webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Shopping Manager
Shopping Manager
Like Tree2Likes

Old 12/29/2009, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Description
This program helps you to manage your shopping list. You enter items only once (automatically growing a complete list of your recurring shopping items) and then you can use them each time you plan your shopping tour with just a simple tap. While shopping, another simple tap checks the item you just put in your cart. When you are paying for your items, you can also do a checkout in the program. Items are sorted automatically to optimize planning and shopping.

You can define Shops and Categories to choose from for your items. Also, you can enter name, quantity, unit, price, aisle, notes, tax, priority and coupon.

Items can be imported from text files or clipboard and exported to the clipboard or as email. You can also send the list by email or SMS.

The item list can be configured to display more or less details, display text in different colors and font sizes, use complex sorting and more. You can filter the list by Shop, Category and search in the item names. The cost for your shopping tour is being calculated automatically.

If you know HandyShopper on PalmOS, you should have no problems using Shopping Manager for webOS.

Basic Usage
  1. select the 'All' mode by tapping on the memo pad
  2. tap the ball on the left of needed items or create new items with the '+' button
  3. select the 'Needed' mode by tapping on the shopping cart and go shopping
  4. tap on items that you put in your cart
  5. pay
  6. tap the door button for checkout

For further instructions, please visit the beta page on our web site.

The program has been submitted to PreCentral as beta version with time limit.

PreCentral Homepage: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...g-manager-beta

Changelog:
http://software.vivalv.de/Template:S...ManagerHistory

Last edited by sidamos; 02/15/2012 at 01:10 AM.
sidamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/2009, 10:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Can you import handy shopping lists.

Browser Mega Mix|Email Mega Mix|Additional Sync Days|
Disable Various Phone Sounds|Priority Discard Buttons|

mamouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2009, 03:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yes, although a little bit complicated:
  • export your HandyShopper list (items only) to memo pad
  • do a hotsync
  • copy the content of the memo from Palm Desktop to an editor (Notepad for example) and save as somename.txt
  • copy that file to your Pre over USB
  • import the list into Shopping Manager.

This way, you will have your items transferred, but not your categories.

Last edited by sidamos; 12/30/2009 at 04:43 AM.
Old 12/30/2009, 04:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
m-s

The thing with the time limit versions is not very nice. I have 50 items or more in an of time ShoppingList and the release is only in englisch App Catalog so german User can't use.
What do you plan with your app, only us or geman too?

Markus
m-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2009, 04:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

I am aware of the problem and we will find a solution for non-US users, if their App Catalogs will not allow paid apps soon.

I did not like the alternatives: Less features or nag dialog boxes.
Old 12/30/2009, 05:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

Nice app, but Shopping List did the trick better for me. Although now unavailable.

What I would love to see:
- Multiple lists (not just categories)
- When in Needed view, the add item should create the item as needed (which didn't work for me)
spud101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2009, 05:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
m-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
I am aware of the problem and we will find a solution for non-US users, if their App Catalogs will not allow paid apps soon.

I did not like the alternatives: Less features or nag dialog boxes.
OK very nice. So I'll test your software and hope I can import hundredes of HandyShopper items in many lists.

markus
Old 12/30/2009, 05:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
Nice app, but Shopping List did the trick better for me. Although now unavailable.

What I would love to see:
- Multiple lists (not just categories)
- When in Needed view, the add item should create the item as needed (which didn't work for me)
Multiple lists: Thinking about it.

Add item always creates an item as needed, if you alter the quantity to be greater than zero. But good idea, to do that automatically, when in Needed view.
Old 12/30/2009, 06:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
m-s

Here the import dosn't work.
I copy the txt file in the root of USB Drive and see only a wait circle on palm while "import".
Here is a peace of the txt file:
Quote:
Database: Musik / Film - Film
• 1@ Das Leben der Anderen
• 1@ Der Schlafwandler
I try ISO and UTF. Its the same. Nothing work.

markus
Old 12/30/2009, 06:59 AM   #10 (permalink)

Sorry, I was not precise about the import.

The requirement is a list that only has the item names.

So, for HandyShopper, please only export the item names, not quantity or any optional fields and choose "-" as seperator.

Then, when you have the list in Notepad, delete the Database name line and globally replace "- " with nothing, so that only the item names rename.

If you used Notepad, then ISO would be the correct encoding.
Old 12/30/2009, 09:53 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
Multiple lists: Thinking about it.

