Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I have read a few threads about people wanting to get ScummVM going on the Pre. A few said it doesn't work on Classic. I finally thought I'd try it out for myself, and as it turns out it runs just fine on Classic!

I've only tried a few games with the Scumm Engine so far. I haven't tried Kyrandia or any of the others yet.

I made a (poor quality) video showing the games I've got running so far.

Total size
    Day of the Tentacle: 267MB, 262MB of that is a .SOU which may not be necessary if you're willing to forgo sound. Will try that later.
    Loom: 53.9 MB, 50 of which is sound. It does work without the sound, but loom without sound is a crime.
    Maniac Mansion: 229KB
    Monkey Island 1: 47.9 MB, 43.3MB is sound, and it works without the sound.
    Monkey Island 2: 8.66 MB, no sound. I don't have the original CD with sound anymore.

As I mention in the vid, the biggest problems are:
    1. Lack of an escape button = no skipping dialog and cutscenes.
    2. Without a stylus it's very difficult to accurately click small targets. Zoom works only a little bit.
    3. No landscape mode. Even when I try to set it to widescreen it doesn't do it. This would help with #2.

I'm sure someone is working on getting this build natively for WebOS now that SDL is available (I've tried and am still working on it). But this certainly looks like a good holdover, especially considering Classic is free *to try* now!

I'll post more info as I try more games.
    Last edited by spdqbr; 01/03/2010 at 09:59 PM. Reason: added video link
    Quote Originally Posted by spdqbr View Post
    But this certainly looks like a good holdover, especially considering Classic is free now!
    Classic is $29.99. The app in the catalog is a trial version.

Hopefully someone gets the games working in a native webOS app.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Classic is $29.99. The app in the catalog is a trial version.

Hopefully someone gets the games working in a native webOS app.
    Got my hopes up and then crushed them. I've wanted Classic for a while...don't/won't pay $30 for it though (need it on 2 phones and $60 seems too steep for me)
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Eep! Sorry for the misinformation, I've edited the post to reflect correctly!
    How do you install this which file did you download from scummvm home page?