Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    now that the catalog has moved out of beta what do you think we can expect? I know this is speculation but just curious about opinions.
    The out of beta app catalog ushers in the following:

• App Catalog significantly improves the application download experience.
    • A user can now download multiple applications simultaneously.
    • Downloads continue in the background if the user moves away from the download screen.
    • A user can manually pause, resume, and cancel downloads.
    • A user can also download all available updates for the user’s downloaded applications with a single tap.
    • App Catalog automatically resumes downloads in cases where a download was paused because it was interrupted—for example, if a user moves out of network coverage and then moves back into coverage.
    • Users can now take advantage of the full storage capacity of the phone for downloading applications. This gives the user more control over how to allocate the phone’s storage space across applications, music, photos, and other media. Downloaded applications are now stored on the phone’s USB drive.
    • App Catalog lists search results based on an improved search algorithm.
    • Locations from which users can purchase paid apps from App Catalog now include U.S. territories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    The out of beta app catalog ushers in the following:

• App Catalog significantly improves the application download experience.
    • A user can now download multiple applications simultaneously.
    • Downloads continue in the background if the user moves away from the download screen.
    • A user can manually pause, resume, and cancel downloads.
    • A user can also download all available updates for the user’s downloaded applications with a single tap.
    • App Catalog automatically resumes downloads in cases where a download was paused because it was interrupted—for example, if a user moves out of network coverage and then moves back into coverage.
    • Users can now take advantage of the full storage capacity of the phone for downloading applications. This gives the user more control over how to allocate the phone’s storage space across applications, music, photos, and other media. Downloaded applications are now stored on the phone’s USB drive.
    • App Catalog lists search results based on an improved search algorithm.
    • Locations from which users can purchase paid apps from App Catalog now include U.S. territories.
    US TERRITORIES IMPORTANT DETAIL (at least PRPRPR):

Don't waste your time with the App Catalog yet. I tried two cards and it told me they couldn't be added because they -may- be fraudulent. Both accounts have a dollar on hold from Palm at Sunnyvale.

I called Palm about this issue and while it took a while to find an agent that could help me the fact is that it's a known issue that they're working on. In the meantime I have $2.00 on hold on two different CC accounts and two unverified cards so I still can't buy apps