Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 490
Like Tree3Likes
  1. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by donfergusonjr View Post
    Hi! I wanted to try out Shopping Manager, but have a problem. I'm running Handyshopper under Classic. I can export the list to a memo, but have no idea how to then get at the contents of that memo.
    That's a problem, because Classic and webOS do not share the clipboard.

    Since the HandyShopper export format anyway would only be suitable fot items only (it does not export categories and the export format is a bit strange), you should transfer the HandyShopper .pdb file to your PC. Either by HotSync or by copying it from the Pre's USB media partition. You should be able to copy the file in Classic from internal to external memory (media partition) with filez or something similar. Then, on the PC you could use HS2Edit to convert the .pdb to a .csv file and then copy that back to the media partition and import into Shopping Manager from there.

    Quote Originally Posted by donfergusonjr View Post
    I wonder, as a second and probably longer term question, why you don't allow importing data in the same format as you export to email now. Seems that would allow me to import all the informatio I need, in particular the aisle number for each item, and not have to go set that manually for over 400 items.
    Next version (currently in beta) exports and imports everything. At the moment, all fields have to be filled when importing, but in the next beta, empty fields are allowed, which will result in default values.
  2. #122  
    Thanks! I think I'll wait to be able to import everything. I have about 500 items and they're all assigned aisle numbers. That would take a long time to put in manually, especially since I HAVE that info!

    This will be fun! How long until I can import everthing? (just an idea - I won't hold you to it). I would like to ditch Classic, and Handyshopper is the only reason I have it!

    Thanks,
    Don
  3. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #123  
    If you don't need multiple shops per item, you should be able to import everything with 1.0.5 beta (coming very soon to PreCentral) or 1.1.0 final (in the App Catalog in a short while). Of course, you need to use the correct format, as described in the docs.
  4. #124  
    I am looking to convert from handyshopper. I have 18 different databases in HS including movies, books, music, packing list for traveling, gift ideas, etc. Do I need to import each database separately?

    This app looks great and I will gladly pay for it.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  5. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I am looking to convert from handyshopper. I have 18 different databases in HS including movies, books, music, packing list for traveling, gift ideas, etc. Do I need to import each database separately?

    This app looks great and I will gladly pay for it.
    In the current beta and the upcoming 1.1.0 release, only 1 database is possible. You would have to simulate multiple databases with different shops or categories. I would suggest you wait until after 1.1.0, when we support multiple databases.
  6. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by alangant View Post
    I sent my import dataset by email for your examination.
    I uploaded 1.0.5 beta to PreCentral, which can import your dataset. There are only 3 minor things:
    - some item names start with space (maybe by intention)
    - some item names are duplicates
    - multi-line note must be inside "" to be imported correctly

    Thanks again for providing your data for testing.

    1.0.5 changes: http://software.vivalv.de/Template:S...ManagerHistory
    Last edited by sidamos; 01/30/2010 at 03:35 PM.
  7. #127  
    I updated to 1.0.5 through fileCoaster, it said "install failed" but apparently v1.0.5 is installed anyway. The only problem is that I lost my previous list... is that normal?
  8. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by olivier101 View Post
    I updated to 1.0.5 through fileCoaster, it said "install failed" but apparently v1.0.5 is installed anyway. The only problem is that I lost my previous list... is that normal?
    Definitely not. :-(

    This sounds like a bug in webOS or fileCoaster, because I have updated lots of times from older versions to newer versions.

    Which version did you have before?
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Definitely not. :-(

    This sounds like a bug in webOS or fileCoaster, because I have updated lots of times from older versions to newer versions.

    Which version did you have before?
    It was the last beta before you released 1.0.0, the one that expired today

    But I just realized that the old version is still there, but it's named "Shopping Manager" while the new one is named "Shopping Manager Beta"...
    My old list is still there because I can see it when I launch the old version, but i can't access it because the time limit has expired.

    Is there a way I can copy my old list from the old version to the new?
  10. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #130  
    Ah, that explains it. The newer betas have a new app id.

    You can copy the .db file on the USB partition inside directory

    .app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.de.vivalv.software.shoppingmanager_0

    to

    .app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.de.vivalv.software.shoppingmanagerbeta_0

    You have to rename it in the destination folder like the one that is already there, so that it replaces the one there.
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Ah, that explains it. The newer betas have a new app id.

    You can copy the .db file on the USB partition inside directory

    .app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.de.vivalv.software.shoppingmanager_0

    to

    .app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.de.vivalv.software.shoppingmanagerbeta_0

    You have to rename it in the destination folder like the one that is already there, so that it replaces the one there.
    That did the trick. I got a message "database too old" and then it was converted without a problem.

    Thanks !
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    I uploaded 1.0.5 beta to PreCentral, which can import your dataset. There are only 3 minor things:
    - some item names start with space (maybe by intention)
    - some item names are duplicates
    - multi-line note must be inside "" to be imported correctly

    Thanks again for providing your data for testing.

    1.0.5 changes: Template:ShoppingManagerHistory - VivaLV-Software
    With a few minor tweaks to my handyshopper data (over 1000 items), such as restricting each item to only one store, I successfully imported the entire list. It even handled many items with no values in most of the fields. Great work on the import feature. I think I will dual-run Shopping Manager with handyshopper (my 10-year-old daughter will handle the old PalmOS list), to see how they compare.

    Thanks very much!
    - Alan
    Palm III, Palm Vx, Palm TX, Palm Pre (Sprint), Palm Pre3(AT&T/ebay)
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    If you don't need multiple shops per item, you should be able to import everything with 1.0.5 beta (coming very soon to PreCentral) or 1.1.0 final (in the App Catalog in a short while). Of course, you need to use the correct format, as described in the docs.
    Great news! I can live without importing multiple shops per item, since I do most of my shopping in just one store. I looked at the doc and don't see anything about importing aisle numbers.

    Shoppingmanager/english - VivaLV-Software

    Can you point me to the right place?

    Thanks!
    Don
  14. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #134  
  15. #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    FYI, it is very hard to find the beta docs on your Wiki if you don't have a direct link. You might want to put a top-level link to that page.
    - Alan
    Palm III, Palm Vx, Palm TX, Palm Pre (Sprint), Palm Pre3(AT&T/ebay)
  16. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #136  
    Thanks. Done.
  17. #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Thanks! Silly me, I just went and bought it in the App Catalog, thinking I'd get 1.1. Nope! I guess I'll have to delete 1.0, download the beta from Preware, and then go back to 1.1 when it's available?

    If that's not right, or if there is an easier way, please let me know. I applaud how easy you have made it to import/create/delete/export - all processes work very well, and this is what I've been looking for to be able to get off Classic/Handyshopper!

    Thanks,
    Don
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by donfergusonjr View Post
    Thanks! Silly me, I just went and bought it in the App Catalog, thinking I'd get 1.1. Nope! I guess I'll have to delete 1.0, download the beta from Preware, and then go back to 1.1 when it's available?

    If that's not right, or if there is an easier way, please let me know. I applaud how easy you have made it to import/create/delete/export - all processes work very well, and this is what I've been looking for to be able to get off Classic/Handyshopper!

    Thanks,
    Don
    Keep 1.0 as is. it will get updated to 1.1 when it's available. in the homebrew forum, or via preware, download the beta 1.0.5. it is newer and will become 1.1. they use different databases, so do all your playing in the beta, then read back in this thread to see how to move your database over after 1.1 arrives.
    - Alan
    Palm III, Palm Vx, Palm TX, Palm Pre (Sprint), Palm Pre3(AT&T/ebay)
  19. #139  
    Got it! 1.0.6, even!

    I LOVE THIS! No more Classic! Bye Bye Handyshopper. This is very easy to use, and very customizable. I loved Handyshopper (except for the attitude that came back any time anyone asked for anything new, or for it to work on a new platform), but old style apps under Classic are unweildy at best, and this is so much nicer! Perfect for me. I hope you make a lot of money, and that people recognize that you were first to offer a truly good experience for those converting from Handyshopper.

    One request: after I type in some text and select an item, the program returns to the regular ALL screen. This is nice, unless I need, for instance, to buy three different kinds of light bulbs. Then I have to type in the search text three times. Handyshopper leaves the text search in place after an item is checked, but allows me to start typing a new search without manually clearing the first one. This would make it easier to select multiple items with one search. I like the current behavior visually, and it's more intuitive, but practically the way Handyshopper does it is more efficient. Perhaps a configurable option?

    Thanks!
    Don
  20. #140  
    OK, another request - can the name of the item be allowed to wrap in the display? I'd like to see the whole thing!

    Thanks,
    Don
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions