Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Shopping Manager Beta 2.0.5 should be available in the Palm Beta Channel in about 2 hours. It's not available at PreCentral anymore.

You can install it
    - via AppScoop
    - via Preware (enable Palm Beta Feed)
    - with this link: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...ingmanagerbeta

Changes:
    ** multi-assign of shops/categories in EditItem View
    ** color-indicator for databases
    ** database-switch in main menu
    ** no resorting during switch between all/needed for same sort criteria
    ** enhanced stability and error reporting
    ** feedback button
    ** bug fixes
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    We are now also at Facebook: VivaLV Software | Facebook

This means, you can also write comments there, discuss our Apps or read tips and news.

We are also at Twitter for a while now: VivaLV Software (vivalvsoftware) on Twitter
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Shopping Manager Beta 2.0.6 is available in the Palm Beta Channel.

Changes:
    ** light and dark theme switchable
    ** more colors for text
    ** bug fixes
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    English documentation for the current beta is ready: Shoppingmanager/beta/english - VivaLV-Software
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Shopping Manager Beta 2.1.1 is now available in the Palm Beta Channel. It is the upcomping 2.1.0 release plus one bugfix and enhanced database integrity. As soon as 2.1.0 is available in the App Catalog, we will submit this beta as 2.1.1, because we think the fix and enhanced integrity is worth another .1 release.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Excellent! Thanks much!

Regards,
    -Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Shopping Manager 2.1.0 is available in the App Catalog. Changes:
    * light and dark theme switchable
    * more colors for text
    * multi-assign of shops/categories in EditItem View
    * color-indicator for databases
    * database-switch in main menu
    * no resorting during switch between all/needed for same sort criteria
    * enhanced stability and error reporting
    * feedback button
    * bug fixes
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Shopping Manager Beta 2.1.2 is now available in the Palm Beta Channel.

Changes: Bug fixes
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Shopping Manager 2.1.2 is now available in the Palm App Catalog.

Changes:
    * enhanced database integrity
    * bug fixes
    Is there any chance we will someday be able to condense the item listings to two, or even better one, line per item? I'd like to purchase this and support you, but if this won't be coming soon, the lists are just too ungainly. I try using the options to pare it down (name, quant, unit price), but I still have three lines. It insists on displaying the extended price and units ( per pint etc).

When I'm actually shopping, all I care about is a checkbox that I need it (check off when gotten), the item name (I iclude the size (40 oz) in the name), quantity needed, and the unit price. I don't care about the extended price, that's handled in the total.

if I can get more granular control of what fields are displayed (like just the unit price instead of both the unit & extended price and just the unit price without the "size" description (per pint), I would be fine.

I hope that's clear and not too muddy of a description.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I understand your wish and you are not the first one who wants a more "condensed" view. So, we are thinking about it, but I can't make a promise.

In the meantime, you really can get down to 2 or 1 line now, if you switch off some details.

If you want to get rid of the 2nd line, switch off priority, category, shop, aisle and coupon.

If you want to get rid of the 3rd line, switch off price information.

I know, it's not exactly what you want, but maybe it still helps.
    Actually, that's one field I forgot- aisle. I have that up too because I sort the display by aisle so I can just go from one end of the store to the other. One thing I always think about to save space would be to remove the circled I, make all fields touch and hold, and add a button on the top or bottom of the screen for details like HS does. That way you can edit the displayed fields directly, or select the item and hit details for full item editing.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, this won't work, because of the difference between stylus and touch user interface. You can't make such small targets for fingers.
    Personally, and I know I'll be in the minority, I'd forgo the I to gain room on the line for data and use a details type button. I know that's just me. I'd rather be able to have more items on the screen. Maybe reducing the leading could be used? Sorry to drag this on - it's just me.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    The details button would not work in webOS, like it worked on PalmOS.

As I said, we have a more condensed view on our ToDo list, but I can't promise anything right now.
    OK thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I am looking to convert from handyshopper. I have 18 different databases in HS including movies, books, music, packing list for traveling, gift ideas, etc. Do I need to import each database separately?

This app looks great and I will gladly pay for it.
    I just got my Pre+ and this was the 1st application that I bought. I am reading thru the threads now on migrating my data from HS to Shopping MGR.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Import from HandyShopper is explained here:
    Shoppingmanager/english - VivaLV-Software
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Import from HandyShopper is explained here:
    Shoppingmanager/english - VivaLV-Software
    Do I understand that each HS database needs to be exported/imported separately into Shopping Manager?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Sidamos,

Great, great app! Any chance you could extend the search function to include notes?

Let me explain. I actually use the Shopping Manager to keep track of shopping items but I also have another database for movies. I insert the main actor in the notes field and my rating in the price field. Would love to be able to search my list using the name of the main actor alone.

Any chance of this being added as a search option in preferences?

Alternatively, Sidamos, any chance that you might create a seperate app for this? You could have different fields for actors, ratings, genre etc.... You already have the basic set up in Shopping Manager, just convert it to Movie Manager. I know that there is an app in the catalog now for movie lists but it is not very reliable and has no import/export features. Just a thought....
    Last edited by Quintus; 05/24/2010 at 12:22 PM.