Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Engadget, 1000th app. As if that was not planned. At least nice to see Palm made it to 1000 in around 6 mos.
    What a way to bring in the new year. I hope we have something more to look forward to on January 7th. Happy New Year everyone!
    palm has some viral marketing/free press chops. Hitting 1000 for newyears got an article on gadget blogs. Releasing the engadget app for 1000 gets a sure fire article again featured on engadget and separate from the iphones release app.

nice job palm
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Engadget, 1000th app. As if that was not planned. At least nice to see Palm made it to 1000 in around 6 mos.
    Given Engadget's influence, it makes _perfect_ sense for theirs to be the 1000th app. Actually a pretty smart move by Palm, IMO. I was glad to see it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    palm has some viral marketing/free press chops. Hitting 1000 for newyears got an article on gadget blogs. Releasing the engadget app for 1000 gets a sure fire article again featured on engadget and separate from the iphones release app.

nice job palm
    +1

Didn't see this post before I posted mine...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  6.    #26  
    Well, looks like I may have called this one right. I began to doubt if they'd make it, and was surprised to see that they had.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Yeah hopefully they won't slack off now and the app catalog is gonna slow down!
    Given that the developer's program is just now coming out of beta, I'd say we should see things speeding up considerably. I'm almost as excited about CES as I was about June 6th.
    And what a brilliant stroke making Engadget's app the 1000th. Nice little viral kick...

Just can't wait for CES.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    At this point, I'd have to say that this is the best app so far this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    And what a brilliant stroke making Engadget's app the 1000th. Nice little viral kick...

Just can't wait for CES.
    it's a well developed app too.

mostly just a reader, but the interface is very nice.

and im sure plenty of people will complain about it and say to just use the website.
    1000 Apps is awesome but now I want to see atleast another 3000 apps added within the next 6 months.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Hell yeah...I am waiting for CES too! I am always sad when Christmas is over, so thank god for CES, something to look forward too!
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    1000 Apps is awesome but now I want to see atleast another 3000 apps added within the next 6 months.
    I wouldn't be surprised. As a matter of fact, I'd almost bet on it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12