Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1.    #1  
    After updating to 1.3.5, but before updating Classic, I was unable to do my usual Bluetooth hotsync. When I saw Classic 2.1.2 was out, I updated without any trouble, but it didn't fix the hotsync problem. I tried redoing the hotsync setup in Classic, selecting PC, and entering the PC name, to no avail.

    Then, today I finally got the hotsync to work by redoing the hotsync setup, but this time I entered the IP address that I found in the Bluetooth connection on the computer. So, it appears the current connection options that show up in the Hotsync screen do not work, and I can't figure out how to delete them to start fresh. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

    Otherwise, things seem pretty stable.

    Regards,
    Tom
  2. #2  
    In a case like this we do a hard reset. However, maybe you'd want to wait for some less invasive workaround for this?
    Follow us on Twitter

    Hang out with us on Facebook

    Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  3.    #3  
    I was hoping there would be one file I could delete via FileZ, or some other way to delete the current hotsync profiles. But, if not, I guess I'll go the route of a hard reset.

    Regards,
    Tom
  4.    #4  
    I think I have things back to operational. To avoid all the work of doing a hard reset, and reinstalling everything from scratch, I took an approach that easily doubled the time.

    My approach was to:
    1. do a backup with NVBackup
    2. do a hard reset
    3. save out the newly created (and pristine) file that contains Hotsync connection preferences
    4. restore from backup in step 1
    5. copy in the pristine Hotsync prefs file


    Through a little sleuthing, I found out that the Hotsync Connection profiles are kept in, of all places, Unsaved Preferences(!) (I thought that was highly frowned on in PalmOS programming.) Not knowing what other info might be kept there, I was a little reluctant, but forged ahead with the plan. One downside was that the pristine Unsaved Preferences file caused the Hotsync to want to restore, so I had to repeat steps 4 and 5 above.

    This trouble could all be avoided if the user could delete Hotsync connection profiles -- I still haven't seen a way to do this.

    Regards,
    Tom

Posting Permissions