Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Could you add more background color themes?

You have the best functionality, now how about a little more bling? After all, you are VivaLV-Software
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Minor issue with High Price Indicator. If one shop has price of 0, then it shows up as lowest price. Could you compare only non zero prices for the High Price Indicator?
    OK, noted.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Could you add more background color themes?

You have the best functionality, now how about a little more bling? After all, you are VivaLV-Software
    Thanks. ;-)

You mean, like light and dark? Those are not only background color themes. They also affect other stuff. Those are the 2 themes available by webOS. Additional themes would mean to re-style lots of webOS widgets, I guess. But I'll note it.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Sidamos,

How 'bout just giving your icon a make-over? That empty and colourless grocery cart is looking old.

As for the desktop sync solution, I would like to see a fully functional stand-alone desktop version which could sync item-by-item. I'm thinking of the way SplashShopper works on PalmOS. This, for me, would be the perfect solution. BTW, WiFi sync for sure!

As for price, I would pay $20 for the entire package.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Thanks. ;-)

You mean, like light and dark? Those are not only background color themes. They also affect other stuff. Those are the 2 themes available by webOS. Additional themes would mean to re-style lots of webOS widgets, I guess. But I'll note it.
    I'm talking about background colors. We have text color selection, now we need background color selection. Perhaps even shaded backgrounds like TweetMe.

TweetMe is so pretty I always use it over other Twitter clients.

That would definitely put some bling in there.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I'm talking about background colors. We have text color selection, now we need background color selection. Perhaps even shaded backgrounds like TweetMe.

TweetMe is so pretty I always use it over other Twitter clients.

That would definitely put some bling in there.
    OK, understood. TweetMe is for sure a very pretty looking app.

BTW, only now I saw, that your location is Las Vegas. Nice. :-)
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I too wanted to add that I really like Shopping Manager. It is a worthy successor to what I was using on my Palm Treo (a smart-list-to-go file that I had created).

However, there is one feature that I created on the old list that I am sorely missing with SM:

I am going along, picking up items off the shelf that are on my list, when I discover an item that is out of stock. Now what? I still need the item. I just cannot buy it from this store, today. So how do I mark the item so that it no longer shows on the list, but is still marked as needed?

My recomendation is to have a "Deferred" flag that could be set. The item would drop to the end of the list, and have something to mark it as deferred (different font/color/whatever). The "Deferred" flag would get reset when the "Check Out" function is performed.
    Hi again! I've been away for a bit, and have decided to start using an HTC EVO. There are plusses and minuses to this decision (see the article on Pre/AndroidCentral that Craig Froehle and I wrote), but one of the bigger minuses is losing Shopping Manager. The best product I've found on Android so far is called ToMarket, which has many good features, but lacks the user interface polish and general configurability of Shopping Manager. Any chance you have a plan to port Shopping Manager to Android?? I'd pay!

Thanks,
    Don
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aa6vh View Post
    My recomendation is to have a "Deferred" flag that could be set. The item would drop to the end of the list, and have something to mark it as deferred (different font/color/whatever). The "Deferred" flag would get reset when the "Check Out" function is performed.
    Thanks for the idea. I think, we already have something like that on the wish list.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donfergusonjr View Post
    Any chance you have a plan to port Shopping Manager to Android?? I'd pay!
    Not at this time, sorry.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    We are currently thinking about a desktop companion program for Shopping
    Manager (no promise!). You already have the ability to edit your data in
    Google Docs now, but this is of course not so nice.
    Yay!! If it happens MAYBE my wife and son will actually put things on the grocery list as they use them up (but probably not).

Does it have to be a "full-blown" Shopping Manager for the desktop,
    allowing you to do everything? Or would it be enough to have simplified
    editing of the data (similar to export/import from/to Excel), without
    bells and whistles?
    For my use, it would need to allow items to be marked as needed (and presumably also "unmarked") and allow new items to be added. I guess a spreadsheet could work but that would seem to allow the data to be easily corupted by users not familiar with spreadsheets and the data format.

Does it have to work without a webOS phone nearby ("offline")?
    Yes - this would be critical for my purposes.

Should it make a USB or wireless (WiFi) connection to your phone? Or
    should it sync via the cloud (Google Docs)? If using USB, your phone
    would be in USB drive mode, meaning not usable while connected and the
    desktop program would directly access the database file on the phone.
    I would prefer either cloud or WiFi since I seldom connect the phone via USB.

Does it have to sync (insert/update/delete) single items or is it OK to
    do a full export/import of a database from/to the phone before/after
    editing on the desktop, like it is implemented now for Google Docs?
    Export to the phone would add/update items on the phone, not delete.
    Sync is cruical - I may mark an item as needed via the phone and someone else may mark another item as needed via the desktop. Both records should be preserved. The ability to handle the case where an item has been marked as needed via both the phone and the desktop without requiring user intervention to resolve the "conflict" of having a record edited both places would be good - just detect this case and mark the item as needed.

Does it absolutely have to be web-based? Maybe a Google Spreadsheet form
    is "good enough" in this case?
    A simplified spreadsheet interface that prevents users from corupting the whole database trying to mark or add one item would be OK. I don't care if it's web based or a stand-alone program.

It's highly likely, that this would be a Java program, so that it could
    run on Windows, Linux and Mac. Is this OK for you?
    Sure - whatever works for you. It doesn't have to be all that fast.

Would you pay an extra fee for that program? If yes, can you make an
    estimate?
    Yes, I'd gladly pay extra. Probably $20-$25 for the "desktop" program and a small update fee for the WebOS program for the new features.

Thanks!
    Thank you for considering this capability.

Since there are lots of different possibilities for such a program, we
    would like to have your opinion. If we do it, it is highly unlikely that
    we will be hosting a web server for that. This would be too costly (and
    would cost each month!) and to risky for you (should we be forced to
    shut it down).

bells and whistles?

--- I think you should do a full blown version if you want to compete with splash, people would pay more for it - i know i would. At least plan for it with what ever you lay out in your initial beta version.

---- I am not sure if I understand this question - web based or desktop hard copy?

--- I would love USB & WiFi in case my wifi is not working

--- Could it sync updates made on both the phone and desktop using the most current date of update?

--- I think the google spreadsheet is pretty primitive, i know i would pay more for a web based app.

--- it's fine for me

estimate?

--- i would have paid 5$ for the phone app i liked it so much. if there was a desktop counterpart that synced with the phone app, I would gladly pay $20 - $30 for the desktop app.

Thanks!
    l
    I've finally made the (mentally) difficult switch from Handy Shopper to Shopping Manager, and while the import was hard, as it doesn't support multiple stores, it worked after a lot of editing. Your program is quite good, and to be truthful, I haven't regretted the move.

I have found one small discrepancy between the two programs. With HS, if you uncheck an item in the checkout list, it goes back up to the shopping cart. When I uncheck it in SM, it goes down to the main list (default), sort of like an individual Checkout, which seems redundant. The reason this is important to me is there are a few items I almost always buy, so it's nice they remain at the top of the list. I uncheck the ones I need, then perform the Checkout function, and I have the list ready for the next time.

Thanks for a worthy successor to Handy Shopper.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balboadave View Post
    I've finally made the (mentally) difficult switch from Handy Shopper to Shopping Manager, and while the import was hard, as it doesn't support multiple stores, it worked after a lot of editing. Your program is quite good, and to be truthful, I haven't regretted the move.
    Actually, the import supports multiple stores. It's described in the docs.

I have found one small discrepancy between the two programs. With HS, if you uncheck an item in the checkout list, it goes back up to the shopping cart. When I uncheck it in SM, it goes down to the main list (default), sort of like an individual Checkout, which seems redundant. The reason this is important to me is there are a few items I almost always buy, so it's nice they remain at the top of the list. I uncheck the ones I need, then perform the Checkout function, and I have the list ready for the next time.
    I am not sure, I understand. If you uncheck a previously checked item in the Needed view (shopping cart), then it is still "needed". If you uncheck a previously checked item in All view (notepad), then it goes back to "default". As far as I see, this is the same behavior as in HS.

Since there are lots of different possibilities for such a program, we
    would like to have your opinion. If we do it, it is highly unlikely that
    we will be hosting a web server for that. This would be too costly (and
    would cost each month!) and to risky for you (should we be forced to
    shut it down).
    I like the way you think.
    bells and whistles?
    Full blown would be nice, but I think that would be a major undertaking. On the other hand, you could sell that as a standalone program, and that could be an additional revenue stream. But in support of the WebOS app, simplified editing is all that I would need.
    Absolutely.
    I am not a huge fan of the cloud, although I use it all the time. My preference is for a WiFi connection. I already use both PocketMirror and WiFi Media Sync, and along with the Touchstone, never have to use any cables.
    I would prefer a simple sync that only works on changed items. On the other hand, you could have a full database backup feature.
    Not for me.
    This is a good idea, especially if you take my suggestion for a standalone app to heart
    estimate?
    I would. For a simple and basic companion piece to the webOS app, an additional $5-15 seems appropriate. For a full blown program with webOS support, $25-35 would be reasonable
    Thanks!
    You're welcome.
    Actually, the import supports multiple stores. It's described in the docs.
    Oops, I guess I missed it, or couldn't get it working right. It's just as well. I ended up redoing how most of my items were organized.

I am not sure, I understand. If you uncheck a previously checked item in the Needed view (shopping cart), then it is still "needed". If you uncheck a previously checked item in All view (notepad), then it goes back to "default". As far as I see, this is the same behavior as in HS.
    Your description is what I expect to happen. In the case I'm trying to describe, I'm in the Needed view, since I'm shopping, and also in the mode where checked off items remain visible. If I uncheck any of those, they do not stay in the needed view and disappear, which is the same operation as the Checkout command. I hope that's a little more clear.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Your description is what I expect to happen. In the case I'm trying to describe, I'm in the Needed view, since I'm shopping, and also in the mode where checked off items remain visible. If I uncheck any of those, they do not stay in the needed view and disappear, which is the same operation as the Checkout command. I hope that's a little more clear.
    Cannot reproduce this. In my case, it always changes from checked to unchecked and back. Maybe a combination of some options, that you have set in preferences. Could you please either send you database file by mail to software(at)vivalv.de, so I could test with your data and your options or could you write how your options are set?
    Cannot reproduce this. In my case, it always changes from checked to unchecked and back. Maybe a combination of some options, that you have set in preferences. Could you please either send you database file by mail to software(at)vivalv.de, so I could test with your data and your options or could you write how your options are set?
    I have theses checked:
    Show needed in All mode
    Show Checked in Needed mode
    Keep screen on in Needed mode
    Name entry multi-line
    Name wraps

These are unchecked:
    Checkout only visible items
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Same here. So, I would really need your database file to be able to reproduce it.
    Just wondering is there any chance for multiple card support i.e. one card for grocery shopping database and one for school shopping database. I only ask as when I go to the store I like to be able to separate out some purchases i.e. I have so much $ for groceries and so much for $ school and want to be able to know how much I am totaling for each. Just wondering...