Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I have just submitted 0.2.3 to PreCentral.

For changelog, please see 1st post.

Thanks again for testing and feedback!
    Last edited by sidamos; 01/05/2010 at 03:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Hi.

Would it be possible to have the shop, and category pick lists display in alphabetical order?

Can't wait for 1.0!

Thanks and regards,
    -JerryG
    Last edited by JerryG; 01/05/2010 at 08:33 AM. Reason: fix typo
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Would it be possible to have the shop, and category pick lists display in alphabetical order?
    Done in next version.
    I am testing your product out and like it. It says that beta expires soon. Where do I get a non-beta version?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seaus View Post
    I am testing your product out and like it. It says that beta expires soon. Where do I get a non-beta version?
    The newest beta expires at the end of this month. I will submit the app to the App Catalog very soon and if it will not appear there before the end of the month, I will release a new homebrew version with extended expire date. So, don't worry. ;-)
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Done in next version.
    This is like, way too good!

Thanks much!

-Jerryg
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I just submitted 0.2.4 to PreCentral. Changelog, as always, in the 1st post.

English docs at the web site have been updated, too.

If you like the program, please rate it at http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...opping-manager.

This should be the last release candidate before submission to the App Catalog in about 24 hours (if nothing bad happens).

Thanks again for testing and suggestions.
    Some additional thoughts:
    1. Why doesn't tapping the text of an item open it for edition? having the "Edit" option in the same popup list as the quantity is awkward.
    2. Why do I have to confirm my changes by tapping OK? in all native apps, you just make changes and swipe back. If you do that in ShoppingManager, your changes are silently ignored. This is part of webOS UI guidelines.
    3. The item names are truncated even though there is room on the right for more characters. Given the height of en entry, they could also wrap on 2 lines if needed.
    4. At random (?) points in the list there are huge gaps (about 2-3 times the height of a normal item). I haven't been able to link them to anything special in the item above or below it.
    5. accented characters are improperly sorted, for example I have an item starting with E acute which is at the very end of the list
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olivier101 View Post
    Some additional thoughts:
    1. Why doesn't tapping the text of an item open it for edition? having the "Edit" option in the same popup list as the quantity is awkward.
    2. Why do I have to confirm my changes by tapping OK? in all native apps, you just make changes and swipe back. If you do that in ShoppingManager, your changes are silently ignored. This is part of webOS UI guidelines.
    3. The item names are truncated even though there is room on the right for more characters. Given the height of en entry, they could also wrap on 2 lines if needed.
    4. At random (?) points in the list there are huge gaps (about 2-3 times the height of a normal item). I haven't been able to link them to anything special in the item above or below it.
    5. accented characters are improperly sorted, for example I have an item starting with E acute which is at the very end of the list
    1. Because checking/unchecking an item is the action, where you most likely are on the road and maybe have the phone only in one hand, so you need to have the biggest possible space to tap on for that and that is the entire item.
    2. I guess you mean the Edit Item view, because the custom quantity dialog is a dialog, which behaves like all dialogs. Then again, editing contacts also violates the guidelines.
    3. On the right, there is space reserved for the quantity.
    4. Could you provide repro steps, please? Is this happening in 0.2.4 also?
    5. This is a known problem at the moment, sorry.
    Last edited by sidamos; 01/05/2010 at 05:30 PM.
    1. Because checking/unchecking an item is the action, where you most likely are on the road and maybe have the phone only in one hand, so you need to have the biggest possible space to tap on for that and that is the entire item.
    2. I guess you mean the Edit Item view, because the custom quantity dialog is a dialog, which behaves like all dialogs. Then again, editing contacts also violates the guidelines.
    3. On the right, there is space reserved for the quantity.
    4. Could you provide repro steps, please? Is this happening in 0.2.4 also?
    5. This is a known problem at the moment, sorry.
    Thanks for the reply.
    1. I understand why tapping the item doesn't edit it, but a long press on the item could be the trigger for editing an entry (this is also a webOS UI guideline). I still think that the current method is awkward. BTW tapping the item text while the item is "unneeded" (ball) doesn't do anything (you need to tap the ball itself)
    2. Yes I meant edit view.. Editing contacts doesn't violate the guidelines, because swiping back DOES save your changes, just like pressing "done". You should never silently ignore user changes.
    3. When the item is unneeded the qty is not displayed, so why not use this space? Or add an option to not display the qty
    4. It happened with 0.2.4, but I can't reproduce now! I don't know what I did to trigger it, all I can remember is deleting some items. Could it be that this caused the gaps? I noticed the gaps were towards the end of the list while I deleted items near the top.
    Last edited by olivier101; 01/05/2010 at 06:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    This app is looking great. Finally a worthy successor to HandyShopper. I've only run across one issue so far. I don't see how to create an item in two different stores (for example, Milk). So, I try to create the item Milk in each store, but once Milk exists in Store A, the app does not let me create it in Store B. The best solution would be to have the item in multiple stores, but at least I should be able to create it in each store I want.
    First off, great job quickly updating the app for bugs and user suggestions - especially mine ! Sending via SMS works great!

Looks like it wouldn't make the final version, but recall I had an issue with the checkout option checking off all my items, regardless of what store or category they were in. Example: I have items to get for both my "grocery" and "hardware" store categories, but I only want to checkout the items I've just got at the grocery store.