Add item always creates an item as needed, if you alter the quantity to be greater than zero. But good idea, to do that automatically, when in Needed view.
I'm not sure that's the problem the poster was referring to. What I run into is this:

When I am in the item creation screen, and I have written down one item and tap "OK," I get the item confirmation at the bottom of the screen (which I really like). That works properly. It's just adding additional items creates an error message for me if I don't back out to the list and go back into the add screen.

Here's what happens:

1. I hit add item (plus sign)
2. I write my item (e.g., "batteries")
3. I tap OK and it tells me "new item saved" and the name line clears out just like it's supposed to.
4. I write a new item (e.g., "juice") without changing the amount
5. I get an "exception occurred" error. (TypeError: Object 1 has no method 'replace')

If I don't put in any amount at all, then I don't get this. If I write a new amount that is the same as the old amount, I get that error. I'd like to be able to enter 1 unit of juice and then one unit of litter without backing out, for example.

However, this is a great program for me for one reason - nobody else has copied Handyshopper's "checkout" button as yet, either meaning I have to make a whole new list or delete items individually. This is great so far.

One feature request so far:
1. Larger and/or different color fonts (anything other than red)

thanks!
autochef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2009, 10:02 AM   #12 (permalink)

This looks great. It would be nice if you could assign an item to multiple stores. For example, when I need milk, I could get it from Kroger's, Walmart, or BJs.

Also, it would be nice to assign aisles to items per store. For example, coffee is on aisle 5 at Kroger's, but it's on aisle 10 at Walmart. Sorting by ailse would also help when shopping.
crgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2009, 10:46 AM   #13 (permalink)

Aisle assignment was my default sort method with Handyshopper. That's really the only missing piece for my needs.
DigitalNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2009, 11:15 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by autochef View Post

1. I hit add item (plus sign)
2. I write my item (e.g., "batteries")
3. I tap OK and it tells me "new item saved" and the name line clears out just like it's supposed to.
4. I write a new item (e.g., "juice") without changing the amount
5. I get an "exception occurred" error. (TypeError: Object 1 has no method 'replace')

One feature request so far:
1. Larger and/or different color fonts (anything other than red)
Got it! Will be fixed shortly. Thanks for the detailed steps. Configurable fonts or colors is noted.
Old 12/30/2009, 11:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crgunn View Post
This looks great. It would be nice if you could assign an item to multiple stores. For example, when I need milk, I could get it from Kroger's, Walmart, or BJs.

Also, it would be nice to assign aisles to items per store. For example, coffee is on aisle 5 at Kroger's, but it's on aisle 10 at Walmart. Sorting by ailse would also help when shopping.
Multiple shops per item sounds like an interesting idea, but I cannot promise that soon.
Old 12/30/2009, 11:19 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalNight View Post
Aisle assignment was my default sort method with Handyshopper. That's really the only missing piece for my needs.
Thanks. Noted. In the meantime, maybe you can workaround this by using Categories?
Old 12/30/2009, 11:51 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crgunn View Post

I always liked splashshopper because I could assign multiple stores to an item and list the price at each store.
N2HPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2009, 12:12 PM   #18 (permalink)

Nice app. Fairly close to Handy Shopper. Here are some suggestions for future versions (in my order of preference).

1) Ability to send select items via SMS.
2) An option to add notes for an item.
3) Export option.
4) When searching the list by the filter, have the filter reset after an item is checked (so you can quickly start filtering on another item).
5) Put a checkout button on the main screen on the bottom.
6) Include a "best buy" utility like Handy Shopper.
7) List management on the web.
8) Sort options.

And one "bug" I found. I see that you check anywhere on an item (not just on the box) when checking off an item. I like that. But it doesn't work when adding an item to the list (items with a red dot).

Thanks
RCJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2009, 12:19 PM   #19 (permalink)

Great app, sidamos.
I've really missed HandyShopper from my Treo 650.
This is perfect. Will gladly pay for finished app. Thank you.
rredinbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2009, 04:33 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJH View Post
Nice app. Fairly close to Handy Shopper. Here are some suggestions for future versions (in my order of preference).

1) Ability to send select items via SMS.
2) An option to add notes for an item.
3) Export option.
4) When searching the list by the filter, have the filter reset after an item is checked (so you can quickly start filtering on another item).
5) Put a checkout button on the main screen on the bottom.
6) Include a "best buy" utility like Handy Shopper.
7) List management on the web.
8) Sort options.

And one "bug" I found. I see that you check anywhere on an item (not just on the box) when checking off an item. I like that. But it doesn't work when adding an item to the list (items with a red dot).

Thanks
Wow, thanks for the good suggestions!

BTW, that bug is not a bug, it's by intention. When planning the shopping, I would not like to accidentally mark an item as needed.

Tags
shopping list

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0