Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Exchanging data between 2 devices is actually much easier over Google Docs than via email/clipboard import. You just need a Google account and then it is very simple, I think.
    Thanks - can you let me know when the Google Docs functionality is fixed so I can try it?
    @sidamos Here's a feature I really miss from HandyShopper. Whenever you select a numeric field, instead of just having a number pad, it came up with a basic calculator. This allowed me to do things like what sapwood wants (quick edit of item hit + about & go on)& any needed calculation quickly without leaving the program.

Is this something that would be possible in Shopping Manager?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by apwood View Post
    Have now done so - but it seems to be working now! Presumably a restart of Shopping Manager did the trick!

The application does become unresponsive though after importing - I had to close and restart shopping manager.
    Ok, investigated all this further. The error on importing with the touchpad was caused by excel producing a faulty comma separated file. However after successful import on the touchpad the Import Finished message either does not appear or it does appear but does not disappear when I press OK. Either way, various on screen buttons and menus do not respond to being touched until the app is restarted. This all works correctly on the palm pre-2.

Another problem is that changes to the delimiter via preferences do not survive the app being restarted - this happens on both the touchpad and palm pre-2.

Despite all this the app is well designed - thanks for producing such an excellent app - far better than others I have tested and at a low price. Now purchased for all my webOS devices.
    Last edited by apwood; 10/03/2011 at 03:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Could something like that be considered?
    I will add unnamed impulse buy items to the wish list.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I don't think that works.

An example is buying a jar of coffee that is 200 grams, and comparing with an alternative jar that is 300 grams - to see which is the best buy, and how much better the 300 gram jar really is in and pence. So if the saving on the 300g jar was, say 10p per 200g - it might not be worth buying the bigger jar, but if 50p it would be worth buying the bigger jar.

If I define a unit of 200 grams, then the shopping price shows the unit price per 1 gram (in brackets) - not a unit price for 200 grams. The Best Buy option the compares the price for 1 gram - rather than the price for 200 grams. So a 10p saving per 200g would instead be shown as a saving of 0.0005 - not very meaningful in the real world. I want Best Buy to show that, per 200 grams, I would be saving 0.10 instead of 0.0005 per gram.

There does not seem to be any way to make the software do that.

The alternative is to enter a unit of 0.2 Kg. It then shows the saving per 1 Kg - ie a 10p saving on a 200 gram jar is shown as 50p (per 1000 gram) - this is misleading - making the saving seem bigger than it really is. Also, some people would struggle to enter the price of the 300 gram jar - they would not know to enter 0.3 instead of 300 (which is the weight displayed on the jar).

Hope that make it clear what the problem is;

I want to enter 200 gram as unit - and the software do its calculations based on units of 200 grams, not on units of 1 gram.

Is that possible, or can it be made possible
    I will have to think about that.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Thanks - can you let me know when the Google Docs functionality is fixed so I can try it?
    Update (2.6.4) is available in the Catalog.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    @sidamos Here's a feature I really miss from HandyShopper. Whenever you select a numeric field, instead of just having a number pad, it came up with a basic calculator. This allowed me to do things like what sapwood wants (quick edit of item hit + about & go on)& any needed calculation quickly without leaving the program.

Is this something that would be possible in Shopping Manager?
    This is already on the wish list.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Ok, investigated all this further. The error on importing with the touchpad was caused by excel producing a faulty comma separated file. However after successful import on the touchpad the Import Finished message either does not appear or it does appear but does not disappear when I press OK. Either way, various on screen buttons and menus do not respond to being touched until the app is restarted. This all works correctly on the palm pre-2.

Another problem is that changes to the delimiter via preferences do not survive the app being restarted - this happens on both the touchpad and palm pre-2.

Despite all this the app is well designed - thanks for producing such an excellent app - far better than others I have tested and at a low price. Now purchased for all my webOS devices.
    Thanks for your investigations. In the meantime, we were able to reproduce the import from file problem on the TouchPad. Seems to be a Mojo on the TouchPad problem. But I think we have found a workaround for it. Should be in the next update.

Saving the delimiter works for me on the TouchPad and the Pre3. Did you try with the paid version?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Thanks for your investigations. In the meantime, we were able to reproduce the import from file problem on the TouchPad. Seems to be a Mojo on the TouchPad problem. But I think we have found a workaround for it. Should be in the next update.

Saving the delimiter works for me on the TouchPad and the Pre3. Did you try with the paid version?
    Thanks for everything and adding my items to the wish list.

Yes - the delimiter works correctly on my Touchpad and Pre2 using the paid version, but not the demo version.

By the way - as this app improves, I might like to pay more than just the 1.40 charge through the App Catalog - is there a way to contribute extra?
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Thanks for everything and adding my items to the wish list.

Yes - the delimiter works correctly on my Touchpad and Pre2 using the paid version, but not the demo version.

By the way - as this app improves, I might like to pay more than just the 1.40 charge through the App Catalog - is there a way to contribute extra?
    That's one of the limitations of the demo version: It does not save preferences.

You could contribute extra by buying our other apps. ;-) Search for "vivalv" in the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Another item to add to the wish list if possible - reverse sorting. Especially useful for Aisle numbers - so you can shop by Aisle, starting at either end of the shop.
    Export, google spreadsheet, all items - either times out or gives me a very long error message? Does anyone have any advice? It was working September 1st. I do it once a month to backup my database, help please.

Deb
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Another item to add to the wish list if possible - reverse sorting. Especially useful for Aisle numbers - so you can shop by Aisle, starting at either end of the shop.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llab99 View Post
    Export, google spreadsheet, all items - either times out or gives me a very long error message? Does anyone have any advice? It was working September 1st. I do it once a month to backup my database, help please.

Deb
    Please update to the current version (2.6.4), this should fix it.
    Thanks export worked fine, sorry I thought I had the current version. Great, quick help, appreciated. Deb
    just got this yesterday, looking forward to figuring it out and making my shopping lists!!!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    When in Needed Mode, is it possible when selecting the store filter to only list the stores that have items needed? If I have a couple of stores to visit, it would make it easier to only see the stores I needed instead of seeing all of them and having to remember which ones I need to visit.

Right now, I can choose All Shops and have it sort by shop and then see which one to filter on for my next stop. But this option would make it easier.

Great app!

Colin
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    if i add a new product, the default for last shopping date is always 1970/01/01 and i have to change in three long steps to the current date.
    i would like to see the current date by default in article-description.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crsledge View Post
    When in Needed Mode, is it possible when selecting the store filter to only list the stores that have items needed? If I have a couple of stores to visit, it would make it easier to only see the stores I needed instead of seeing all of them and having to remember which ones I need to visit.

Right now, I can choose All Shops and have it sort by shop and then see which one to filter on for my next stop. But this option would make it easier.
    I will put this on the wish list.