Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Interestingly I have both a pre and pixi and after the update to 1.3.5 on my pre I decided to switch back to my pixi. When I signed in to my profile all my apps were moved to the pixi including oddly emough classic. I opened classic on my pixi and what do you know, it worked! The bottom is chopped off but, the app itself worked fine. So my question is... How much longer till we get classic for the pixi? If all it needs is a resolution fix what's the hold up? I have been waiting..... Thanks
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    How much was chopped off. were all the buttons still usable??
    If its working now, why do you need the pixi version?
    I really want classic on my pixi and if it works I'll borrow a pre and
    get it on my pixi. Will it really be fully functional?
    Quote Originally Posted by ETjumps View Post
    How much was chopped off. were all the buttons still usable??
    If its working now, why do you need the pixi version?
    I really want classic on my pixi and if it works I'll borrow a pre and
    get it on my pixi. Will it really be fully functional?
    Please try this:

Delete Classic you have on your Pixi now and go to the App Catalog and download Classic as available there.

We suspect that what happened is that backup from the Palm (re-created after you signed in to your profile) restored the Classic version for the Pre, which is why you see Classic in a resolution as available for Pre.

Anyways, let us know how this goes. Thanks!
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Wow, does this mean that Classic is now available on the Pixi? I'm waiting to get a Pixi for my wife, but she really needs Classic for her medical apps on a day-to-day basis.

This is great news. If so, does anyone have any screenshots of the button layout on a Pixi screen?

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    downloaded pixi version of classic and works. The button layout is different
    and takes some getting use to, but it works. The download was also free and it did not say anything about a trial version or having to pay after a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by ETjumps View Post
    downloaded pixi version of classic and works. The button layout is different
    and takes some getting use to, but it works. The download was also free and it did not say anything about a trial version or having to pay after a few days.
    I am planning on putting to pasture my old 680 and buying a Pixi, but need Classic badly.

Does this post mean that problems Pixi/Classic are over?
    CHARCAPE
    HP200LX (6 years, excellent) - Treo 180 - Tungsten E - Treo 680
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    works great on mine, just gotta get used to the modified keys at bottom
    but it works
  8.    #8  
    Works great. I actually like the bottom keys better. Wish they were this way on the Pre too.
    Thanks for all the reports. Would anybody be nice enough to attach a picture of the new button layout?
    Here they are
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by draven76 View Post
    Wow, does this mean that Classic is now available on the Pixi? I'm waiting to get a Pixi for my wife, but she really needs Classic for her medical apps on a day-to-day basis.

This is great news. If so, does anyone have any screenshots of the button layout on a Pixi screen?

Thanks in advance.
    They are in the post below. Hope mrs will like Classic on Pixi!
    Follow us on Twitter

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Will the new button layout that's available for the Pixie be available for the Pre as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharper View Post
    Will the new button layout that's available for the Pixie be available for the Pre as well?
    This is not likely to happen, but we will consider it. Why would you prefer this "look" compared to what you have on your Pre phone?
    Follow us on Twitter

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I would only prefer the Pixie "look" because it seemingly takes up less screen real estate. Ultimately, I would prefer (true full screen) Classic on the Pre without the present UI that uses most of the bottom screen. I hope that MotionApps will address this in the next update and in the very near future. Thank you for asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    They are in the post below. Hope mrs will like Classic on Pixi!
    Thanks a lot. With this and the pink back cover, she'll be ecstatic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharper View Post
    I would only prefer the Pixie "look" because it seemingly takes up less screen real estate. Ultimately, I would prefer (true full screen) Classic on the Pre without the present UI that uses most of the bottom screen. I hope that MotionApps will address this in the next update and in the very near future. Thank you for asking.
    This would be very hard and very expensive. I would say impossible but everything's possible if you throw enough money at it.

Garnet is coded to run at 320x320. To the best of my knowledge there has never been a version of Garnet that ran at 320x400. In order to do what you say MotionApps would have code their own version of Garnet from the ground up. That could take years.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by draven76 View Post
    Thanks a lot. With this and the pink back cover, she'll be ecstatic!
    LOL

(does this mean we can now ask her for free medical advices?)
    Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    This is not likely to happen, but we will consider it. Why would you prefer this "look" compared to what you have on your Pre phone?
    As a Pre users, the only 'problem' I have with the original Classic layout is that up/down on the 5-way button can be a bit hit and miss. Somtimes I end up hitting the bit above/below the 5-way and get sent off to whatever that other key launches.

The/your alternate I use a lot is the T/B letter along with the Guesture hold, but this means slding out the keyboard.

So if there was a way to alternate on the Pre between classic 'Classic' and Pixi 'Classic', that would be useful

Also, I find it difficult to remember your key combinations, for the above:
    . T
    D space K
    . B

(Edit. Dots above to try and help the layout)

Could I suggest you think about the BellTime v1.5 layout which is easy to remember:

. I
    J K L
    . M

Food for thought perhaps?
    Last edited by ChasT; 01/11/2010 at 09:51 AM.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    This would be very hard and very expensive. I would say impossible but everything's possible if you throw enough money at it.

Garnet is coded to run at 320x320. To the best of my knowledge there has never been a version of Garnet that ran at 320x400. In order to do what you say MotionApps would have code their own version of Garnet from the ground up. That could take years.

I would love for MotionApps to answer how hard and how expensive. This subject is addressed in the forum "Classic - destination or transition" quite extensively with MotionApps asking would Pre owners be willing to pay extra for full screen UI. Mostly all who contributed to that forum responded that full screen Classic is highly desired and that owners would be willing to pay more.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Not entirely true. There were versions of Garnet that supported higher resolutions than 320x320, they weren't smartphones though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast