Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I just submitted 0.1.1 (bugfixes regarding new items and quantity) to PreCentral. And the english documentation on the web site is available.
    Last edited by sidamos; 12/30/2009 at 06:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I'd really like to see the ability to send someone a list and have it sync with their list ie have my wife send me a list for me to pick up on my way home. Thanks
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuss View Post
    I'd really like to see the ability to send someone a list and have it sync with their list ie have my wife send me a list for me to pick up on my way home. Thanks
    That would be cool, indeed. But I can't promise that at the moment.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Adding a new shop. Touch Add, a new row gets added to the list with "New Shop" in it. Now you have to touch that row, then you can edit the name. Why isn't that new row automatically selected so you can just begin typing the name of the shop?

For me, it's not worth trying without aisles, like HandyShopper has. Should have one-click sort by aisle.

Also, I would like to see more items per screen. Pre screen is larger than Treo 700p yet displays only 4 items per screen compared to 10? Granted each row has to be larger on the Pre to accommodate finger touches, I still think it could show about 7 items per screen.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Focus problem is fixed in the next version, thanks for reporting.

Aisles and sorting by aisle will be in the next version, due out soon.

If you disable some stuff in Preferences, you get more lines on screen (up to 7).
    Last edited by sidamos; 01/01/2010 at 10:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Great app. Don't think Shopping List is gonna last on my Pre.. (Sorry Mojo!)

+1 for multiple lists

Is there a "dead" spot on an item when in "Needed" mode? By this, I mean a spot where I can touch in order to swipe/scroll the list up or down.

I'm a bit heavy-handed, and when we went shopping, I accidentally marked some items off (love the check out feature).

Thanks, regards, & Happy New Year!

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    I second the motion to make it easier to scroll, slightly harder to check off an item (so it doesn't happen unintentionally). Maybe there's a dwell time property.

Adding multiple items, it maintains the Quantity from the previous one but not the Shop. I'd prefer the exact opposite.

Can the list be made zoomable for my tired old eyes?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Scrolling/Marking:
    It will only mark the item, when you tap AND lift your finger on the same spot. So, if you intend to scroll, first move, then lift your finger. We could change it, that only hitting the checkbox would mark the item, but that would be too cumbersome while shopping in my opinion.

Font size:
    Will be customizable in the next version.

Adding multiple items:
    Is someone objecting against keeping quantity AND shop?
    How much will this be when it's in the app catalog?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    How much will this be when it's in the app catalog?
    Between $1 and $2.
    hi, i have imported a list from handyshopper which is quite big (+/- 400 items), and I find the scrolling to be jerky.. Anyone else experiencing the same problem? ANy way to make the scrolling smoother?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Scrolling speed should not be dependent on the number of items in the list.

That said, it *is* jerky in 0.1.1. I promise, it is better in 0.2.0 (soon) and there it even makes a difference, if you hide some information.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I just submitted version 0.2.0 to PreCentral.

Changelog see post #1 or the web site.

We were able to implement some of your suggestions.

Please test ASAP, because this is the feature-complete release candidate for version 1.0.0 for the App Catalog.

Docs will be updated soon.

Thanks for your help!

Edit: Fixed 0.2.1 submitted.
    Last edited by sidamos; 01/03/2010 at 07:43 PM.
    Couple more suggestions/ bug? Fixes (in my order of preference):

1) I'd love to have an option for sending my currently visible, unchecked, needed items via SMS (for sending to the wife).

2) When adding an item, it should use the currently filtered category for the new item. You appear to do this for shops, just not for categories. This is kind of a biggy (at least in the way I'm using the app).

3) There's too much of a delay (like 1 second) when checking/unchecking items.

4) I don't know if it's me, my Pre, or the app. But it seems like the when I press the shop or category buttons, the don't always register (even though I get the Pre "splash" effect)?

5) Import works, but seems to be flaky? One time I got this error: (MainAssistant.errorHandler(): DB error: disk I/O error/1). One time it didn't work. One time it worked, but they didn't show up right away. Nonetheless, I eventually got all my stuff imported. Would be nice to be able to import other info (notes, isle, quantity, price, etc.)

6) Options to delete a group of items (checked items, visible items, by shop, by category)

7) Options to change the shop or category of a group of items to another existing shop/category. I tried this by renaming the shop and got an error.

Looking forward to switching to this app from Shopping List when it hits the catalog (sorry, Mojo).
    Nice, scrolling is *much* smoother than previous version
    There are only some short freezes when scrolling quickly, but it's not as bad as in the native contacts app...

What's disturbing is that you can't reset an item to "unneeded" (red ball): once you've tapped it you can only cycle through "needed" (unchecked) and "have" (checked). In handyshopper in "All" view, tapping cycles through unneeded/needed. And in "needed" view, tapping made the item disappear.

Also disturbing is that tapping an item puts it at the top of the list, even though I specified in the preferences that I want it sorted by name!
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Preferences says "FARBEN" where I expect "COLOR". Google tells me that's the German translation.

Aisle sort produced this order (<items with no aisle>, 1, 12, 14, 15, 16, 20, 4B, 8A). What I'm looking for is not alphabetical sorting - that would put 14 before 2. It's not exactly pure numerical sorting - because that wouldn't take the A/B into account. As I snake through the aisles, I won't always be doing the A side before the B side, but all 4As should be grouped together, and then all 4Bs, rather than being mixed together. (I won't always do 4A before 4B, and I won't always do 4B before 4A, it depends on where I came out of the last aisle where I needed something this week. So it's okay to always have all of the 4As before the 4Bs.)

Better to have aisles as dividers in the Needed list than waste a line under every item. I think it would look better as dividers too. Just don't make them too big. :-)
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Thanks for the scrolling tip. 0.2.1 is working nicely for me.

If you do put in dividers, please put in an option to turn them off...

Thanks and regards,

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RCJH View Post
    Couple more suggestions/ bug? Fixes (in my order of preference):

1) I'd love to have an option for sending my currently visible, unchecked, needed items via SMS (for sending to the wife).

2) When adding an item, it should use the currently filtered category for the new item. You appear to do this for shops, just not for categories. This is kind of a biggy (at least in the way I'm using the app).

3) There's too much of a delay (like 1 second) when checking/unchecking items.

4) I don't know if it's me, my Pre, or the app. But it seems like the when I press the shop or category buttons, the don't always register (even though I get the Pre "splash" effect)?

5) Import works, but seems to be flaky? One time I got this error: (MainAssistant.errorHandler(): DB error: disk I/O error/1). One time it didn't work. One time it worked, but they didn't show up right away. Nonetheless, I eventually got all my stuff imported. Would be nice to be able to import other info (notes, isle, quantity, price, etc.)

6) Options to delete a group of items (checked items, visible items, by shop, by category)

7) Options to change the shop or category of a group of items to another existing shop/category. I tried this by renaming the shop and got an error.

Looking forward to switching to this app from Shopping List when it hits the catalog (sorry, Mojo).
    Thanks for the suggestions.

3) Faster in the next version and with immediate touch feedback.

4) You have to tap on the text, it does not register a tap on the triangle (like in Palm's tasks app).

5) Cannot reproduce that. I'd need more details and/or your text file.

7) Renaming a Shop should be no problem. Could you please provide steps to reproduce?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olivier101 View Post
    Nice, scrolling is *much* smoother than previous version
    There are only some short freezes when scrolling quickly, but it's not as bad as in the native contacts app...

What's disturbing is that you can't reset an item to "unneeded" (red ball): once you've tapped it you can only cycle through "needed" (unchecked) and "have" (checked). In handyshopper in "All" view, tapping cycles through unneeded/needed. And in "needed" view, tapping made the item disappear.

Also disturbing is that tapping an item puts it at the top of the list, even though I specified in the preferences that I want it sorted by name!
    I don't think, I can further enhance the scrolling. That would be Palm's job. ;-)

Making the checked item disappear in needed mode, is an option in HandyShopper. Noted.

Cycling through needed and unneeded in All mode: Noted.

Sorting options is for the base sorting. On top of that, needed items are put on the top and checked items are put below needed items. Just like in HandyShopper. Only the last one is an option in HandyShopper.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    Preferences says "FARBEN" where I expect "COLOR". Google tells me that's the German translation.

Aisle sort produced this order (<items with no aisle>, 1, 12, 14, 15, 16, 20, 4B, 8A). What I'm looking for is not alphabetical sorting - that would put 14 before 2. It's not exactly pure numerical sorting - because that wouldn't take the A/B into account. As I snake through the aisles, I won't always be doing the A side before the B side, but all 4As should be grouped together, and then all 4Bs, rather than being mixed together. (I won't always do 4A before 4B, and I won't always do 4B before 4A, it depends on where I came out of the last aisle where I needed something this week. So it's okay to always have all of the 4As before the 4Bs.)

Better to have aisles as dividers in the Needed list than waste a line under every item. I think it would look better as dividers too. Just don't make them too big. :-)
    So, you'd like the sorting be numerical for the numeric part, but still allow letters?

Aisle is in the same line as shop and category, so it's only wasting a line, if you have shop and category off.

Dividers optional: Noted.
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast