Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by traviswhayne View Post
    Just wondering is there any chance for multiple card support i.e. one card for grocery shopping database and one for school shopping database. I only ask as when I go to the store I like to be able to separate out some purchases i.e. I have so much $ for groceries and so much for $ school and want to be able to know how much I am totaling for each. Just wondering...
    Interesting idea. ;-) I'll write it on the wish list.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Shopping Manager v2.2.4 is available in the Palm App Catalog.

Changes:
    * styling of the background
    * base price or alternative price of 0 means not set
    * bug fixes
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Thanks for the background colors and images option.

It looks like a background image needs to be full screen size. That should be in the help files.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestion. You are right, it should be 320x480 (or 320x400) in this version. The next version will scale the image to fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Same here. So, I would really need your database file to be able to reproduce it.
    Shopping Manager v2.2.4 is available in the Palm App Catalog.

Changes:
    * styling of the background
    * base price or alternative price of 0 means not set
    * bug fixes
    sorry, I seem to have missed the e-mail notice of your reply. Ironically, I logged on to thank you for fixing the problem I had with this release, and it appears you did not have the info you needed to have done so. So I guess there was some sort of database reset, as my checked items now remain in the Needed view when unchecked.

I am not sure, I understand. If you uncheck a previously checked item in the Needed view (shopping cart), then it is still "needed". If you uncheck a previously checked item in All view (notepad), then it goes back to "default". As far as I see, this is the same behavior as in HS.
    I tested this on HS running under Classic on my Pre. Unchecking a checked item resets it to needed in both Needed and All views.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balboadave View Post
    I tested this on HS running under Classic on my Pre. Unchecking a checked item resets it to needed in both Needed and All views.
    Sorry, my fault. You are right. My HS behaves like this:

Needed mode:
    Checked -> Needed -> Checked -> Needed

All mode:
    Checked -> Needed -> Default -> Needed -> Default

We'll change Shopping Manager to behave like this in the next version. Thanks!
    This may be a bit of a stretch, but it occurred to me as I was checking out with Shopping Manager today that there are times I would find it useful to have a purchase history of the things I buy. So the question is this - would it be possible when selecting checkout to have an option for exporting the checked-out items to a file [google spreadsheet, or email or some other format]? Perhaps one could choose to only reset checked items or to export purchases and reset. Or maybe there is some way to do this now and I have just missed it.
    Along those lines, something I've always wanted in the PDA shopping lists is something I always did with paper shopping lists - a price history. I use that when creating a list so I can see if a current "sale" price is really a lower price or just something being promoted. I don't know if something like this could be implemented, but it would be very useful.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Along those lines, something I've always wanted in the PDA shopping lists is something I always did with paper shopping lists - a price history. I use that when creating a list so I can see if a current "sale" price is really a lower price or just something being promoted. I don't know if something like this could be implemented, but it would be very useful.
    Thanks, I am writing this on our wish list.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    This may be a bit of a stretch, but it occurred to me as I was checking out with Shopping Manager today that there are times I would find it useful to have a purchase history of the things I buy. So the question is this - would it be possible when selecting checkout to have an option for exporting the checked-out items to a file [google spreadsheet, or email or some other format]? Perhaps one could choose to only reset checked items or to export purchases and reset. Or maybe there is some way to do this now and I have just missed it.
    You could export the needed items to a Google spreadsheet, BEFORE you do the checkout. But it would not append to an existing spreadsheet, but replace it. Please check out the datatransfer option.
    When I have tried the data transfer it seems to only save the needed items that have not been checked [still needed]. I was hoping for an option that saves the checked items [those being purchased]. Am I missing that somewhere?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    You are right. Sorry about the confusion. The way it is now, the workaround for your wish is a little cumbersome:

- in needed mode: Go shopping
    - check items that you have
    - when finished, set visible items back to needed via menu
    - export
    - set visible items to have via menu
    - checkout
    You are right. Sorry about the confusion. The way it is now, the workaround for your wish is a little cumbersome:

- in needed mode: Go shopping
    - check items that you have
    - when finished, set visible items back to needed via menu
    - export
    - set visible items to have via menu
    - checkout
    Not to belabor the point, but that's still not quite it. Let's say I have 25 items on my needed list and I pick up and check off 18 of them and go to checkout. What would be useful would be to ability to save a list of only the 18 items I have checked so that I can keep a record of what was actually purchased at that time. Not a big deal if that is not in the cards for SM, but there are times I would like to review a purchase history. Still a great program.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Yes, you are right, it's not exactly doing what you want. Also, it would always create a new spreadsheet. Would the latter be OK?
    Yes, you are right, it's not exactly doing what you want. Also, it would always create a new spreadsheet. Would the latter be OK?
    A new spreadsheet would be perfect. That way I would be able to keep an independent purchase history of each shopping trip.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Is there a way enter search terms for Items beginning with numbers?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Is there a way enter search terms for Items beginning with numbers?
    Yes. The normal Option-key, key, Option-key combination does not work in webOS search fields for the first character. Instead, you have to press and hold the Option-key and then press for example e for 1. Then release e and then release the Option-key.
    I have been using the app store version of Shopping Manager for a while and love it. The only thing I find a little clunky is switching databases. What would you think about a way to add each database to the launcher for direct start, much like you can add pages to the launcher in the web browser? That way I could start my Travel database straight from the launcher rather than having to start Shopping Manager and then navigate through the menus.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    This a really nice idea, because the next version already can switch database by launch parameter. We will have to figure out how it works to create icons.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Shopping Manager Beta v2.2.10 is available in the Palm Beta Channel.

Changes:
    * item image
    * last purchase date
    * planned purchase (with reminder)
    * delete item after checkout
    * scaling of background image
    * bug fixes