1.    #1  
    They announced today that the iPhone app is now available, but in the same article mention that it's also coming to Blackberry and webOS before CES!

I guess it's another app to look forward too? I'd love to see more bigger companies stepping into the webOS realm, like TV Guide, or a nice DirecTV app that lets you manage your DVR. They did it for the iPhone, hopefully for us too?

Engadget for iPhone / iPod touch: available now! -- Engadget
    post already exists please do a search before making reposts
    Thanks for posting anyhow really didn't think to look for such a topic...Thanks!!!!
    Yea, there was a post a week or so back, in the meantime we're gonna have to stick with Engadget for Mobile
    ok so.... i guess crow is for dinner tonight. i thought this was a stupid idea and completely worthless. i was wrong. this app is quite possibly better than their site.
    Palm prē-ist.
    Just downloaded it and it is a pretty slick app for reading engadget.
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    ok so.... i guess crow is for dinner tonight. i thought this was a stupid idea and completely worthless. i was wrong. this app is quite possibly better than their site.
    Yes you are right...the app is much better then their website and I love it alot.

I love their app and my Pre...it is truly Indispensable and makes everything else Else...
  8.    #8  
    Only thing negative I noticed about it is that they don't seem to keep it as up to date as the site. There are two stories now that are on the site that the App doesn't see yet. They better start a quicker refresh cycle for the app, who wants to read old news, especially with all the excitement of CES coming up!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    post already exists please do a search before making reposts
    This particular forum doesn't exactly move at break neck pace unlike the Pre forum, so after scanning through the first page and not seeing anything about something that was fairly new, I pulled the trigger and posted.

I have been around the block, I know how things work around here.
    anyone else not able to change page on comments within the engadget app?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    anyone else not able to change page on comments within the engadget app?
    Yeah I think this is a known issue. You also can't reply to a specific comment.

They also need to adapt video clips to be accessed on the Pre. The Engadget Show is accessible so I figure the clips in articles would be accessible too.
  12.    #12  
    It also doesn't keep up with the articles compared to the actual website. Quite a few articles that have been on the site are not shown in the app. What's the point of reading old news or even missing some of it?
    for articles that are multiple pages (ie, the nexus page), how do you read the full article in the app after the initial few paragraphs...can't figure out how to go to the next page..
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    It also doesn't keep up with the articles compared to the actual website. Quite a few articles that have been on the site are not shown in the app. What's the point of reading old news or even missing some of it?
    The problem is that the application doesn't auto refresh. What I do is move to another tab then move back. That forces a refresh and brings up the new articles.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
    The problem is that the application doesn't auto refresh. What I do is move to another tab then move back. That forces a refresh and brings up the new articles.
    I did that...it's still missing stories. Oh well... I am sure there will be an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    for articles that are multiple pages (ie, the nexus page), how do you read the full article in the app after the initial few paragraphs...can't figure out how to go to the next page..
    anybody?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    anybody?
    Are you talking about the review story? It was one long page for me.