I've thought of what I think would be an easy fix, and that is to add an option in the preferences where only visable items (for the current store/category) are checked off when checking out. Something like: "Checkout only applies to visable items".

Other than that, I think you're there! Well done!!!
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply.
    1. I understand why tapping the item doesn't edit it, but a long press on the item could be the trigger for editing an entry (this is also a webOS UI guideline). I still think that the current method is awkward. BTW tapping the item text while the item is "unneeded" (ball) doesn't do anything (you need to tap the ball itself)
    2. Yes I meant edit view.. Editing contacts doesn't violate the guidelines, because swiping back DOES save your changes, just like pressing "done". You should never silently ignore user changes.
    3. When the item is unneeded the qty is not displayed, so why not use this space? Or add an option to not display the qty
    4. It happened with 0.2.4, but I can't reproduce now! I don't know what I did to trigger it, all I can remember is deleting some items. Could it be that this caused the gaps? I noticed the gaps were towards the end of the list while I deleted items near the top.
    1. IMHO, long tap on the item to edit could be unintuitive. It's right, tapping on the item only checks/unchecks, to make it needed, you have to tap on the ball. That's by intention.
    2. You are correct. But how to cancel then?
    3. OK.
    4. I'll try to reproduce. If you find out how to repro, please write again. Could you please mail me the list to software(at)vivalv.de?

Thanks!
    Last edited by sidamos; 01/06/2010 at 12:14 AM.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    This app is looking great. Finally a worthy successor to HandyShopper. I've only run across one issue so far. I don't see how to create an item in two different stores (for example, Milk). So, I try to create the item Milk in each store, but once Milk exists in Store A, the app does not let me create it in Store B. The best solution would be to have the item in multiple stores, but at least I should be able to create it in each store I want.
    You can only create an item once. That's part of the philosophy. But you cannot assign it to multiple stores at the moment, sorry. To workaround, for the moment, you could create the item twice with slightly changed name.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RCJH View Post
    Looks like it wouldn't make the final version, but recall I had an issue with the checkout option checking off all my items, regardless of what store or category they were in. Example: I have items to get for both my "grocery" and "hardware" store categories, but I only want to checkout the items I've just got at the grocery store.

I've thought of what I think would be an easy fix, and that is to add an option in the preferences where only visable items (for the current store/category) are checked off when checking out. Something like: "Checkout only applies to visable items".

Other than that, I think you're there! Well done!!!
    Thanks! It's right, checkout checks of all items of the current store, regardless of the current category.

If you have "grocery" and "hardware" and you want to checkout them separate, shouldn't that be 2 different stores?

But I can quickly add the option you want anway.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply.
    You are right. Deleting caused the gaps. I was able to reproduce it. Should be fixed in the just uploaded 0.2.5. Thanks!
    Thanks! It's right, checkout checks of all items of the current store, regardless of the current category.

If you have "grocery" and "hardware" and you want to checkout them separate, shouldn't that be 2 different stores?

But I can quickly add the option you want anway.
    Oh! duh! I see now that it works as you say. I should have been more explicit. I was actually just refering to the category (kind of using the app in a backwards way). Still might be nice to add, but I can work with it as is.

Thanks!
    I'm enjoying this app and will befinitely be purchasing a copy when it's available. I do have some suggestions, though.

First, I'd really like to be able to see the units in the main list view. In HandyShopper, I often change the units of things according to what recipes call for, so one trip I might be looking for 14 oz of tomatoes, and another time 2 cups. This is the one thing I still really miss from HandyShopper.

For sorting aisles, the way that would make most sense to me would be to split each aisle into numeric and non-numeric sections, sort the numeric sections numerically and the non-numeric sections by character. If you considered that aisles not starting with a number implicitly start with 0, then that should give a reasonably consistent approach. (I believe this is the way HandyShopper works; I use negative aisle numbers in one store, and HandyShopper treats the dash as a non-numeric, so I get aisles sorted like this: -1A, -1B, -1C, -2A, -2B, 0A, 0B, 1A, 1B.)

It would be nice to have items belong to multiple stores, with per-store aisles and prices, but I see that's not an immediate goal, and I can live without it.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by asciiphil View Post
    First, I'd really like to be able to see the units in the main list view. In HandyShopper, I often change the units of things according to what recipes call for, so one trip I might be looking for 14 oz of tomatoes, and another time 2 cups. This is the one thing I still really miss from HandyShopper.

For sorting aisles, the way that would make most sense to me would be to split each aisle into numeric and non-numeric sections, sort the numeric sections numerically and the non-numeric sections by character. If you considered that aisles not starting with a number implicitly start with 0, then that should give a reasonably consistent approach. (I believe this is the way HandyShopper works; I use negative aisle numbers in one store, and HandyShopper treats the dash as a non-numeric, so I get aisles sorted like this: -1A, -1B, -1C, -2A, -2B, 0A, 0B, 1A, 1B.)

It would be nice to have items belong to multiple stores, with per-store aisles and prices, but I see that's not an immediate goal, and I can live without it.
    Units: You see them in the main view, if you enable Price info.

Sorting of aisles should work the way you want since version 0.2.2.

Items belonging to multiple stores and multiple categories is planned for a future version.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I just submitted 0.2.6 to PreCentral...
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast