How about an app that will remove patches and themes and reinstall's them. maybe it could save what the theme and patches were to a file on the pre and then when you launch the program after an update it downloads the patches and themes then reinstalls them. (maybe this app could remove the patches and themes and store it in a safe way on the pre so that an update doesnt affect that file and then reinstall so that it will not have to download, which would be nice for me since sprint is rolling out the new 4g network and we dont have 3g yet come on sprint!!!)
    I would like to see a DVR Direct TV Schedule app so that I can set my DVR to record a show while on the go. I know this can be done through their mobile website but it just isn't that nice looking or user friendly.

Would also like to see schorched earth (game) on the pre!
    oh +2983749823743 for a tv app!

I turn on my laptop (macbook) just to use this little dashboard plugin for TV forecast.

Apple - Downloads - Dashboard Widgets - TV Forecast

I've e-mailed the developer several times about if he would be looking into webOS, and I've gotten ziltch back. Either way, I would KILL for a TV forecast app, easily an app I would pay several bones for.

Doesn't need to be setup for a specific cable network, I think most forecast apps use tvrage.com as their info source. Setup a few timezone toggles, and users from all different areas with different cable providers could use it.

Oh please <3
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    a sirius xm ap!
    Quote Originally Posted by txketch View Post
    Disney World Ride wait time

Saw it on someone's Iphone while I was there and thought it was cool, some how it updates the wait time for each ride.

Thanks
    WOW, really? How often do you go to Disney?
    Quote Originally Posted by gadg3t View Post
    How about an app that will remove patches and themes and reinstall's them. maybe it could save what the theme and patches were to a file on the pre and then when you launch the program after an update it downloads the patches and themes then reinstalls them. (maybe this app could remove the patches and themes and store it in a safe way on the pre so that an update doesnt affect that file and then reinstall so that it will not have to download, which would be nice for me since sprint is rolling out the new 4g network and we dont have 3g yet come on sprint!!!)

I like this idea. Actually this idea is money in the bank. I would pay top dollar for this app, and i'm sure others would.

actually, the jailbreak community (iphone) has a app that saves and restores jailbroken apps. maybe it can be modeled after that one.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I've got an idea for an app how about a sports scoreboard app for all major sports and favorite teams with the ability to set up automatic notifications for specific teams or games.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by max.swell View Post
    I like this idea. Actually this idea is money in the bank. I would pay top dollar for this app, and i'm sure others would.

actually, the jailbreak community (iphone) has a app that saves and restores jailbroken apps. maybe it can be modeled after that one.
    I believe webos-internals is working on a system for that
    Quote Originally Posted by acez3001 View Post
    HELLO EVERYONE,

I am currently accepting app requests. i have been messing around with palm ares and would like to get some more experience with it, but i find my self trouble thinking of a possible app that would actually be useful to someone. so i am now accepting app requests from anyone who thinks they have a great idea. plz leave a reply on the forum and not a personal message, with basic functions of the app, what it is for, and what you would like it to semi look like if you care. and ill do the rest

thank you
    I would love to see any of the following games on webOS that I have been missing from PalmOS
    1. Cribbage
    2. Mille Borne
    3. a GOOD backgammon app (unlike the one in the App Catalog)

thanks!
    Adam
    a app that can open old games...all you have to do is put roms in a rom folder somewhere on your pre using the usb and you can then pick which one you want to play after opening the app. Thats all i want for a gift can you make it happen?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Still waiting for a solid diet and exercise app like Lose It on the iphone. I want to be able to track food/calories and weight over time. The ones in the app catalog are poorly rated. I have contacted the LoseIt developer and he is not interested in porting.... It would be great if someone could make a great app that ties into say CalorieKing for data...
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast