Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Shopping Manager Beta v2.2.11 is available in the Palm Beta Channel.

Changes:
    * create launcher icon for database
    * bug fixes
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Shopping Manager Beta v2.2.12 is available in the Palm Beta Channel.

Changes:
    * vibration and flashing LED for reminders
    * bug fixes

Beta docs: Shoppingmanager/beta/english - VivaLV-Software
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Shopping Manager Beta v2.2.13 is available in the Palm Beta Channel.

Changes:
    * bug fixes
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I had to reinstall to OS on my Pre Plus. I backed up my database via email and reinstalled by copying the email to the clipboard. I got a message that so many items mere imported so many updated and 56 errors but to ability to access a log file. I noted missing items in the database immediately and noted that they were in the data file in the email. I tried creating a new database ind importing into it from the email and there were still errors and items missing. I copied the data from the email into a text file and used usb transfer to the Pre and then installed from the file. I still got a message that there were errors but many of the originally missing items were now there. I will have to go through the text file item by item to see if everything was restored.Whats going on? Is there a log file that can be accessed? What is the best way to do a reliable back up and restore?
    Frank M. Schabel
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Please write this in a mail to shoppingmanager(at)vivalv.de and attach your text file.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Sidamos,

Is the new version going to hit the App Cat soon? I love the new beta option to launch database directly. Looking forward to adding this option to the main app.

Any further work on the drop-down aisle option I suggested earlier or is this feature proving too time consuming or difficult to implement?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    If all goes well, it should be available in the App Catalog by the end of the week.

Regarding drop down aisle menu: We did not have a nice idea about this, yet.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Shopping Manager v2.3.0 is available in the Palm App Catalog.

Changes:
    * item image
    * last purchase date
    * planned purchase (with reminder)
    * delete item after checkout
    * create launcher icon for database
    * scaling of background image
    * bug fixes
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Thanks for the Last Purchase Date.

Could you add that to Item Details - Display for Each Item and Sorting - Criterion X ?

Then we will have the complete capabilities for a Movie database.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Thanks for the Last Purchase Date.

Could you add that to Item Details - Display for Each Item and Sorting - Criterion X ?

Then we will have the complete capabilities for a Movie database.
    I second that!
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I will put it on the wish list.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Shopping Manager v2.3.2 is available in the Palm App Catalog.

Changes
    * option to clear coupon at checkout
    * bug fixes
    Great app, but having some trouble with lastest release. I went shopping last night, checked off the items as I picked them up off the shelves. I did the Checkout to reste all of the items, and it worked. However, this morning they were all back on my needed list. Very frustrating.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    This should not happen. Did you get any error message during that shopping session?

Any chance you can provide us with steps to reproduce this?
    Over the course of the week, I select items I want to buy at the store. I also have a category called "Weekly" that I select and reset all items to "needed". When I get to the store, I switch to the "needed" view. As I go thru the store, I check the items I pick up and they fall to the bottom of the list. When I pay for my items, I select "Checkout" and "Yes". All of the purchased items disappear from the "needed" list. I switch the list back to full and all stores. Everything is as expected. I exit the app. The next day, I start the app and everything that I "needed" before I went to the store is back on the list.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    This is very similar to what I do and this does not happen for me.

Could you please send your database file and your repro text to shoppingmanager(at)vivalv.de?

Thanks!
    Thx for the support. It didn't happen last week. I'll get you the DB as soon as I get back on-line.
    I continue to enjoy using SM the more I work with it and get used to its features. I would like to revisit an old feature request. I could really use the ability to export to a new database or list [email a .csv file or however it may be accomplished] a list of checked items, either right before checkout or as part of the checkout process itself. The last purchase date is a big help, but the ability to develop an ongoing shopping history would be even more helpful to me if that is possible.

Another wish would be the ability to rearrange the order of details in the item edit screen. Is there any way to configure this? I would like to have category and shop closer to the top because I use them more than tax, coupon, priority, and the like. I realize that others have more use for those items I don't use frequently so a user preference setting would be helpful if there is a way to do that.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Thanks for your ideas. Both are already on our wish list, but I can't make any promises at the moment.
    Fair enough. Thanks for the reply. And thanks for all of your work.