Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425 LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 490
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #401  
    It would be really nice if the Store popup menu began by displaying the current store rather than starting at the top of the list. This would aid checking each store individually.
  2. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #402  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hoffman View Post
    It would be really nice if the Store popup menu began by displaying the current store rather than starting at the top of the list. This would aid checking each store individually.
    I think, this is handled by webOS, so we cannot change this.
  3. #403  
    As more fields are added to the app it has made my most used fields move further down the item edit screen. I see that the request for rearrangeable fields is on the wish list and I understand you can't make any promises. I would just like to echo the request for a user preference that allows me to change the field order.

    Thanks for a great app!
  4. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #404  
    Shopping Manager v2.4.0 is available in the Palm App Catalog.

    Changes:
    * optional vibration when tapping on an item
    * send/export checked items
    * info button
    * bug fixes
  5. #405  
    I was wondering if the Lite and/or Pro version have the ability to share the same list between 2 people. Like between my Pre- and my wife's Pre-?

    Thanks
  6. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #406  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdv22 View Post
    I was wondering if the Lite and/or Pro version have the ability to share the same list between 2 people. Like between my Pre- and my wife's Pre-?
    Please have a look at this chapter and the following in the docs:
    Syncing
  7. #407  
    I really like the program. I see the newest version has a new info button on the bottom of the main screen. I would love an option to remove this as i have gone through the submenus under that button, and now the bottom is a little crowded.
  8. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #408  
    OK, noted.
  9. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #409  
    Shopping Manager v2.4.2 is available in the Palm App Catalog.

    Changes:
    * option to remove info button
    * custom quantity at top of popup menu
    * dialog color with dark theme
  10. #410  
    Thanks for the great app and the docs for migrating from HandyShopper. This has filled a need in my migration from PalmOS.

    I'd like to speak up in support of multiple card support, a suggestion raised earlier. This would help me out a lot and take care of one thing that I've been missing from HS: quick switching between DBs.

    On the Treo, left on the 5-way button would bring up the DB list, and a keystroke would jump to that letter in the list. So I could do left-Q to get to my "quick tasks" DB, and left-S for my "shopping" DB, and usually without looking.

    In comparison, the best I've been able to manage so far in SM is to swipe up, type a few keys to find a launcher shortcut and wait (because I'm using a stock Pixi+). The other option appears to be swipe-tap-tap-scrollscrollscroll-look-tap (wait). Both methods are a bit frustrating and bad for my train of thought, especially when I need to switch back and forth several times during the planning phase.

    Flipping between cards seems like it would be more natural, and hopefully faster.

    In my case, I use a "quick tasks" DB to plan out long outings where I'm making multiple stops. I'll flip to one DB to see where I'm going next, and to my shopping DB to see what I'm getting there. Since "quick tasks" usually involves shops that I visit regularly, this makes more sense to me as a shopping list than a ToDo list, so I'd really like to keep it within SM.
  11. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #411  
    I see your problem. But adding multiple card support to Shopping Manager is a really big task. I am not dismissing it, but I cannot make any promises.
  12. #412  
    I have been meanng to post a note of thanks for some time. An update or two ago you added the ability to export a list of checked items by email or sms. I had posted requests for this feature several times and wanted you to know I appreciate the addition. I use it routinely and it is a big help.
  13. #413  
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    I see your problem. But adding multiple card support to Shopping Manager is a really big task. I am not dismissing it, but I cannot make any promises.
    Yeah, I understand.

    In the meantime, could there be a shortcut for switching DBs? Perhaps gesture+key to bring up a DB selector? A user-defined gesture+key combo to jump directly to a particular DB would be extra nice, but is probably more involved.
  14. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #414  
    Good ideas. I'll write them on the wish list. Thanks.
  15. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #415  
    To all who used Shopping Manager as a general database app:

    http://forums.precentral.net/vivalv-...a-manager.html
  16. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #416  
    Shopping Manager v2.5.0 is available in the Palm App Catalog.

    Changes:
    * Just Type integration
    * keyboard shortcuts (D, M, T, N, B, P, H)
  17. klynn's Avatar
    Posts
    116 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #417  
    Quote Originally Posted by andersonloria View Post
    As more fields are added to the app it has made my most used fields move further down the item edit screen. I see that the request for rearrangeable fields is on the wish list and I understand you can't make any promises. I would just like to echo the request for a user preference that allows me to change the field order.

    Thanks for a great app!
    I also would like the option to either re-arrange the fields on item edit list or hide the ones I never use. (in Done!, another feature-rich app for task management, you can hide those fields that you don't need). Right now it's kind of tedious to add items because the fields I need (category, store) are at bottom.

    And if I'm asking for program tweaks, the only other thing that I keep wanting is the ability to swipe between the All and Needed lists instead of the buttons at the bottom. I don't know how many times I try to do that but it just seems natural to do on webOS.

    But overall, this is a great app. Thanks for your hard work!
  18. sidamos's Avatar
    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
       #418  
    The possibility to hide and/or rearrange fields is one of the higher priority points on the wish list. ;-)

    About the swipe for switching between "All" and "Needed" mode:
    What kind of swipe? In the gesture area?
    Because it would not work on screen, because swipe on the screen deletes items.
  19. klynn's Avatar
    Posts
    116 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #419  
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    The possibility to hide and/or rearrange fields is one of the higher priority points on the wish list. ;-)

    About the swipe for switching between "All" and "Needed" mode:
    What kind of swipe? In the gesture area?
    Because it would not work on screen, because swipe on the screen deletes items.
    Doh! That's right. I'm thinking of the calendar which swipes from page to page, but you can't swipe events to delete. Stupid me.....nevermind!
  20. #420  
    Quote Originally Posted by klynngullo View Post
    Doh! That's right. I'm thinking of the calendar which swipes from page to page, but you can't swipe events to delete. Stupid me.....nevermind!
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Shopping Manager v2.5.0 is available in the Palm App Catalog.

    Changes:
    * Just Type integration
    * keyboard shortcuts (D, M, T, N, B, P, H)
    I need a little help with using shortcuts. When I use the shortcut D it brings up the list of databases, but when I take my finger off the gesture area it shrinks the app. The only way I have found to select a database is two handed. Is this expected or am I missing something?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions