Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdkobes View Post
    Love the program! I am in Canada and my version (1.1.1) expires 15/03/10. Is there going to be an update to allow us to use the program? I am more then willing to pay (whenever we are able
    Thanks.
    Don't worry, there will be a solution. We are in the same boat here, regarding no paid apps in the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Can we get an option for sorting by aisle, descending?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Noted as enhancement request.
    Is there a way to export/import with google docs? I really need to reset my phone but don't want to lose my list.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    There is no integration with Google Docs (yet).

There are 2 possibilities to backup your data:

Export as Email and mail to yourself. Later you can copy the text from that mail and import from clipboard. Of course, that mail should live on some server (Google Mail for example).

Backup .app-storage directory on the USB/media partition. You should do that probably anyway, if you want to reset your phone. Please see here:
    Shoppingmanager/english - VivaLV-Software
    Thanks for a great program and so many enhancements! Here's a feature request.

Sometimes I want to skip an item and get it on the next visit. Easy enough for one item or on a short list, but on a long list or when skipping multiple items it would be great to be able to mark these items as "save for next visit" (or whatever) and have them sort to the bottom to get them out of the way, just like checked off items. Then on checkout the item would be restored to "needed" status.

I've experimented with this by changing the item's priority and with the right sort settings it works, but it takes a lot of taps per item and then each has to be re prioritized later. One thought would be to add this option to the quantity selection menu for easy access when shopping.
    Thanks for the great app and consistent improvements! Here's an idea for a future version:

Often when shopping I decide to skip getting certain items but want to keep them on the list for next time. For just a couple items or a short list this is easy. But for longer lists, or a lot of skipped items, it wastes time to have to keep looking at the skipped items.

It would be great to be able to mark an item for "next visit" and have it sort to the bottom of the list just like a checked off item. Then on checkout these next visit items would get returned to needed status on the list.

I've experimented with this by changing the item's priority and with the right sort settings it works, but it takes a lot of taps per item and then each has to be re prioritized later. One thought would be to add this option to the quantity selection menu for easy access when shopping.

Thanks!
    Last edited by geoffmcq; 03/07/2010 at 10:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Thanks, noted as feature request.
    I'm in Europe, I just updated to 1.1.1 and it still says "This beta version has expired. Thanks for testing". I thought it was supposed to work until 15/03 ?
    I'm tired of having to update it every 2 weeks and now it's not even working anymore...
    Couldn't you at least allow limited functionality (read-only, or better disable adding new items) instead for just blocking the app?
    I also thought the app store would be unlocked for European users in March, we're in March and nothing changed...
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    It depends on your locale settings. If you do NOT use en_US, then it works until 15th. Before that, we will have a new beta.

European App Catalog is supposed to have paid Apps before the end of march. We'll see.
    Wow... I changed to en_GB and it works, but this isn't good.

Allowing access based on regional settings is obviously a bad idea, because regional settings are a matter of user preferences, and they are not what the app catalog uses to determine what region you're in (otherwise it would be too easy!).

Why would you want to do that anyway?? To force US users to buy the full version?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Of course, this is not free software after all.

Extending the beta expire date for non-US users was only a courtesy for the users, to get around Palm's App Catalog policy.

I know that this is not a "good" solution, but it will resolve itself shortly, I hope.
    Again, I suggest that instead of blocking access it switches into read-only or limited mode after trial has ended. Nothing more frustrating than not being able to access your data at all.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    OK, noted.
    I have the beta version that has expired. I just bought the paid version. How can I get my beta data to the production version?
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    I have the beta version that has expired. I just bought the paid version. How can I get my beta data to the production version?
    Nevermind, I figured it out.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I have uploaded 1.1.2 beta to PreCentral. The only change is the extended expiration date for non-US users, because it would have expired tomorrow.

Real (big) update is on its way and coming soon.
    Many items on my list are bought in a typical quantity. It appears that every time I switch an item from not needed to needed, the quantity is set to 1. Could you add an option to keep the quantity for items as they transition between needed and not needed and back again? I almost always buy each item in the same quantity every time, and many are greater than 1. (Like 1.5 pounds of fresh fish.)

Thanks!
    - Alan
    Palm III, Palm Vx, Palm TX, Palm Pre (Sprint), Palm Pre3(AT&T/ebay)
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    The "standard quantity" feature (I think, that's what you would like) is on the todo list. But I can't say, when it will be implemented.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I just uploaded the big update (1.2.0 beta) to PreCentral!

Changes:
    * multiple databases
    * alternative shops (multiple shops per item)
    * virtual categories (multiple categories per item, can be used as templates)
    * actions (assign, change, copy, move, delete with multiple items)
    * standard quantity
    * check-sensitivity configurable (complete row, left third, checkbox only)
    * correct sorting of all foreign language characters
    * comma works with NumLock

The docs will be finished soon. Until then, some words of explanation:

Not much to say about multiple databases, I guess. ;-)

Items now have a standard or base shop with standard price and aisle. You can add as many additional (alternative) shops as you wish. Each alternative shop can use the standard price and aisle or have a different price or aisle. When you filter by All Shops in the main screen, the shop with the best price will be displayed for each item.

Maybe you wonder, who needs more than one category for an item. A tomato is a vegetable, right? You can use virtual categories to group items, or you can see it as template. For example, you can have a category "Pizza" and assign it to tomatos, mushrooms, etc. Then, when you plan your shopping and want to buy stuff for Pizza, you filter by Pizza and mark all as needed.

Actions can be invoked on the items, that you currently see. So, you can first filter them and then invoke an action. After you choose the action, you can mark the items, that you want to act on.

You can assign alternative shops and virtual categories in the edit item screen or with actions. However, you cannot change price or aisle for alternative shops with actions.

You can transfer your items from the release version to the beta version via export/import (clipboard) or by copying the db, as explained here: Shoppingmanager/english - VivaLV-Software
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast