Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 490
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #81  
    Thought of another suggestion.

    When adding an item, it would be good if were added as needed (with a box) by default. Usually, when I add an item, I need it right away. That way you don't have to hunt for it in the list and check it (or forget to check it and note that it's needed). As you might guess, this is how handy shopper did it.

    Import is still goofy for me. Doesn't always seem to work? Nothing I can repeat though...
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by RCJH View Post
    Thought of another suggestion.

    When adding an item, it would be good if were added as needed (with a box) by default. Usually, when I add an item, I need it right away. That way you don't have to hunt for it in the list and check it (or forget to check it and note that it's needed). As you might guess, this is how handy shopper did it.
    I think when you add an item if you set the quantity to more than 0 it will add it to needed right away.

    Edit: just tested and it does indeed work that way.
  3. #83  
    I used it for the first time shopping today. Sort by aisle worked perfectly. The only problems I ran into was checking off items when I wanted to scroll and the screen turning off. Is there any way to make the checking off work on just the left 2/3 of the screen? And I would love to see a disable screen timeout option - maybe when in Needed view.
  4. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by RCJH View Post
    Thought of another suggestion.

    When adding an item, it would be good if were added as needed (with a box) by default. Usually, when I add an item, I need it right away. That way you don't have to hunt for it in the list and check it (or forget to check it and note that it's needed). As you might guess, this is how handy shopper did it.
    HandyShopper only does that, when you are in Needed mode. And so does Shopping Manager. Or just enter a quantity >0 when creating the new item, as already suggested from someone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by RCJH View Post
    Import is still goofy for me. Doesn't always seem to work? Nothing I can repeat though...
    As soon, as you can repeat it, please report how. Thanks.
  5. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalNight View Post
    I used it for the first time shopping today. Sort by aisle worked perfectly. The only problems I ran into was checking off items when I wanted to scroll and the screen turning off. Is there any way to make the checking off work on just the left 2/3 of the screen? And I would love to see a disable screen timeout option - maybe when in Needed view.
    Checking off too easily can be a problem. But too hard, too. I will think about it.

    Keeping the screen on is noted. Thanks!
  6. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Checking off too easily can be a problem. But too hard, too. I will think about it.

    Keeping the screen on is noted. Thanks!
    I like the idea of keeping the screen on in needed view, but not indefinitely, at full brightness. Is it possible to keep it on in dimmed mode? A configurable timeout would be good.

    FWIW, I had to delete the homebrew version to purchase/download the app from the App Catalog. Palm's servers need Valium or something, they must be really stressed...

    Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  7. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    I like the idea of keeping the screen on in needed view, but not indefinitely, at full brightness. Is it possible to keep it on in dimmed mode? A configurable timeout would be good.
    I don't think keeping it dimmed is possible. The API only allows ignoring the system timeout, so it's always full brightness.

    For implementing our own timeout, we would have to listen to each and every possible event. This could be difficult or possibly slow down the app.

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    FWIW, I had to delete the homebrew version to purchase/download the app from the App Catalog. Palm's servers need Valium or something, they must be really stressed...
    Thanks for letting me know. We have an idea how to prevent future disasters like this.
  8. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    I don't think keeping it dimmed is possible. The API only allows ignoring the system timeout, so it's always full brightness.

    For implementing our own timeout, we would have to listen to each and every possible event. This could be difficult or possibly slow down the app.

    Thanks for letting me know. We have an idea how to prevent future disasters like this.
    Don't you just hate those limited API's?
    Does Palm have an API feature request page similar to the general feedback/feature request one?

    I certainly understand this. Don't won't to slow down the app with code bloat!

    You're most welcome.

    Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  9. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Don't you just hate those limited API's?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Does Palm have an API feature request page similar to the general feedback/feature request one?
    Developers can write feedback/suggestions in a dedicated forum.
  10. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #90  
    There is now a limited demo version of Shopping Manager 1.0.0 available via the Palm Web Channel, for those who don't want to install homebrew apps and still want to try Shopping Manager.

    Shopping Manager Demo

    Edit: The demo is, like the full version, US-only. Non-US versions will be released at PreCentral until all App Catalogs supports paid apps.
    Last edited by sidamos; 01/12/2010 at 10:17 AM.
  11. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #91  
    I just got reports from non-US customers, where webOS 1.3.5 wants to update Shopping Manager 0.2.6 to 1.0.0, but can't, because it is US-only in the App Catalog.

    The result is, that Shopping Manager 0.2.6 does not run anymore.

    If you encounter this and you are non-US, please DO NOT uninstall Shopping Manager 0.2.6 or you will lose your data.

    We will have a solution to that problem shortly and prevent it for the future.

    Thanks and sorry!
  12. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #92  
    OK, here is the solution for those, who don't want or can not update from 0.2.6 to 1.0.0:

    The full and beta versions now have different App IDs. This means, they can be installed side-by-side and do not share data. But you can still (besides the built-in import/export) transfer the data from one version to the other, if the target version has at least the same version number or higher.

    Here is how to migrate from the old 0.2.6 to the "new" 0.2.6 BETA:

    Do NOT uninstall the old 0.2.6, yet. Install the new "Shopping Manager Beta" from PreCentral. As long, as it is not published, here is the direct URL: http://www.precentral.net/sites/prec..._0.2.6_all.ipk
    Start the new 0.2.6 BETA once.

    Connect your device via USB to your PC and navigate to directory .app-storage/file_.var.usr.palm.applications.de.vivalv.software.shoppingmanager_0. If you cannot see the directory .app-storage, you have to enable showing hidden files in Windows Explorer. Inside the directory, you will see a file with ending .db. The name of the file is random. Now copy that file to the directory .app-storage/file_.var.usr.palm.applications.de.vivalv.software.shoppingmanagerbeta_0 and rename it like the existing .db in the target directory.

    That's it. Now you should see your old data in the new beta version. Then you can delete the old "Shopping Manager" and webOS won't bother you anymore to update it.
  13. #93  
    I had the trial version installed. Thought I might change from the app I've been using, so was trying this one out this week. The trial version seems to have disappeared off my phone. I thought it was good until the end of the month. Do you know why this happened or how I can get it back?
  14. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by margitc View Post
    I had the trial version installed. Thought I might change from the app I've been using, so was trying this one out this week. The trial version seems to have disappeared off my phone. I thought it was good until the end of the month. Do you know why this happened or how I can get it back?
    I guess, this is another effect of the collision between 0.2.6 (beta) from PreCentral and 1.0.0 from the App Catalog. Sorry again about that.

    The beta you had was submitted again to PreCentral yesterday under the new name "Shopping Manager Beta" and should appear in PreWare and fileCoaster shortly.

    If you can use WebOSQuickinstall, you can download the file now and install from there:
    http://www.precentral.net/sites/prec..._0.2.6_all.ipk

    Or you can try the 1.0.0 demo version over Palm's Web Distribution Channel. This one has no time limit, but is limited in functionality (only 10 items and no saving of preferences):
    Shopping Manager Demo
  15. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #95  
    Shopping Manager Beta with new App-ID is now officially available at PreCentral.
  16. #96  
    Any chance of export/import functionality as in Handy Shopper? This would allow for importing all details from HS. In addition, it provides a backup method. Exporting only item name is not worth too much. Which app is better to install for trialing, demo from app catalog or the Precentral beta version?
  17. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    Any chance of export/import functionality as in Handy Shopper? This would allow for importing all details from HS. In addition, it provides a backup method. Exporting only item name is not worth too much. Which app is better to install for trialing, demo from app catalog or the Precentral beta version?
    Import/export will be much better than HandyShopper in the next version, coming up shortly. In fact, it also serves as backup/restore, because every detail of an item will be exported/imported.

    The demo from the Palm Web Distribution has no time limit, but can not save Prefs and displays only 10 items. Use this, if you want to try longer.

    The beta from PreCentral is fully functional, but time-limited.

    Both are equal in features to the full version in the App Catalog.

    There will be a new beta very soon. And then it will of course have more functionality than the current demo/release.

    In the future, there will always be a full and demo version with the same feature set (minus some things in the demo).

    And if necessary, there will be time-limited betas for testing new features.
  18. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #98  
    Hi. I have the App Catalog version. Will it coexist peacefully with future beta releases?

    Will they be able to share the same database (or will I be able to finesse it over via novaterm, as I've done before)?

    Or is there a database structure change coming up?

    Thanks and regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  19. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #99  
    All versions (full/demo/beta) will from now on coexist with no problems.

    You can copy the data via novaterm or USB drive from one version to the other, as long as the version number of the target is equal or higher (meaning the db structure is the same). This is true for beta 0.2.6 and full/demo 1.0.0.

    Database structure will most likely not change in 1.1.0.

    From 1.1.0 on, you will also be able to transfer all items with all details from one version to the other via export/import.
  20. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #100  
    @sidamos - Thanks much!

    One more question (for now, anyway ) - multiple shopping lists (weekly, gifts, household, etcetera)?

    Great app!

    Regards,

    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions