Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Units: You see them in the main view, if you enable Price info.
    Ah, I see. I don't use prices, so I have them disabled. I don't like having the price info take up an additional line, though. Would it be possible to perhaps put the units next to the quantity if prices are disabled?

Also, the trip total still shows at the top even if prices are turned off.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    OK, 0.2.6 was submitted as 1.0.0 for review to Palm. Price: $1.49

As soon as 1.0.0 is available in the US App Catalog, there will be a new Trial at PreCentral, which will only work outside of the USA with time limit until march (announced date for payable apps outside of USA), so that non-US residents can still use the app.
    I found a small bug. When entering multiple items WITHOUT returning to the list, the app doesn't remember the category and will use "unfiled" for successive entries. But it does remember the shop. For example:

1) Choose a store and category
    2) Press plus sign to add an item
    3) Press done after entering info for first item
    4) Then enter another item and return to the list
    Only the first item will have the correct category. The others will have "unfiled".

Also, I have a request. Before your final homebrew version expires, it would be great if you could enhance the import/export function to include all the info (shop, category, cost, notes, etc..) for items so that they'll import correctly into the app catalog version. I presume that data won't directly port from the homebrew to app catalog version.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Thanks for the detailed bug report. Fixed it.

If Palm won't complain, then 1.0.0 in the App Catalog is almost exactly identical with 0.2.6 here. So, no problem for your data, if you do NOT uninstall 0.2.6 first.

Also, we will always try to ensure that your data won't be lost during an upgrade.

That said, better import and export (all fields) is high on the todo list for the next version.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I am amazed! After only 2 days, Palm has published Shopping Manager 1.0.0 in the US App Catalog. Thank you, Palm!

And many thanks to all of you who helped testing!

If you download the program (thanks in advance!) and like it, please don't forget to rate it at the App Catalog! :-)

Next version is already under development... ;-)
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Download failed from App Catalog. Other updates have succeeded over the past week. Are you sure we can download the App Catalog version without uninstalling the Homebrew version first?

Also: it doesn't ask for any money.
    Last edited by lordbah; 01/08/2010 at 06:37 PM.
    You can only create an item once. That's part of the philosophy. But you cannot assign it to multiple stores at the moment, sorry.
    Great Job,

I just purchased Shopping Manager this evening and it looks real nice.

I see from your past posts that you plan to include item to multiple stores functionality in the future. Thank you, this is a must have for me. Does this mean items will have be able to have unique prices and aisles for each store as well?

MRH
    Last edited by PrinceMike; 01/08/2010 at 10:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    Download failed from App Catalog. Other updates have succeeded over the past week. Are you sure we can download the App Catalog version without uninstalling the Homebrew version first?

Also: it doesn't ask for any money.
    I am pretty sure, this must be that general problem of webOS 1.3.5 and homebrew apps. I don't have 1.3.5, so I am talking in theory here, but we will get this sorted out.

First, please connect your device via USB to your PC and copy the directory .app-storage to your PC, so you have a backup of your app data. If you don't see the directory under Windows, you have to enable showing of hidden files in Windows Explorer.

Also, to be 1000% safe, please export your items in Shopping Manager.

Now, there are 2 possibilities:

1. Emergency Migration Helper (EMH)
    Although, I am sure, the appinfo file in Shopping Manager is correct, webOS 1.3.5 may have failed to move 0.2.6 to the new app location. This tool from webos internals should fix that. However, it does that for all apps, so there is a risk, I guess. Please see
    http://www.precentral.net/apps-homebrew-and-webos-135

2. Uninstall/reinstall and restoring the database

If you have backed up your data as explained above, there should be no risk uninstalling Shopping Manager 0.2.6 and installing 1.0.0 from the App Catalog. After doing that and running Shopping Manager 1.0.0 for the first time, please connect your device again to your PC and navigate to the directory
    .app-storage/file_.var.usr.palm.applications.de.vivalv.software.shoppingmanager_0
    on both your device and in your previously made backup copy. In that directory, there is the database. It's a file with a random name and ending .db. Mine is for example called 0000000000000043.db.
    Now, with each reinstall, webOS creates a new file name for this db. So, let's say that this file is called x in your backup and y on your Pre now. Then do the following (all inside the Shopping Manager db directory mentioned above!):
    - delete y on your Pre
    - copy x from your backup to your Pre
    - rename x to y on your Pre
    Then disconnect your Pre from USB and start Shopping Manager 1.0.0 again. All your data should be there.

Please let me know, if it works. Sorry about the hassle.
    Last edited by sidamos; 01/09/2010 at 12:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceMike View Post
    Great Job,

I just purchased Shopping Manager this evening and it looks real nice.

I see from your past posts that you plan to include item to multiple stores functionality in the future. Thank you, this is a must have for me. Does this mean items will have be able to have unique prices and aisles for each store as well?
    Yes.
    I, like everyone else, am thrilled that there is a pre version of handyshopper. I thought I was going to have to use the palm classic emulator to keep using such a great shopping program. The only big thing that I'd really like to see is multiple databases/lists. I used handyshopper for my personal shopping and my business supplies shopping list. I'd like to keep that separate so I can still use categories within those lists. May I ask how far down the pipeline that feature is? Thanks
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Thanks for your interest.

At the moment, we are preparing a small update with better import/export, some minor other things and some bugfixes. This should be submitted to Palm early next week.

Multiple databases, multiple shops per item should be in the next big update. I can't really say, how long this will take, but at least as long as Palm needs to review the small update plus the big update. So, this could be at least 2-4 weeks.
    Good to here multiple databases are coming! One suggestion to keep in mind when developing that is to create a function that wiil allow for moving items from one database to another.

I think I already recommended this as well, but being able to make store/category changes to muliple items at once would be good too.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    I am familiar with doing that database dance for another application. But I just ssh in over wifi from my desktop. I do have webOS 1.3.5 and amended the directory for option 2:

cd file_.media.cryptofs.apps
    .usr.palm.applications.de.vivalv.software.shoppingmanager_0

and I saved the database. However, after removing the app from Preware, I still get "Download failed" when trying to download in App Catalog. And it still isn't asking for my Palm Profile password, so I think it's still not asking for money. I rebooted. When I touched the download bar it changed from "Download failed" to "Download for free". When I touched that, it thought about it a while and went back to "Download failed".

I randomly picked a different app from the catalog - a free one - and it downloaded and installed successfully. So it's not a general problem with installing any app.

I went back to Shopping Manager in the catalog and touched that "Download failed" bar again, it briefly said "Canceling" and then "Download for free". I decided to see if restarting in this state would help. After the restart I went back to the catalog and this time it said "Download for $1.49". When touched it prompted for password, charged my credit card, downloaded and installed the app (yay! finally!). When I launched the app, it still had my data. :-) Verified via help menu that I was running 1.0.0.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RCJH View Post
    Good to here multiple databases are coming! One suggestion to keep in mind when developing that is to create a function that wiil allow for moving items from one database to another.

I think I already recommended this as well, but being able to make store/category changes to muliple items at once would be good too.
    Thanks, noted both.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    [...]
    Thanks for explaining in detail the App Catalog problems. I am asking Palm about this.
    I deleted the homebrew version via Preware, then purchased the app. But the app store won't complete the download. It says "downloading" but the progress bar doesn't move. i tried resetting the phone, still doesn't work.

It's not a general App catalog problem, because I could download a free app just fine.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I deleted the homebrew version via Preware, then purchased the app. But the app store won't complete the download. It says "downloading" but the progress bar doesn't move. i tried resetting the phone, still doesn't work.

It's not a general App catalog problem, because I could download a free app just fine.
    This sounds like a different problem. Can you please try the following, while I ask Palm:

- install the homebrew version again
    - uninstall the homebrew version by holding the orange key and tapping the app icon
    - install from App Catalog

If that does not help, maybe try this:
    - use the Emergency Migration Helper (EMH) tool

I am very sorry about those problems. There must be something seriously wrong with the App Catalog. I have also read complains in the Palm developer forums from other developers about install failures of their apps. :-(
    This sounds like a different problem. Can you please try the following, while I ask Palm:

- uninstall the homebrew version by holding the orange key and tapping the app icon
    Thanks, that worked. I should note that previously I was not able to delete the homebrew app by orange-tap, but had to use Preware. Maybe that had something to do with it.
    Any possibility about assigning more than one category to an item?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalNight View Post
    Any possibility about assigning more than one category to an item?
    Not yet, but planned.
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast