Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donfergusonjr View Post
    One request: after I type in some text and select an item, the program returns to the regular ALL screen. This is nice, unless I need, for instance, to buy three different kinds of light bulbs. Then I have to type in the search text three times. Handyshopper leaves the text search in place after an item is checked, but allows me to start typing a new search without manually clearing the first one. This would make it easier to select multiple items with one search. I like the current behavior visually, and it's more intuitive, but practically the way Handyshopper does it is more efficient. Perhaps a configurable option?
    I personally agree with you, however there were more requests to make it the way it is now. So perhaps, this should be an option.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    OK, another request - can the name of the item be allowed to wrap in the display? I'd like to see the whole thing!
    Automatic wrapping would be possible to enable, however it does not always work perfectly and sometimes wraps, when I would not need it to recognize the name.

What about this: Enable multi-line item names in preferences and press enter, where YOU want.
    One request: after I type in some text and select an item, the program returns to the regular ALL screen. This is nice, unless I need, for instance, to buy three different kinds of light bulbs. Then I have to type in the search text three times. Handyshopper leaves the text search in place after an item is checked, but allows me to start typing a new search without manually clearing the first one. This would make it easier to select multiple items with one search. I like the current behavior visually, and it's more intuitive, but practically the way Handyshopper does it is more efficient. Perhaps a configurable option?

Thanks!
    Don
    I also vote for an option to allow the search text to survive an item selection. I used this feature often in handyshopper. in particular, I could select an item first, then change the quantity second. as it works now, I better make changes to an item first, because it's not on-screen once I select it.

After importing my handyshopper data, I did my first 3 store shopping trip today. i am now stopping use of handyshopper and leaving my trusty old TX at home.

I would also add a vote for multiple stores per item as a highly desired future enhancement.

Thanks for a great application!
    - Alan
    Palm III, Palm Vx, Palm TX, Palm Pre (Sprint), Palm Pre3(AT&T/ebay)
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alangant View Post
    I also vote for an option to allow the search text to survive an item selection. I used this feature often in handyshopper. in particular, I could select an item first, then change the quantity second. as it works now, I better make changes to an item first, because it's not on-screen once I select it.

After importing my handyshopper data, I did my first 3 store shopping trip today. i am now stopping use of handyshopper and leaving my trusty old TX at home.

I would also add a vote for multiple stores per item as a highly desired future enhancement.

Thanks for a great application!
    Thanks. Both of your wishes is on the list for the next big update.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    To make it a more complete replacement for HandyShopper it needs to auto calc the unit cost field. It only does this on data entry/modification when both the Cost and Unit are entered. That means that there is no calc for the unit cost except when both Cost and Unit are entered and the second one of the pair is entered or changed.

Chris uses some simple an ingenious logic to handle the the Unit Cost calc. Normally you have a Unit entry like "12 oz". To extract the numeric part for the calc he simply starts looking at the first character of Unit. If the first character is numeric, he looks at the next character and so on until he finds a blank. So the numeric part of Unit is the portion before the first blank. The numeric portion of Unit is divided into the Cost to calc the Unit Cost.

I like Shopping Manager and I bought it, but now that Classic is stable, I will continue to use HandyShopper until someone uses Chris' method to calc Unit Cost.

Now that you have multiple stores, isles, and cost in the works, I'm waiting for Unit Cost.

Thanks
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Thanks, noted the request for Unit Cost.

Version 1.1.0 is now available in the US App Catalog.
    I have used HandyShpr on my TX for years - one of several reasons I still carry it with me. When I first looked at Shopping Manager I thought, why bother. But after reading this thread and seeing how thoroughly you have accommodated feature requests and after playing with the demo for a while - I can see that this is on its way to replacing HS. A couple of things that would be useful [much of it echoing other requests]:

1. Multiple stores per item would be a big plus, but I could manage without it.

2. Multiple databases is a must, but they would each need their own set of preferences. Some of my lists are more of a kind of to do list that don't need pricing and other options shown that I may need in my shopping lists. [Yes I know there is a native todo list but HS was always more robust for some purposes]

3. I see you have enabled the multi-line name feature, but only with a manual return. How about an option for wrapping long lines? Could both options be available?

4. I would also like to see the surviving search text - that was a great feature in HS.

3. One of the biggest features and advantages of webOS is its ability to share information. It would be great to have some way to access the database on other platforms - like on a PC. I'm not necessarily talking about a full synergy type sync feature [although that would be awesome], but some fairly direct way to work with the data away from the phone. Import/export is getting there, but still a little cumbersome. Perhaps an option to save directly to a .csv file with headers so it could be easily accessed and edited with excel. Maybe even a desktop companion program that could edit the data. I know this is pretty far reaching and HS never really handled this issue well either, but I thought I would put it out on the table.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    1. Next big update.
    2. Next big update, including prefs per database.
    3. Next update.
    4. Next update.
    5. Unfortunately, webOS does not allow writing to the media partition (unbelievable, but true). We are thinking of other options and a desktop companion program may be the answer.
    That all sounds great [except not being able to write to the media partition - that's bizarre - do you think a webOS update would ever change that?]. Looking forward to the updates.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    That all sounds great [except not being able to write to the media partition - that's bizarre - do you think a webOS update would ever change that?]. Looking forward to the updates.
    I surely hope, that Palm will allow that in the future.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Is there a new beta version being released? Mine expired today.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N2HPZ View Post
    Is there a new beta version being released? Mine expired today.
    1.1.0 is available in the App Catalog for users from USA. If you want to do further testing, you could use the 1.1.0 demo from the Palm Web Distribution Channel.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I just uploaded 1.1.1 beta to PreCentral.

Changes:
    * tax can be a decimal number
    * option for wrapping of long item names
    * option to not delete the filter on selection
    * allow negative prices
    Another feature that would be tremendously helpful - the ability to copy an existing item to create a new item. For example if I have an entry for "red grapes" and I want one for "green grapes" and everything else is pretty much the same I'd like to copy "red grapes" and just have to change red to green.

If this is possible in the current version, I haven't seen it. If it's there perhaps someone could direct me to it.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Copying is not there, yet. But this will likely be part of the multiple databases feature. In this case, you will just copy to the same database.
    Thanks for the rapid updates! I have feedback on an error message, and a suggestion for change to a new feature.

When I add a new item, or edit an existing item, sometimes I get an error message:
    MainAssistant.errorHandler(): DB error: disk I/O error/1
    When selecting 2 items as needed.
    Let me know if you would like further information on this condition.

Also, thanks for the ability to retain the search string after an item has been selected. I would prefer it to behave differently in one respect. Can you leave the entire search string selected until I edit or delete the string? It does stay highlighted sometimes, but usually not. In the normal case, I am processing multiple items with that string active. Once I am ready to move on, it would be great if a single backspace character deleted the entire string, giving my back my entire list.
    - Alan
    Palm III, Palm Vx, Palm TX, Palm Pre (Sprint), Palm Pre3(AT&T/ebay)
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Yes, I would like to have detailed steps for the error message, please.

The only disk I/O error we had once, was because of a full USB partition.

Regarding the highlighting of the text in the search field: This is not under our control. It's handled by webOS. This may be solvable in a future version, if we handle the search field by ourselves.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I saw disk i/o errors, in Pocket Mirror, yesterday, when trying to sync.

A Luna restart cleared the issue.

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Shopping Manager 1.1.1 is available in the US App Catalog.

If you like it, please rate it or even review it. Thanks!
    Love the program! I am in Canada and my version (1.1.1) expires 15/03/10. Is there going to be an update to allow us to use the program? I am more then willing to pay (whenever we are able
    Thanks.
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast