Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    * option to search in notes

PRICELESS! Thanks!
    Great application. I Love it! However is it possible for the categories to be assigned to specific shops (or at least default to all categories when you switch to a new list)? I have a few categories that I only use for one shop and I when I move to a new shop or create a new list, it remains in the category. Not the worst thing, but it becomes very tedious and is really the only con to the application. Thanks again for any help.
    I seem to be generating hundreds of the same virtual category for some items. Somehow, one of my items has hundreds of the same category listed under 'virtual categories' in edit item view. Not sure how I 'found' this bug but I have noticed it happen on more than one item. I wish I could be more specific and give more detail.
    A few suggestions: is it possible when choosing from a drop-down list to use the keyboard to jump to the next item on the list starting with that key? So if I want to choose 'Summer' in the drop-down category list I could type 's' and the list would jump to that letter? I don't mean for the list to choose the option that starts with that letter, I mean for the list to jump to the place in the list where 's' is the first letter. Not sure if it is even possible in webOS.

One other thing, in drop-down lists, could the current selected option(s) be checked?

Finally, why do we go to another screen when choosing 'assign virtual category' from the edit item screen? Shouldn't we stay where we are and view a drop-down list? It seems an extra step. Maybe it is necessary because multiple virtual categories are possible.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmurray23 View Post
    Great application. I Love it! However is it possible for the categories to be assigned to specific shops (or at least default to all categories when you switch to a new list)? I have a few categories that I only use for one shop and I when I move to a new shop or create a new list, it remains in the category. Not the worst thing, but it becomes very tedious and is really the only con to the application. Thanks again for any help.
    Categories and shops are specific to databases. Categories are not specific to shops. For example, I can buy "Fruit" in more then one supermarket.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomsens View Post
    I seem to be generating hundreds of the same virtual category for some items. Somehow, one of my items has hundreds of the same category listed under 'virtual categories' in edit item view. Not sure how I 'found' this bug but I have noticed it happen on more than one item. I wish I could be more specific and give more detail.
    Since when are you using Shopping Manager? Because of a bug in webOS, it could happen in versions before Shopping Manager 2.1.0, that the database could be corrupted. If you have only one database, you could rebuild the database from scratch by yourself. If yes, I can list the steps here. If no, you would have to mail us the database file.

If you never used Shopping Manager before 2.1.0, then something strange is happening and we would need some details on how to reproduce that.
    Last edited by sidamos; 07/02/2010 at 12:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    A few suggestions: is it possible when choosing from a drop-down list to use the keyboard to jump to the next item on the list starting with that key? So if I want to choose 'Summer' in the drop-down category list I could type 's' and the list would jump to that letter? I don't mean for the list to choose the option that starts with that letter, I mean for the list to jump to the place in the list where 's' is the first letter. Not sure if it is even possible in webOS.
    Unfortunately, it's not. We are using standard webOS selectors and they do not support this.
    One other thing, in drop-down lists, could the current selected option(s) be checked?
    They are. Where are you missing checkboxes?
    Finally, why do we go to another screen when choosing 'assign virtual category' from the edit item screen? Shouldn't we stay where we are and view a drop-down list? It seems an extra step. Maybe it is necessary because multiple virtual categories are possible.
    You are right. When we implemented that feature, we thought about having selectors right inside the list of virtual categories. We would need multiple selectors for multiple virtual categories. But selectors are a bit cumbersome to use with a large number of entries and in the multi-assign view, you have a better overview and you can see nicely which ones are selected and you can also filter by typing.
    Thanks for the detailed reply. I appreciate your explaining all that to me.

Regarding the multiple virtual categories: I have just started using Shopping Manager in June. I created the database in question late June, so I am sure I used the newest version when I created the database. I think I will try exporting my databases, cleaning them up, deleting Shopping Manager, downloading a new copy from the app catalog, and importing my databases. If a WebOS bug was corrupting the databases, this may be the fix. Also looks like I may be the only one (or one of a few) experiencing the problem. That makes me believe it may be my copy of the app instead of a bug in the app itself.

Thanks for the quick replies! I love this app!
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Please be careful when re-importing from Google Docs. We just found a problem regarding tax1, tax2 and coupon checkmarks. Google Docs converts the exported true/false from Shopping Manager to TRUE/FALSE. But on import, Shopping Manager only recognizes true/false and so all checkmarks will be unchecked. This will be fixed in the next version soon.
    I just doctored my Pre+ and now cant find my Shopping Databases. Did I lose them? I have a backup from the Backup Utility. Could it be in there?

thanks,
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Since webOS 1.4, I think, the Doctor does not erase the USB partition anymore. So, it should still be there. If you reinstalled Shopping Manager, maybe webOS has given it a new name/created a new one with new name.

Please see here for name and location: Shoppingmanager/english - VivaLV-Software
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Since webOS 1.4, I think, the Doctor does not erase the USB partition anymore. So, it should still be there. If you reinstalled Shopping Manager, maybe webOS has given it a new name/created a new one with new name.

Please see here for name and location: Shoppingmanager/english - VivaLV-Software
    In the folder
    .app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.de.vivalv.software.shoppingmanager_0

were two .db files. One called 011.db and another called 0e.db. I renamed the 011 file to 0e and now I have my old database files back.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Yes, webOS always chooses a new name on reinstall. I did not know that this also applies after doctoring.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Another way to backup and restore App data, including Shopping Manager, is using Save/Restore thru Preware.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Shopping Manager v2.2.3 is available in the Palm App Catalog.

Changes:
    * bug fixes regarding Google import, showing edited items and checkout
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    We are currently thinking about a desktop companion program for Shopping
    Manager (no promise!). You already have the ability to edit your data in
    Google Docs now, but this is of course not so nice.

Since there are lots of different possibilities for such a program, we
    would like to have your opinion. If we do it, it is highly unlikely that
    we will be hosting a web server for that. This would be too costly (and
    would cost each month!) and to risky for you (should we be forced to
    shut it down).

Does it have to be a "full-blown" Shopping Manager for the desktop,
    allowing you to do everything? Or would it be enough to have simplified
    editing of the data (similar to export/import from/to Excel), without
    bells and whistles?

Does it have to work without a webOS phone nearby ("offline")?

Should it make a USB or wireless (WiFi) connection to your phone? Or
    should it sync via the cloud (Google Docs)? If using USB, your phone
    would be in USB drive mode, meaning not usable while connected and the
    desktop program would directly access the database file on the phone.

Does it have to sync (insert/update/delete) single items or is it OK to
    do a full export/import of a database from/to the phone before/after
    editing on the desktop, like it is implemented now for Google Docs?
    Export to the phone would add/update items on the phone, not delete.

Does it absolutely have to be web-based? Maybe a Google Spreadsheet form
    is "good enough" in this case?

It's highly likely, that this would be a Java program, so that it could
    run on Windows, Linux and Mac. Is this OK for you?

Would you pay an extra fee for that program? If yes, can you make an
    estimate?

Thanks!
    I was a HandyShopper user who then converted all data to SplashShopper, which I used to track fairly extensive & many collections (coins, cds, movies, etc). I just purchased Shopping Manager and have exported all of my SplashShopper data to separate .csv files, but I don't quite follow how I now move all of my data to be able to import it to Shopping Manager. Would someone please be able to provide me with step by step instructions? Thank you!
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    The .csv files need to have the correct fields and field order, please see here: Import

If you need to change the .csv files, first load them into Excel (or another Spreadsheet), change it and save again as .csv.

Then connect your phone via USB to your computer and copy the .csv files to the phone's media partition.

Start Shopping Manager, create some databases and import the .csv files into the various databases with the DataTransfer feature (choose import/file as mode).
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Minor issue with High Price Indicator. If one shop has price of 0, then it shows up as lowest price. Could you compare only non zero prices for the High Price Indicator?

Thanks
    Tom
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Sorry, can't really say at this time.
    Thanks for the straight answer.
    Tom