Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I just uploaded 1.2.1 Beta to PreCentral with some minor changes:
    * auto-wrap of notes
    * import more robust and more intelligent regarding alternative shops and virtual categories
    * import only allows text files
    * export more robust
    * possibility to repair a corrupt items table
    * remove CR from item names when reading from database

One important note: One user encountered a corrupted database after upgrading to 1.2.0 Beta. It looks like an isolated case and it seems, the database was already corrupted before upgrading.

You can check, if your database is OK, by choosing "Reset visible items to need" and then "Reset visible items to default" in the main menu. If you do not get an error, you do not have this problem. If you do get an error, we'd like to hear about it. Also, you can fix this by either export, recreate complete database and import or with "Fix items" in the menu of the database view.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdkobes View Post
    Finally we get paid apps. This is the first app I bought!
    Dear sidamos, unfortnunately, the world exists from some more countries than just CA, IE, MX, GB, US, FR, DE, ES...., at least the REAL world in contrast to the PALM world. Unfortunately, I am one of those living in this neglectable part of the world, with no access to paid apps.
    Since day one, I have been waiting to use ShoppingManager, but I am frustrated to use time limited beta versions. Now, after it seems obvious that this small neglectable part of the world is nto getting paid apps in the near and maybe even distant future, would you be willing to share your app in the one or the other way but unrestricted from time limits and migration efforts with us? Thanks for listening
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I know your problem. But it is a difficult and sensitive matter. I have signed a contract with Palm to not distribute (sell) our apps outside of the App Catalog.

Just yesterday, someone from Norway contacted me with the same question.

Could you please try to contact Palm here Palm Support : Palm Pre O2 - Support Services (they probably have also a local phone number for you) and also nag them here Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA (but you probably won't get an answer from the latter).

I know from Austrians, who want to try to re-activate their Pre with a German O2 prepaid SIM card, because it seems, as if the App Catalog is bound to the country where you activated the Pre. IF this works, they will still lose their Palm profile (and so at least Memos and Tasks).
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I just uploaded 1.2.2 Beta to PreCentral with some minor changes:
    * EditItem and Prefs screens rendering better with webOS 1.4
    * correct sorting by category after changing an item
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I just uploaded 1.2.3 Beta with extended expiration to PreCentral. I also submitted functional identical 2.0.0 to the Palm App Catalog. Should be visible in the Catalog next week, if all goes well.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Version 2.0.0 has been accepted into the App Catalog and should be visible shortly.

As always: If you like it, please rate or review it. Thanks!
    I installed 2.0.0 and copied the data over from the .app_storage...beta folder, but when I bring SM 2.0.0 up, I'm presented with emptiness. Will 2.0.0 not read 1.2.3 beta data?
    -- Kevin Andrew Lipscomb
    -- http://kal.webhop.net
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Yes, it will, But you have to do it like this:
    - start 2.0.0 at least one time
    - connect the phone via USB
    - copy the 1.2.3 db to the 2.0.0 directory, but with the name of the existing db there

Reason: Every app has its own random naming scheme for the db files.
    That's how I did it. I guess I can't rule out the possibility that my beta data was already corrupted. I'm moving forward by re-importing.
    -- Kevin Andrew Lipscomb
    -- http://kal.webhop.net
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    If possible, I would like to see your beta db for further investigation.

So, if you don't mind, please mail it to: software(at)vivalv.de

Thanks.
    Hi,

Is there a limit to the number of records in a database? I'm getting ready to use HS2convert on my HandyShopper database. I currently have over 2500 items, 23 stores with aisles / prices for each store. If I understand the docs correctly, the import function will import aisles / prices for multiple stores from a csv?

If a file this large is allowed, about how long should the import take (using a US Verizon Pre Plus)? I haven't tried it yet with a smaller file so I don't know if it gives a progress bar or not. I don't want to start the import then quit before it finishes because I'm expecting it to finish sooner I realize it will probably take a while with WebOS's slow file handling.

Thanks for providing such a great app.

Panagiotis
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    We have tested with 1000 and with 8000 items. 1000 works, 8000 not. But not because of a size limit, but because sorting is then so slow, that webOS will cancel the operation.

2000 should work, but switching between All and Needed mode will be a little slow (because of resorting).

Import should take 1-2 minutes probably.

If it makes sense, you should consider splitting the items in multiple databases.
    Thanks for the quick reply! What in the world are you doing up at such an ungodly hour - I didn't expect an answer for another 8 hours or so You truly deserve all the praise people give you here.

I'm used to the slow refresh already with HS.

I don't really see me splitting the file. I'm one of those real anal shoppers. I don't just have one entry for each item, I have one for every size available. I've been building this list for many years. It does make refreshs slow when changing display options, but nothing beats the convenience of one monolithic list.

Now if you were only make the desktop companion you wrote about a while ago ... That's the one thing that's tedious about HS when doing mass updates

Keep up the good work and thanks again for the help.

Panagiotis
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Well, I am at timezone GMT+1 (+1 for DST). ;-)
    Is there any way to configure the display to show everything for an item on one line like HS does? In HS, I usually have the checkbox, name, quantity, aisle, and unit price displayed on one line. I don't seem able to cut it down to less than 3 lines. When I display the unit price, I just want to see the unit price so I can confirm I'm picking up the correct item, not the unit (kg, can, etc) or the "extended" price (quantity times unit price). Is this possible with SM? Maybe an option to limit / adjust the size of columns like you can in HS?

Panagiotis
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, that's not possible. We did not find a better way to display the information, yet. Some things are based on the fact that you must have bigger symbols for using with your fingers, instead of the stylus.

If you want to squeeze more items on the screen, you can maybe try to configure smaller font sizes.

But I have noted your request.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    If you want to squeeze more items on the screen, you can maybe try to configure smaller font sizes.
    I tried setting everything to 14 - that seems to be the smallest font. It didn't make a difference - still displayed on 3 lines (checkbox, name, quantity, aisle, price info - nothing else). Being able to configure price info displayed (like just unit price and not unit type and extended price) would help. Especially if it could be displayed on the same line as aisle (currently aisle is on a line by itself) would cut it down to 2 lines. Removing the parenthesis around quantity and aisle would remove 4 characters. Maybe removing that extra data would allow it to fit on one line. Especially with using the 14 font - it looks like there would be plenty of room to fit everything on one line then.

I noticed it takes some pretty precise tapping to hit the circled i to get to the edit screen. Maybe a tap and hold on the name to bring up the edit screen. Being able to just tap (or tap and hold) on the quantity to bring up the picker would eliminate the circled i completely then.

I know I might be asking a lot from a finger vs stylus interface, but one of the most useful features of HS was the ability to change the important info directly from the list without having to go to a seperate dialog. I don't know if this is a fruitless quest since I notice none of the shopping programs seem to offer a more condensed display option. That's my one big gripe with all the new phones- sure it's groovy all the multitouch etc, but I do miss the precision a stylus offered
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    We will think about a condensed item display.

You are right, it's big difference between finger and stylus.

Setting the font to a smaller size does not reduce the number of lines, but the place that's needed for one item. So you can get maybe one more item on screen.

You can also get to the edit item screen by holding the gesture area and tapping on the item.

The hit area for the i extends a little bit to the right, towards the screen edge, if that helps.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Version 2.0.1 is available.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Life could be so much easier with a bar-code reader.
    read as you buy, store and use. Hit 'replace' button for a list of items used since last time shopping.
    Also, use GPS coordinates to find cheapest 'gallon of ice cream' in the surrounding X miles. Also, update my price for that item.
    It's great to dream.