Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    This is normal for keyboard shortcuts. You have to press and hold the gesture area while pressing the key.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    This is normal for keyboard shortcuts. You have to press and hold the gesture area while pressing the key.
    I understand how to activate the shortcut and bring the database list option up. My issue was letting go of the gesture area and using the same finger (thumb) to select from the list.

I figured it out though After letting go of the key, a swipe to the right leaves the list on the screen. I can then tap the selection.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    You don't have to do that.
    - press and hold gesture area (NOT in the mid section, just a little left or right)
    - press and release D
    - let go off gesture area
    New to Shopping Manager.

Had an exisiting shopping list in excel, had no problem using my list and google to setup 400+ items in a database on my pre.

On my existing list I have a field to sort items by location in home (ie) pantry, kitchen etc.
    So I can create a checklist.

I would like to include this field in Shopping manager. How would you advise I do this (I already use the aisle field, catagory, shop)? Should I set up a second database (ie pantry) and if so how do I sync new items between the two databases.

Thanks deb
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Hmm, I can't think of any solution at the moment. The databases are separate and you cannot add a fields. Maybe you could use the notes field?
    Quote Originally Posted by llab99 View Post
    New to Shopping Manager.

Had an exisiting shopping list in excel, had no problem using my list and google to setup 400+ items in a database on my pre.

On my existing list I have a field to sort items by location in home (ie) pantry, kitchen etc.
    So I can create a checklist.

I would like to include this field in Shopping manager. How would you advise I do this (I already use the aisle field, catagory, shop)? Should I set up a second database (ie pantry) and if so how do I sync new items between the two databases.

Thanks deb
    Perhaps you could set up kitchen, pantry, etc. as virtual categories or alternative shops.
    When I select the circled "i" on the right side of an item, I get a drop-down menu. At the top of that menu is "Edit..." and "+TAP". +

I presume the "+TAP" is a keyboard shortcut to edit the item, but I cannot figure out this gesture. I tried doing 'option tap', '+ tap', and 'shift tap', but nothing happens.

Any ideas? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    It's like for cut/copy/paste.

Press and hold the gesture area (but not exactly in the middle) and then tap on an item.
    i think it once meant META + tap on the article (it's the gesture area) - like Meta-Tap + C (Meta-tap (Gesture Area + tap) and Copy/Paste | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net) . But i can't get it to work under webos 2.1 now.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Yep, it's broken under webOS 2.x. We have no workaround yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Yep, it's broken under webOS 2.x. We have no workaround yet.
    But you can still use the square button with letter / action to do the same things as meta-tap.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    What do you mean by the square button?

The other shortcuts (keyboard shortcuts) still work with meta-tap (gesture area) on 2.x. It's only that meta-tap alone (without keyboard) cannot be recognized anymore.
    Right. I mean the key on the keyboard under the "A". I've seen it called the OPT key. I was just saying that all the things you could do with meta-tap under webOS 1.x are still available under 2.x, you just have to open the keyboard & use the OPT key in place of holding your finger on the gesture area. No, it's a far cry from the convenience of 1.x, but for _me_ it's easier & faster than using the menu.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Hmm, but the OPT key does not have the same functionality as the gesture area.

For example, gesture area + C copies text to clipboard, OPT + C does not.
    Just checked, and of course, you're right. I'm used to using meta-tap C / X / V to do copy, cut, paste on my Pre 2 so didn't think OPT key would be different from meta-tap. Where I always use it is in the browser where meta-tap doesn't seem to work, entering settings mode in sconix's patches, etc. I assumed OPT key was a universal replacement for meta-tap.
    Hello,
    I've just finished migration Pre- to Pre3 and have realized that the Shopping Manager is not loaded to Pre3, is not available in AppCatalog, and i can't find it in Preware too.
    I haven't changed my Palm Profile, i was using full version of Shopping Manager on my Pre-. On TouchPad, the Shopping Manager works fine.
    I have similar issue with Checkbook, but there is at least Checkbook beta available for Pre3.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    There is an update currently in review at Palm, which makes the app visible in the Pre 3 App Catalog (although not optimized yet) and allows the app to run fullscreen on the TouchPad.
    Thank you, that's great!
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    True sync would be nice. If something occurs to me while I'm at work, I pull out the Pre2 and add it. If something occurs to me while I'm in the living room, I use the TouchPad. They sync with each other automatically through the cloud. I take the Pre2 to the store and everything is updated. That's the dream anyway.