Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Just downloaded the latest beta and copied my database over. The new version really rocks!

The multiple databases and attendant features are great, and I really like that you can select how/where to check off an item. That was one of my biggest issues. Actually, I think that was my only issue...

Just one request -

I'd like to be able to toggle the confirmation when switching databases

Thanks much,

-Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    You mean, you don't want to confirm the switch? It's against accidently switching while scrolling. You can also switch the DB with the i menu, but then again, it's also 2 taps.
    Please Update!
    It does not look like the Canadian version of app cat will be ready today. Would you PLEASE upload a new version with a later expire date until the paid app is available??? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    The new 1.2.0 beta expires on 15th of april.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    You mean, you don't want to confirm the switch? It's against accidently switching while scrolling. You can also switch the DB with the i menu, but then again, it's also 2 taps.
    Switching while scrolling? Didn't know about that. How do you carry out that action?
    Is there a link to the documentation for the beta? I didn't see that?

I was talking about switching via Menu / Database / DB:xxxx / tap-desired-db / tap OK or Cancel button..

I'm con-fooz-ed. (send more coffee...)

Cheers,
    -Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    The beta docs are not ready, yet.

I wanted to say, that if you have more then 10 databases for example and you would scroll, you could accidentally tap and switch. Same as in the items list in needed mode. There it also could accidentally happen, that you check an item while scrolling.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Aha, got it. The beta docs are still alpha, and you're saving me from myself... LOL

I do however concur that having a long list of databases could cause that issue. Foresight is good!

FWIW, I'd also say that to have that many databases, one would need another job or two, to have enough money to purchase all those things...

Thanks and regards,
    -Jerry
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Well, there are people that enter other stuff into the database, not items that they want to buy.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Well, there are people that enter other stuff into the database, not items that they want to buy.
    Yeah, I know, but at work, they do call me the "Great Sarcasmo".

I have absolutely no idea why...

Regards,
    -Jerry
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Shopping Manager 1.1.2 is available in the international App Catalog.
    Finally we get paid apps. This is the first app I bought!
    I am sure the info is somewhere, but could someone please help me move my database from the Beta to the paid??

Thanks
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    If the beta is older than the paid version, then you can copy the database like described here: Shoppingmanager/english - VivaLV-Software

Otherwise, you should do export to clipboard and import from clipboard.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    yep, finally paid apps.
    just bought your great app, thanks!
    a bit confusing at first, it is the first shopping app that made me read the manual *g*
    but it is nice, just add multiple shops per item please
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Nice, that someone actually reads the manual. ;-)

For a quick start, please look into the help menu of the app.

Multiple shops per item (and multiple categories and multiple databases) are implemented in the current beta and will hopefully be in the released version soon.

Thanks for buying. If you like it, please rate and/or review it in the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    The new beta docs are available: Shoppingmanager/beta/english - VivaLV-Software
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    The new beta docs are available: Shoppingmanager/beta/english - VivaLV-Software
    Thank you!

-Jerry
    Wow, the new beta is great! Love the multiple databases and the virtual categories.

Two feature suggestions:
    I switch databases fairly often, so anything that would reduce the number of taps required to do that would be great. Maybe a selector menu similar to the ones for shops and categories? Maybe tap the center of the header bar to go right to the database selector screen?

I love the virtual categories, but now they are getting jumbled up in my "real" categories due to the alphabetical sorting. I've started naming them with a "v_" to avoid that, but even better would be a way to manually set a sort order for all the categories that would override the default alpha sort. This would be nice for non-virtual categories too because it would be handy to have categories like "fruit" sorting next to "vegetables" on the list.
    Another huge thank-you for the new beta! You've added all the major requests I wanted, and even squeezed in the new standard quantity field. This is a great app, and a worthy successor to handyshopper. You've exceeded handyshopper in some valuable ways, such as emailing out needed lists.

My most favorite WebOS app!
    - Alan
    Palm III, Palm Vx, Palm TX, Palm Pre (Sprint), Palm Pre3(AT&T/ebay)
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffmcq View Post
    Wow, the new beta is great! Love the multiple databases and the virtual categories.

Two feature suggestions:
    I switch databases fairly often, so anything that would reduce the number of taps required to do that would be great. Maybe a selector menu similar to the ones for shops and categories? Maybe tap the center of the header bar to go right to the database selector screen?

I love the virtual categories, but now they are getting jumbled up in my "real" categories due to the alphabetical sorting. I've started naming them with a "v_" to avoid that, but even better would be a way to manually set a sort order for all the categories that would override the default alpha sort. This would be nice for non-virtual categories too because it would be handy to have categories like "fruit" sorting next to "vegetables" on the list.
    I have noted your wishes.

The center of the header bar already has functionality. It changes the stats type in Needed mode.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alangant View Post
    Another huge thank-you for the new beta! You've added all the major requests I wanted, and even squeezed in the new standard quantity field. This is a great app, and a worthy successor to handyshopper. You've exceeded handyshopper in some valuable ways, such as emailing out needed lists.

My most favorite WebOS app!
    I am glad, you like it. :-)